Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deadpool

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Jun 25, 2013

Break the fourth wall in this 3rd person action game, the first headlined by "The Merc With A Mouth" Deadpool.

New Deadpool game by Activision

• 123 results
    SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#101  Edited By SlightConfuse

Also joe,kellysmrum is an classic

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#102  Edited By Hailinel

@Napalm said:

@Hailinel said:

So this is going to be a ludicrously violent third-person action game of some sort where all the humor is focused on breaking the fourth wall, right?

That sounds pretty okay with me. Does it not for you?

It's the obvious and perfect fit, of course. But Deadpool isn't going to be the first game to do this sort of thing by any stretch, and how sharp he is really depends on who's writing.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#103  Edited By napalm

@Hailinel said:

@Napalm said:

@Hailinel said:

So this is going to be a ludicrously violent third-person action game of some sort where all the humor is focused on breaking the fourth wall, right?

It's the obvious and perfect fit, of course. But Deadpool isn't going to be the first game to do this sort of thing by any stretch, and how sharp he is really depends on who's writing.

I'm struggling to think of any games right now that break the fourth wall, actually.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#104  Edited By Hailinel

@Napalm said:

@Hailinel said:

@Napalm said:

@Hailinel said:

I'm struggling to think of any games right now that break the fourth wall, actually.

To name a few, there's No More Heroes, the entire Metal Gear Solid series, and man, Kid Icarus: Uprising is fucking masterful at it,

medacris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#105  Edited By medacris

@Frustration: It is indeed the same actor again- Nolan North.

I like Nolan North, I like breaking the fourth wall, and I like over-the top action. I just hope that doesn't make the game into a No More Heroes or Devil May Cry clone.

valiantgrizzly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#106  Edited By valiantgrizzly

@Bulby33 said:

It almost seems like Nathan Drake is underneath the mask or something.

Oh man. You just made the game sound a hundred times more awesome. North playing Drake cosplaying Deadpool in a video game.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#107  Edited By JasonR86

Oh boy. So that's what Deadpool is like huh? Man. That will get old almost immediately.

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By SamStrife

@JoeyRavn said:

Uh, that trailer has a... how to put it... Duke Nukem Forever vibe. Not sure how to react to it.

I thought the exact same thing. I'm also not sure to react to it but I'll be one of the suckers to buy this day one.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#109  Edited By BeachThunder

I don't know anything about Deadpool; but, wow, that trailer was obnoxiously stupid.

DJJoeJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#110  Edited By DJJoeJoe

@Jack268 said:

Huh, High Moon Studios is the same one that's working on Hit-Monkey. Would never have thought they had multiple dev teams considering they aren't a very famous studio.

From the looks of it they are just one studio, don't have to be famous to make more than 1 game. They have been smart so far, making games on licenses mostly.

@BeachThunder said:

I don't know anything about Deadpool; but, wow, that trailer was obnoxiously stupid.

Dresses up in a suit, is self away, and has wolverines regenerative abilities. Wears the suit because the radiation that gave him the powers made him ugly. Likes the use 2 swords and shoot guns.

Avatar image for deactivated-64ba3d2213a4d
    deactivated-64ba3d2213a4d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@DJJoeJoe said:

@BeachThunder said:

Dresses up in a suit, is self away, and has wolverines regenerative abilities. Wears the suit because the radiation that gave him the powers made him ugly. Likes the use 2 swords and shoot guns.

Radiation didn't give Deadpool his powers. He had cancer, then he volunteered to Weapon X who tried to give him regenerative abilities to cure it (and make him a crazy powerful weapon) he went insane, the cancer and regeneration are in constant flux, so he has ugly tumor skin.

I hope the humour isn't ALL fourth wall breaking though. The overuse of fourth wall is part of how Daniel Way has managed to make the more recent Deadpool comics terribad.

jerseyscum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By jerseyscum

@JoeyRavn said:

Uh, that trailer has a... how to put it... Duke Nukem Forever vibe. Not sure how to react to it.

Let's not say things we can't take back.

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
    Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#113  Edited By Redhotchilimist

Only read a few of the Cable & Deadpool books, not to fond of that character. Very annoying kind of guy, though I suppose he might be fun wih good writing. Hoping for a Bayonetta/DMC kind of thing that won't repeat the inevitable jokes during the fights too much.

rolanthas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By rolanthas

This was like one of my distant-hope games. While DP can lend itself very well to an action game, and is a personal favourite of mine, he's nowhere near popular enough to warrant such a production.

I'm excited. Now if we can only get some news about the +18 Deadpool movie.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By BradBrains

The trailer went a bit overboard with the humour but im still pretty interested to see how it turns out. as long as its funny and is fun im good. I dont need a perfect game just fun.

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#116  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

Seems really decent, where i'm kinda worried about is the writing. If they're able to pull off Deadpool's style of humor.

joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By joeybagad0nutz

I miss the old Deadpool who just talked a lot and now this current Deadpool has two separate voices in his head. It's funny sometimes but not as funny as when it was just Deadpool.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#118  Edited By _Zombie_

Daniel Way's writing it. Lost most of my hope in this game.

a_e_martin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By a_e_martin

Anyone else worried about this? We're only a few weeks away from release and there's hardly any actual gameplay footage around. Based on the developer's background and what little footage there is, this seemed rather promising, but now I'm starting to wonder if I should cancel my pre-order.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Anyone else worried about this? We're only a few weeks away from release and there's hardly any actual gameplay footage around. Based on the developer's background and what little footage there is, this seemed rather promising, but now I'm starting to wonder if I should cancel my pre-order.

What I've heard from people actually playing it at E3 it's not a terrible game and they seem to have had a lot of fun with it (the one hour or so they spent with it, of course)

a_e_martin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@a_e_martin said:

What I've heard from people actually playing it at E3 it's not a terrible game and they seem to have had a lot of fun with it (the one hour or so they spent with it, of course)

Well that's good news. I wish they'd put out something for the rest of us to see as well, though!

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@zeforgotten said:

@a_e_martin said:

Well that's good news. I wish they'd put out something for the rest of us to see as well, though!

Oh for sure, that would be great, but I can gamble my money on something I haven't played myself or seen any off now and again.
    Just means less money to spend on crazy Kickstarters :P

Budwyzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, I'm scared for this game as well.

Deadpool is a 2-sided kind of character ( and I'm not referring to the voices in his head now). What I mean is that in short bursts he's a nonstop-crazy-ass-off-the-wall character, that occasionally breaks the fourth wall such as when another character asks how long it's been since they've seen each other and he refers back to the last comic in which they crossed paths.

But on the other side of Deadpool is a very depressed individual whose life was ruined by the same experiment that saved it in the first place. The fact that he almost never takes his mask off, for situations like eating or even taking a shower seems humorous at the start when another character comes across him being weird, but then you realize that he just hates his own hideous face.

He didn't ask to be insane or ugly, weapon-x made him that way and he is just making the best of a really bad situation.

And so taking the only fun part about his character, which is only half of him and putting that into gameplay will probably get really old really fast.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.