Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deadly Premonition

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Feb 23, 2010

An open-world action-adventure game following an eccentric FBI agent as he investigates a series of bizarre murders in the small rural town of Greenvale.

My Thoughts On The New ER

RedRoach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By RedRoach

Wow, this game looks terrible! It may be too early to tell, but as of thus far this game is pure shit... so naturally a new ER of it would be a bad idea, right? Wrong, thanks to the bombcast crew that is. i could watch bomberman zero if there was added GB commentary. Anyways, when i came to the video page today to watch I Love Mondays and saw there was a deadly premonition ER i was really excited for a new one, having seen the old one from day one. i decided to watch V/J first and i enjoyed myself, not as much as persona 4, but i still did. Although the commentary was very funny, the quality of the actual game hurt my experience.  
    I went directly to Brad and Ryan's video after completing the first. To be honest, i didn't enjoy myself. Before i go any farther, i would like to say that i have been a member of giantbomb before the actual site launched when GB was a one page blog. I like and enjoy content from everyone at Giantbomb. Anyways, the BR commentary wasn't entertaining me, it felt stale and boring. Now this may be due to the fact that i knew what was going to happen next. Tomorrow i will try BR first and see how that goes, but it's not looking good. 
    The original ER was fantastic, it has left me with many great memories, and i will remember it (and probably re watch it one or twice) for many years. In the foreseeable future i will watch both versions of the new ER, but i will probably end up just watching one or the other instead of both. However, i can see myself losing interest in it entirely and i may just have to wait till P5 to get my new ER fix. 

PS my writing will probably be a little confusing or hard to read, im sorry but im really tired right now due to my work schedule

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Demyx

I liked both, with the V/J one being a bit better. But again, both were entertaining.

Th3_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Th3_James

I will watch em play it twice

the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#5  Edited By the8bitNacho

Not sure why your thoughts on the new Endurance Run couldn't have been posted in one of the half-dozen other similar threads.  Not trying to be a dick, but I'd just rather not have half the forum's front page covered in ER threads like it was during the whole Persona 4 thing.

mikenam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By mikenam

I think the bad thing about this game is that the camera is spinning around too much and it gives me a little bit of a headache.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Dan_CiTi

This game is a work of art. 

Hannibal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Hannibal

I watched B/R first and was more entertained by V/J despite knowing what was going to happen. Maybe because of the hilarity of them not knowing about infinite ammo.

RedRoach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RedRoach
    @Kombat: sorry, wasn't really paying attention.
    yinstarrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By yinstarrunner

Yes, the parts shown so far make the game seem like a budget RE4 ripoff, but keep watching.  If you have a sense of humor I'm sure you'll fall in love with this game once it opens up a lot more.

larryrules138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By larryrules138

They really shouldn't have had that prologue level. I understand it's good to get players used to the quirky combat system, but man does it give a bad impression at first. I was deathly afraid I had been led astray by the internet during the prologue, but really, as soon as you're out of those dark woods and into Greenvale the game kicks up in enjoyability. It sucks that this first series of videos will confirm a lot of people's (mis)conceptions that the game is atrocious, but it really does get good soon. By the next batch of episodes, or by the third, I'm sure a lot of people will change their tunes.

Doubt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Doubt

its just the first episode dont count out Brad and Ryan yet im sure theyll get better.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By iamjohn
    @Kombat said:
    " Not sure why your thoughts on the new Endurance Run couldn't have been posted in one of the half-dozen other similar threads.  Not trying to be a dick, but I'd just rather not have half the forum's front page covered in ER threads like it was during the whole Persona 4 thing. "
    Oh come on, it only got really bad when it ended. :(
    ashogo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By ashogo
    @larryrules138 said:
    " They really shouldn't have had that prologue level. I understand it's good to get players used to the quirky combat system, but man does it give a bad impression at first. I was deathly afraid I had been led astray by the internet during the prologue, but really, as soon as you're out of those dark woods and into Greenvale the game kicks up in enjoyability. It sucks that this first series of videos will confirm a lot of people's (mis)conceptions that the game is atrocious, but it really does get good soon. By the next batch of episodes, or by the third, I'm sure a lot of people will change their tunes. "
    reallly? I'm actually quite enjoying it already. It's got a 'so bad it's passed into amazing goodness' kind of vibe. It's strange. Somehow all of it's faults make me enjoy watching it even more. And the story is actually intriguing me so far.
    larryrules138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By larryrules138
    @ashogo said:
    " @larryrules138 said:
    " They really shouldn't have had that prologue level. I understand it's good to get players used to the quirky combat system, but man does it give a bad impression at first. I was deathly afraid I had been led astray by the internet during the prologue, but really, as soon as you're out of those dark woods and into Greenvale the game kicks up in enjoyability. It sucks that this first series of videos will confirm a lot of people's (mis)conceptions that the game is atrocious, but it really does get good soon. By the next batch of episodes, or by the third, I'm sure a lot of people will change their tunes. "
    reallly? I'm actually quite enjoying it already. It's got a 'so bad it's passed into amazing goodness' kind of vibe. It's strange. Somehow all of it's faults make me enjoy watching it even more. And the story is actually intriguing me so far. "
    It has some sort of weird mind control power, I'm convinced of it. There's really no reason I should've enjoyed it so much I played it for 30 hours, but I did. I don't understand it. I'd actually say DP is one of my favorite recently released games. It's.. confusing.
    jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jmrwacko
    @larryrules138 said:
    TBH, this sounds a lot like STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl. Terrible at first, great once the game opens up.
    YellowKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By YellowKing
    @jmrwacko said:
    " @larryrules138 said:
    TBH, this sounds a lot like STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl. Terrible at first, great once the game opens up. "
    Really?  I liked S.T.A.L.K.E.R. the best at the beginning when you've got the shotgun.  Gameplay afterward becomes very sameish.
    Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By Gabriel

Good it gets better, that prologue was terrible and boring.

Avatar image for buzz_killington
    buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19  Edited By buzz_killington

It's awesome, I don't know what you guys are talking about.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.