Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deadly Premonition

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Feb 23, 2010

An open-world action-adventure game following an eccentric FBI agent as he investigates a series of bizarre murders in the small rural town of Greenvale.

Show your support for a PAL version of Deadly Premonition!!

• 51 results
    jos4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jos4

Hi guys!

Since there has been a lot of rumors about Rising Star Games publishing Deadly Premonition in the EU, but there hasn't been an official confirmation yet, I've though we could show our support for a PAL release by posting here:
    http://www.risingstargames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=62&start=260     
    That's the section where users suggest which games they want to see published in Europe.

Let's all post there and let them know Europeans want FK in our coffee too!!     
    An Endurance Run is great, but as a European gamer I also wanna experience the game myself!!  :D

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

You know what...I totally will aswell!
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By JJOR64

Dude, you don't want this game.  It's not a good game.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By CL60

This game isn't very good. I think Demon's Souls would be a much better game to get published in EU.

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By dbz1995
    @CL60 said:

" This game isn't very good. I think Demon's Souls would be a much better game to get published in EU. "

Demon's Souls STILL isn't in the EU?

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Import the game. It's well worth it.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Yummylee

@dbz1995:
    Indeedly. While Deadly Premonition I do desperately want to play, just maybe not so much that I'm willing to pay around £50-£80 for it though import from Japan... 

With that said, I'll be happy as long as the ps3 version is released in the US.

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Drebin_893

Umm.... I'd really rather not show my support for this disgusting game.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Yummylee
    @Drebin_893 said:
    "Umm.... I'd really rather not show my support for this disgusting game. "

TREASON!
    jos4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jos4
    @JJOR64: Why not? After reading many reviews and user impressions it looks very interesting to me. Also, I'm a huge Twin Peaks fan, what more could I ask for, a Twin Peaks inspired game, yay!!
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By CL60
    @jos4 said:
    " @JJOR64: Why not? After reading many reviews and user impressions it looks very interesting to me. Also, I'm a huge Twin Peaks fan, what more could I ask for, a Twin Peaks inspired game, yay!! "
    Because it's a horrible game. That's all you need to know. 
    jos4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jos4
    @CL60 said:
    " @jos4 said:
    " @JJOR64: Why not? After reading many reviews and user impressions it looks very interesting to me. Also, I'm a huge Twin Peaks fan, what more could I ask for, a Twin Peaks inspired game, yay!! "
    Because it's a horrible game. That's all you need to know.  "
    Ok, I'll obey you.  
    Just show your support for a PAL release in RSG webpage and I promise you I won't play the game when it gets an official European release! You've got my word on that! ;-)
    havelava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By havelava
    @CL60: Have you played it?
    the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By the8bitNacho
    @JJOR64 said:
    " Dude, you don't want this game.  It's not a good game. "
    DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DystopiaX
    @jos4 said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " @jos4 said:
    Ok, I'll obey you.  Just show your support for a PAL release in RSG webpage and I promise you I won't play the game when it gets an official European release! You've got my word on that! ;-) "
    honestly, the only reason anyone here wants to play the game is because of the Endurance Run, and the only reason they're doing the endurance run is because the game is so bad they wanna see if they can finish it. 
    That should tell you how terrible the game is, if they can't be PAID to finish the game.
    havelava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By havelava
    @DystopiaX: Have you played the game?
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Yummylee
    @DystopiaX said:
    " @jos4 said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " @jos4 said:
    Ok, I'll obey you.  Just show your support for a PAL release in RSG webpage and I promise you I won't play the game when it gets an official European release! You've got my word on that! ;-) "
    honestly, the only reason anyone here wants to play the game is because of the Endurance Run, and the only reason they're doing the endurance run is because the game is so bad they wanna see if they can finish it. That should tell you how terrible the game is, if they can't be PAID to finish the game. "

I've wanted to play DP looong before the rumors of it getting an Endurance Run were brought up..
    DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DystopiaX
    @Abyssfull said:
    " @DystopiaX said:
    " @jos4 said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " @jos4 said:
    honestly, the only reason anyone here wants to play the game is because of the Endurance Run, and the only reason they're doing the endurance run is because the game is so bad they wanna see if they can finish it. That should tell you how terrible the game is, if they can't be PAID to finish the game. "
    I've wanted to play DP looong before the rumors of it getting an Endurance Run were brought up.. "
    maybe it's just me then? but as the guys have said, either people love it or hate it. I just happened to hate it.
    YellowKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By YellowKing

You can get your PAL version of Deadly Premonition when I can get an NTSC version of Siren 2 .

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By CL60
    @havelava said:
    " @DystopiaX: Have you played the game? "
    You don't have to play it to realize it's a bad game. That's like saying you have to play Big Riggs before saying it's a bad game.
    nanikore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By nanikore
    @CL60 said:
    " @havelava said:
    You don't have to play it to realize it's a bad game. That's like saying you have to play Big Riggs before saying it's a bad game. "
    The story and characters are engaging. It's not Halo, Modern Warfare or Mass Effect, but that does not mean it's bad. It already has a cult following.
    Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#21  Edited By Forcen
    jos4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jos4
    @YellowKing said:
    " You can get your PAL version of Deadly Premonition when I can get an NTSC version of Siren 2 . "
    Tell me where can I show my support for it and I'll do it, Siren is a great game! 
    Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#23  Edited By KowalskiManDown

Online petitions never work.

havelava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By havelava

Sure, why not, can't hurt

Jost1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 17

#25  Edited By Jost1

I certainly want to play it after watching the first endurance run episodes, it looks fucking hilarious

crescendo170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By crescendo170
    I'd be down for an European release no doubt. Few games have piqued my interest such as this.

@DystopiaX said:

" @jos4 said:

" @CL60 said:
    " @jos4 said:
    I'm not sure were you've gotten this notion from, but there was alot of people loving this game way before the idea of an ER was even concieved. The only reason they are doing the endurance run in the first place is due to popular demand.
    Meltac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Meltac

Yeah, I want it over here.. Seems like a great game, even though the ER makes it look like a bad game.

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#28  Edited By Jadeskye

lol this game is awful. i do not want to see it in my region. i will thoroughly enjoy the ER and leave it there.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Yummylee
    @jadeskye said:
    "lol this game is awful. i do not want to see it in my region. i will thoroughly enjoy the ER and leave it there. "

You think it's that bad, that you would rather not have it available at all in europe? Why would you care? Just don't buy it.
    crescendo170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By crescendo170

@jadeskye said:

" lol this game is awful. i do not want to see it in my region. i will thoroughly enjoy the ER and leave it there. "

Why should we suffer for your  terrible taste? Please support your fellow Europeans!
    Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#32  Edited By Griddler

Dude yes! It'll be like £12 too! XD

Depth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Depth
    @jadeskye said:
    " lol this game is awful. i do not want to see it in my region. i will thoroughly enjoy the ER and leave it there. "
    Why do you think its awful?  

I guess this is the age of bland modern shooters, unique games like DP are judged by their visuals...
    Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Jadeskye
    @Depth said:
    " @jadeskye said:
    Why do you think its awful?   I guess this is the age of bland modern shooters, unique games like DP are judged by their visuals... "
    I don't care about visuals that much, it's just clunky, poorly written, the voice acting is on par with the original resident evil, the controls are BAD (very japanese, never could adapt that well). I like the insane style they went for and they achieved some interesting stuff with it (which i'm looking forward to commentary with from the GB team). Overall, not an important game, not a good game. 

But i'm sure it'll get a sales boost thanks to giantbomb, even i bought persona 4 after watching the ER =)
    Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#35  Edited By Griddler

I tried but they're not sending the confirmation email.

YellowKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By YellowKing
    @jadeskye said:
    " @Depth said:
    " @jadeskye said:
    Why do you think its awful?   I guess this is the age of bland modern shooters, unique games like DP are judged by their visuals... "
    I don't care about visuals that much, it's just clunky, poorly written, the voice acting is on par with the original resident evil, the controls are BAD (very japanese, never could adapt that well). I like the insane style they went for and they achieved some interesting stuff with it (which i'm looking forward to commentary with from the GB team). Overall, not an important game, not a good game.  But i'm sure it'll get a sales boost thanks to giantbomb, even i bought persona 4 after watching the ER =) "
    Bleachaboo here couldn't get a handle on Japanese controls that he's never fucking used.  That confuses me on multiple levels.  And apparently, hating clunky, poorly written games wasn't enough of an impediment to prevent him from beating FFXIII.
    Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Jadeskye
    @YellowKing said: 
    Bleachaboo here couldn't get a handle on Japanese controls that he's never fucking used.  That confuses me on multiple levels.  And apparently, hating clunky, poorly written games wasn't enough of an impediment to prevent him from beating FFXIII. "

No Caption Provided
    LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#38  Edited By LordAndrew
    @CL60 said:
    " @havelava said:
    You don't have to play it to realize it's a bad game. That's like saying you have to play Big Riggs before saying it's a bad game. "
    I'll have you know Bigs Rigs is a great game now. There was a patch released six years ago that "fixed" the game. GameSpot has updated their review accordingly.

People don't like Deadly Premonition because it's a great game. People can still like bad games. Just ask the BROTRRers.
    DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By DystopiaX
    @crescendo170 said:
    " I'd be down for an European release no doubt. Few games have piqued my interest such as this.

@DystopiaX said:

" @jos4 said:

" @CL60 said:
    " @jos4 said:
    I'm not sure were you've gotten this notion from, but there was alot of people loving this game way before the idea of an ER was even concieved. The only reason they are doing the endurance run in the first place is due to popular demand. "
    My point is that it's a niche game- Deadly Premonition was not this popular before the ER, and gained a lot of fans on this forum because people were desperate for an ER-any ER. The "lot" of people that you claim like this game on this forum are a small percentage of actual gamers (there are only 470 people who have played Deadly Premonition on this site, by the achievement unlocks page). This is FAR less than any of the popular games on this site- the praise you were hearing from before the ER came from a very small percentage of gamers, and the "popular demand" was bolstered by people who don't give a shit what the editors play, as long as there's an Endurance Run.
    YellowKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By YellowKing
    @DystopiaX:  Seems to be a few converts though.  One of the impediments to this game's popularity was its complete lack of hype or even advertising.  I only heard of this after reading Jim Sterling's review on Destructoid, and subsequent reviews on other sites let me know that this was something special.  Keep in mind that I'm a hardcore survival horror fan constantly searching for the crumbs of a lost genre, and I hadn't even heard of this game until a few weeks ago.

It is true that it's a niche game, but even within the population of people who would enjoy it, it's still a niche game.  A double-niched game you might say.  What I think I'm seeing is it becoming more and more of a single-niched game, and that gives me hope for more creative games in the future (or maybe even a sequel with an actual budget).
    damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#41  Edited By damswedon

i would much rather have Deadly Premonition than Demon Souls.

tmthomsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By tmthomsen

Incredibly bad games are awesome in their own way.

EvilDingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By EvilDingo

I live in EU and couldn't care less honestly. 
    I'm perfectly fine with just watching the GB-crew playing it. 
    In fact I believe it is probably more entertaining that way.

BlackHeronBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#44  Edited By BlackHeronBlue

god please don't let them bring this disease to europe...

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#45  Edited By flaminghobo

I'd love to see it in the UK at least. I'd pay £15-£20 to play through it, despite its quirks.

Zlimness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#46  Edited By Zlimness

If this comes to Europe, I'm buying it day one.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By DystopiaX
    @YellowKing: I don't know how you could pull "something special" from reviews claiming it was complete garbage, but w/e. My previous point was simply that the claim that Deadly Premonition is not commonly viewed as a good game- it will only seem amazing to fans of survival horror like yourself who can put up with the crap.
    YellowKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By YellowKing
    @DystopiaX:  I didn't pull my opinions from the reviews that hated the game, but the ones that loved it.  I took a gamble that I was one of the people who could like it and it paid out big time.   The weird part was that it turned out to be more like Shenmue or Zelda than Resident Evil for me, so it's not really a survival horror game in my eyes anymore.

You're absolutely right that this isn't a good game in the conventional sense, but I've gotten bored with conventional games, even the good ones.  For all its rough edges, this was a breath of fresh air for me if for no other reason than that it was completely different than anything I've ever played.  

You can describe Dead Space using Resident Evil 4 or Gears of War using Kill Switch, but there's no one game that you can use to describe Deadly Premonition.  And frankly, unless this gets a sequel, I doubt I'll see another game like this for a long time.
    DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By DystopiaX
    @YellowKing: To me this is one of those games that i love watching for its craziness (and the editors' reactions to the craziness), but would never want to play myself. I can tell just by watching that i'd get frustrated with the controls and give up immediately.
    jos4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By jos4

Thanks to all of you show showed your support, I really hope we get a EU release! And those of you who haven't posted in RSG forums... what are you waiting for!?

BTW, take a look at this sales chart:

No Caption Provided

NMH2 sold 80K in 10 weeks while DP sold 40K in 7 weeks.

No More Heroes 2 for the Wii will actually be broguth to Europe by Rising Star Games. If we compare the sales of both games, I think that Deadly Premonition isn't doing bad at all.
     You know, No More Heroes is already an established saga and its creator is relatively well known. Deadly Premonition is such an unknown game which didn't have any kind of advertising at all, nor it is a hyped title. And also, it looks ugly as hell. 
    Even though it managed to sell pretty well, not far below No More Heroes!

I really think Rising Star Games should consider bringing DP to Europe, sales wouldn't be catastrophic, and they'd probably manage to create a cult following over seas!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.