Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deadly Premonition

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Feb 23, 2010

An open-world action-adventure game following an eccentric FBI agent as he investigates a series of bizarre murders in the small rural town of Greenvale.

Just bought Twin Peaks..

GbZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By GbZ

Finally after all the talk about how Alan Wake and Deadly Premonition is mostly inspired by Twin Peaks, I went ahead and bought this:  

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000UX6THK?tag=tibesti-20 

Somehow I never  managed to see any of it..

Am I in for a great piece of pop-culture or is it to late for me?

simian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By simian

I had the previous DVD release that didn't include the Pilot and a bunch of the audio tracks were messed up so I never made it through the entire thing.
    Twin Peaks is pretty much timeless. There's a def 80s vibe to some of the production but it's just so bizarre that avoids dating itself.
    Seeing that back then it was basically just the big 3 networks (FOX was still young) and no cable outlet station like FX or AMC, this getting aired just boggles my mind. Even by todays standards it's almost too weird and surreal for US audiences.

GbZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By GbZ

I just looked up the air dates from Denmark and it shows that the first episode where shown 02/02-1991

This is just one year after it showed original - In 1991 danish television was crap, so somehow it must have had huge ratings for it to sent into international syndication this early??

Most danish people (i talk to) have seen it

cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By cstrang

I've seen an episode or two on Chiller (or whatever that all-horror cable station was called).  I didn't know what to expect, so I was completely lost when I was watching it.

uNeekS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By uNeekS

I've been watching it lately (for the same reasons mostly - Alan Wake and Deadly Premonition) and you can see the links between the games and the series, more so in Deadly Premonition to be honest.

The series on it's own is pretty good though. Some proper laugh out loud moments and lots of peering at the TV looking perplexed!

Chronologist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Chronologist

Yeah, the references in the two games are very obvious, and Jeff also references it a lot on the ER.. 

I would definitely advise you to go watch it, it's quite awesome though you'll sometimes stare at the screen in a mix of disbelief and a "what the hell just happened" feeling, that for me just made it more fun to watch.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.