Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Demon's Souls

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 06, 2009

Demon's Souls is an action-RPG developed by From Software and released in 2009. It quickly became popular within hardcore circles for its relentlessly steep difficulty level, deep combat system, and unique multiplayer integration.

Character tendancy...I think I screwed myself. (Spoilers I guess?)

Seauton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey everyone! I will preface this post with a few pieces of info. I absolutely love the Souls Series. I got into these games with Dark Souls, which might be one of my favorite games of all time. Dark Souls 2 was fine, and Bloodborne was really great. A while back I bought Demon's Souls for rather cheap and just decided to pick it up and play it this past weekend. With a little bit of Souls experience, and a friend who has played and beaten Demon's I decided to play a little loose with my character and go after a certain weapon very early.

I am currently Soul Level 30 and have acquired the Demonbrandt...and its super weak. Through extensive wiki research (about 5 seconds worth) I realized that I have lowered my Character Tendency to around blackish due to...unfortunate actions to get Mausoleum key early, and this has made me less reputable in the eyes of Demon's Souls.

Now I know it is possible to raise my tendency by killing invading black phantoms or specific named phantoms, but I don't really have the skill/wherewithal/items to really affect the World Tendency as I understand it and kill the NPC black phantoms, and I don't have the PVP skill/time to dig in a fend off a bunch of invading Phantoms, so I've turned to you fellow Bombadeers to see if anyone could provide any assistance of any kind. Suggestions on where to go to get the most invasions and try to win a few fights (by luck) or any other suggestions. As always thanks for your help and sorry for any grammatical errors or anything of that sort.

two_socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As far as I remember, and its been quite a while since I was playing Demon's Souls PvP, I ran into the most PvP fights in 4-1. Pretty much right as soon as you enter the world. There were some in 4-2 and later on in 1-3 as well just before you fight the Penetrator. Remember, to get invaded, you'll need to be in Body Form so hopefully you've got some Ephemeral Eyes in stock. Its always been harder in this game to go from black-to-white Character Tendency, so good luck!

Seauton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@two_socks: Thanks for the advice! I have a few Ephemeral Eyes, but not many, which is why I don't really want to try to mess with world tendency and waste items I may deem necessary later on. Maybe I'll just stick with a blacker play through.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My first PvP fight was Old Monk. Initially cool to play until I realised the winner is who has the most grass. I have no grass. I did not win. As for tendency, it seems like revisiting stuff post-boss victory opens up most of the worthwhile business. Super Best Friends are streaming DeS currently and they're constantly going on about not screwing up tendency for the Dragon Bone Smasher. You couldn't screw that up if you tried, given where the game gives it to you.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.