Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Demon's Souls

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 06, 2009

Demon's Souls is an action-RPG developed by From Software and released in 2009. It quickly became popular within hardcore circles for its relentlessly steep difficulty level, deep combat system, and unique multiplayer integration.

Let us talk of a Demon's Souls.

jaymorgoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By jaymorgoth

So all the hubbub about the Souls games and Amazon having a buy 2 get 1 free sale has cause me to purchase Demon's Souls. I thought it might be fun to blog my journey through this game as I am going to go in with no hints or guides, just pure exploration and see what the heck this game is all about. I am going to just dedicate every Sunday to making my way through this game and just writing that experience down here.

Today began my journey into Boletaria where King Allant the twelth has awakened The Old One. Now the grey fog shrouds his kingdom and the demons come to harvest our souls, driving men mad in the process as they harvest them one by one. Into this land ventures Shara, a wanderer come to free this land from it's curse and send The Old One back into it's slumber so that humanity may not fall into extinction. She enters this land and encounters the maddened men who's souls have been stolen. Fighting her way through these wretched victims she comes face to face the a true demon and faces the first of many deaths. Defeated in a mighty blow her soul is drawn into the Nexus where it is awakened by The Maiden in Black. From here she shall scour the land of Boletaria to not only to regain her life but to free Boletaria from The Old One.

Just a little flavor text there, once in the nexus I headed to the first world from the hub that is the Nexus. While there are messages to help you get along there is a lot of the game that is no explained. I definitely had to start learning from trial and error, died 3 times today and each time had to go right back to the beginning of the level and fight my way back through the respawned enemies. The game definitely teaches you to be prepared at all times, I haven't experienced losing all my souls yet as I have managed to get back to my bloodstain every time but I am early in the game. I will say I made it far enough to see some dragons and decided I want to sleep on it before diving into that madness. Tomorrow I fight a dragon, wish me luck!

jaymorgoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By jaymorgoth

So all the hubbub about the Souls games and Amazon having a buy 2 get 1 free sale has cause me to purchase Demon's Souls. I thought it might be fun to blog my journey through this game as I am going to go in with no hints or guides, just pure exploration and see what the heck this game is all about. I am going to just dedicate every Sunday to making my way through this game and just writing that experience down here.

Today began my journey into Boletaria where King Allant the twelth has awakened The Old One. Now the grey fog shrouds his kingdom and the demons come to harvest our souls, driving men mad in the process as they harvest them one by one. Into this land ventures Shara, a wanderer come to free this land from it's curse and send The Old One back into it's slumber so that humanity may not fall into extinction. She enters this land and encounters the maddened men who's souls have been stolen. Fighting her way through these wretched victims she comes face to face the a true demon and faces the first of many deaths. Defeated in a mighty blow her soul is drawn into the Nexus where it is awakened by The Maiden in Black. From here she shall scour the land of Boletaria to not only to regain her life but to free Boletaria from The Old One.

Just a little flavor text there, once in the nexus I headed to the first world from the hub that is the Nexus. While there are messages to help you get along there is a lot of the game that is no explained. I definitely had to start learning from trial and error, died 3 times today and each time had to go right back to the beginning of the level and fight my way back through the respawned enemies. The game definitely teaches you to be prepared at all times, I haven't experienced losing all my souls yet as I have managed to get back to my bloodstain every time but I am early in the game. I will say I made it far enough to see some dragons and decided I want to sleep on it before diving into that madness. Tomorrow I fight a dragon, wish me luck!

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

I have the plat.

I will also use every chance to flaunt that. Also the game really isn't that hard after play Dark Souls. Have fun with flame lurker.

jaymorgoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jaymorgoth

@xaLieNxGrEyx: I don't blame ya for wanting to flaunt that, definitely an achievement from what I hear. And I have never played Dark souls, I wanted to start with Demon's Souls so I can appreciate how much they fixed in Dark Souls.

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By Catolf
    @xaLieNxGrEyx said:

I have the plat.

I will also use every chance to flaunt that. Also the game really isn't that hard after play Dark Souls. Have fun with flame lurker.

I have it too. 

Also.. I bolded that for truth... I died so many times from that bastard it isn't funny.
    jaymorgoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jaymorgoth

@Catolf: Idk if I'll go for the platinum but I definitely will try to beat the game. I am prepared for a grueling quest of hardcore RPG action.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By mordukai

I know there was a weird chick in the Nexus always asking me to "Touch the demon inside her with my Sticky White Stuff"...She's really needy.

jaymorgoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jaymorgoth

@mordukai said:

I know there was a weird chick in the Nexus always asking me to "Touch the demon inside her with my Sticky White Stuff"...She's really needy.

Yeah i met her, she is rather needy. And oddly passively sexual.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.