Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Demon's Souls

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 06, 2009

Demon's Souls is an action-RPG developed by From Software and released in 2009. It quickly became popular within hardcore circles for its relentlessly steep difficulty level, deep combat system, and unique multiplayer integration.

Most souls lost

skunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By skunk

So, I finally fully died last night and lost 11000 souls on the first level of the storm archstone. Got to the boss, ate it because my blue phantoms disconnected, then died on the way back. I'm not nearly as angry as I thought I would be for losing them though. I was more pissed that the 2 phantoms that were with me "left" though, not sure what happened. I almost beat the boss on my own and would've beat it for sure with those 2 guys. I probly could've gotten my souls back too but I got careless on the way over.

Anyways, what's the most souls you've lost and how did you end up losing them?

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By JoelTGM

wow, how long does it take to get that many souls?

skunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By skunk
    @DOUBLESHOCK said:
    " wow, how long does it take to get that many souls? "
    Maybe 30-60 mins? Not entirely sure. At my current level, I can rack up souls pretty quick so it doesn't really bother me.
    the_stig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By the_stig

I lost 6,000 souls once.  It wasn't that bad because I was in the beginning of the game, world 1-2.

richtm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By richtm

4-1 and 4-2 give so many souls that eventually 10k or less amounts don't even faze you any more.  After you kill storm king I think you might even be able to farm the 4-3 mantas over and over again for 15-20k, but I only respawned them once and that was before I touched the final archstone to collect the boss soul.

PenguinNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PenguinNerd

I lost something like... 25k earlier today.  Didn't bother me at all.  Though I've heard of people losing like.... 100k+ souls....now that might bother me xD

teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By teh_pwnzorer
    @skunk said:

" So, I finally fully died last night and lost 11000 souls on the first level of the storm archstone. Got to the boss, ate it because my blue phantoms disconnected, then died on the way back. I'm not nearly as angry as I thought I would be for losing them though. I was more pissed that the 2 phantoms that were with me "left" though, not sure what happened. I almost beat the boss on my own and would've beat it for sure with those 2 guys. I probly could've gotten my souls back too but I got careless on the way over.  Anyways, what's the most souls you've lost and how did you end up losing them? "

Maybe, I'm not playing enough, but I haven't fully lost any souls on my main profile--and had only a few deaths (exploding barrels here and a fall there).  I have another profile which I used to goof around on *-1 levels and I sometimes didn't even bother going back for souls. 

Here's a true *loss* I experienced, though:  On my first profile, I consumed the first boss's soul and then I read in the guide that it's useful later on...I chose to re-do 1-1.

BTW, get the blessed mace in 5-1 and upgrade it, at least one level.  It makes 4-1 easier.   Funny thing: The kilij found in 4-1 makes 5-1 easier. You want to slash the wound of the boss in 4-1 and then its head when he's down: I used an upgraded kilij for that.
    squirtle_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By squirtle_squad

ive lost 56k, 57k , and 36k souls. my greed deserves such punishment... now i have 71k souls in old hero's place i hope to kill him and get them back. 

EDIT: scratch the 71k its now 150k lol 
    i really need those back 
    EDIT#2: i lost the 150k
    MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MeierTheRed
    @nerdboy said:
    " I lost something like... 25k earlier today.  Didn't bother me at all.  Though I've heard of people losing like.... 100k+ souls....now that might bother me xD "
    I'm one of those, lost them on my second play through some time back. Annoying, but thats how the game works.
    HaniBall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By HaniBall

I'm still on my first play through and have been pretty good about getting my souls back, b/c 9 times out of 10 I die because I'm impatient. 
    The one time I did lose close to 10k souls was because I ran into 1-3 unprepared, after beating the Dragon God (and having a very competent blue help me with flamey) but never even looking at worlds 3/4/5. So, as always, I got what I deserved!!

Rio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Rio

Yeah at one time I lost about 230k.  That can happen when you grind a black phantom dual katana skele and start to get tired and fuck up twice in a row........... it was unfortunate but it wasnt even worth one level so I wasnt too angry.  Every run gave 80k souls so it sounds worst than it was.  I almost lost 1 million one time but grabbed my bloodstain right before I died the second time. 

Slippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Slippy

About 8000 after the first boss. Not a huge amount but for a lowly noob i've heard it's like losing a good 100,000 later on. Pissed me off a lot when I lost them - I rolled off the highest level of the Nexus for lolz, and when I returned to where I died I could not find my bloodstain. So, yeah, I lost them out of my own stupidity :(
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#13  Edited By Yummylee

Around 50K after managing to save up through going through the stage before the False King...then dieing in seconds against the muthafuck....then dieing on my way to reclaim them after gettin impatient against the dragon lol.
    richtm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By richtm

What a night... I lost 100k TWICE trying to get through 2-2 on NG+ 

The second time it happened was great.  Death number one was at Flamelurker.  He was hard for me on my first game...  wasn't too surprised to die to him on NG+

On the run back, I think about taking the shortcut but decide against it since I had never made it without falling to my death.  Instead I run straight around the corner to get one shotted by the fatty at the very beginning.

My girlfriend sees this and knows enough about what just happened to think I'm going to get really angry.  I just kind of laughed it off.  All I could think was "hell, at least now I can try out that shortcut".   I think this game is actually mellowing me out.

HaniBall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By HaniBall
    @richtm: lol I think it may be having a similar effect on me. But it hasn't spilled over from story mode on pvp yet. Last night I first got raped by a black phantom b/c I had mapped spice instead of grass to square, and then -after we swapped bodies, lol- the same guy summons me as a blue and first I stand in his way, then I try to bail him out with a red eye and get killed before I can so much as think about rolling away. Girlfriend's in bed by then and today she just remembers me cursing away freely about the prospect of getting a low grade for that mission :D.
    yyZiggurat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By yyZiggurat
    @richtm said:
    " On the run back, I think about taking the shortcut but decide against it since I had never made it without falling to my death.  "
    I want to make a video showing how to get down that hole without dying (and without taking fall damage if you have the Cat's Ring); I did it countless times offline, I think there are tips if you play online.  I would call it "Demon's Souls:  Spelunking 101"
    Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
    SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

I lost 20000 in 1-3, got killed by a red eye knight then was careless on the way back and an assassin took me out super quick. That's a level and a half worth of souls for me so I was kinda pissed. But there's a spot in 4-2 where you can get 4000+ easily in a couple minutes so it's not hard to replace them.

skunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By skunk
    @richtm: damn man, 100K twice? :(   I'm at a point where I can get 10-15K no prob now but any souls lost still sucks.

@squirtle_squad said:
    " ive lost 56k, 57k , and 36k souls. my greed deserves such punishment... now i have 71k souls in old hero's place i hope to kill him and get them back.  EDIT: scratch the 71k its now 150k lol i really need those back EDIT#2: i lost the 150k "

lol I did that a couple times. You die, double your souls on the way back, then die again.
    Andheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#19  Edited By Andheez

I lost 78k on the false king, not to mention when I fought him later, I managed to lose 8 freakin levels because of his soul grab, because the 2nd time I lost my low equip bonus and couldnt move and roll away, somehow I actually ended up beating him on that run after dieing like 7 times previously, go figure.

Crono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By Crono

I have lost 0 souls.

jk, the most I have lost so far is around 20k, it annoyed me something awful but didn't phase me.

richtm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By richtm

On NG+ you get around 40-50k in about 2-3 minutes farming the 4-3 mantas with a decent bow and the ring of avarice.  You can apparently get 60k just by soul sucking the dual katana black phantom in 4-2 on pure black tendency.  No matter how ridiculous the number of souls you may lose, the actual impact on your game is all in the mind.  Try not to sweat it too much,  it is going to eventually happen.  

HaniBall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By HaniBall
    @Slippy said:
    " About 8000 after the first boss. Not a huge amount but for a lowly noob i've heard it's like losing a good 100,000 later on. Pissed me off a lot when I lost them - I rolled off the highest level of the Nexus for lolz, and when I returned to where I died I could not find my bloodstain. So, yeah, I lost them out of my own stupidity :( "
    your kidding, right. Your bloodstain is always a few sec b4 u die. So it's up by the stairs, where you jumped down.
    subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23  Edited By subject2change

Probably about 60-70k when trying to kill the boss of 1-4.

Slippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Slippy
    @joest01 said:
    " @Slippy said:
    " About 8000 after the first boss. Not a huge amount but for a lowly noob i've heard it's like losing a good 100,000 later on. Pissed me off a lot when I lost them - I rolled off the highest level of the Nexus for lolz, and when I returned to where I died I could not find my bloodstain. So, yeah, I lost them out of my own stupidity :( "
    your kidding, right. Your bloodstain is always a few sec b4 u die. So it's up by the stairs, where you jumped down. "

Thanks, now I feel like even more of an idiot.. :( 

I always thought it was at the exact spot where you died. I didn't think to check up there. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck, 8000 souls, just thinking about what I could have gotten with that amount at this point upsets me.
    HaniBall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By HaniBall

I have officially joined the 100k club. I just wanted to run through to unlock a few levels before the WT goes black so I can farm there, got killed on my way back down to the starting section in 1-1, said "screw the souls I'm not going back up" and went straight to the boss battle. 4-1 after that (with an excellent blue btw!) but got impatient and got dead by a gold skellie.

Adjudicator has killed me twice since.

Running through levels on NG aint gonna happen. Not at soul level 76.

Rio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Rio
    @richtm: Last time I farmed blackphantom dual katana it was about 85k per run with avarice ring and Thirst buff.  Plus you can kill a reaper on the way for a total of about 100k a run. still takes to long to level up doing that so I havent played in a while.
    PowerBombYo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By PowerBombYo

Yeah, I lost over 100k as well. Kept going down to fight Old Hero and picking up souls along the way. Finally had over 100k down there and got killed by a black phantom invader as I was working my way through the level.

Deathshroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Deathshroud

I have lost about 18k after figuring out how to kill a certain mob in 1-2.  Then made the mistake of going to try the boss on that level after gathering all those souls....... obviously  i did not kill him both tries lmao. this was early in my Demon's Souls experience.
    MrOldboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By MrOldboy

I just lost 4000+. Considering it is very early on I got angry and immediately shut my ps3 off. 

Anyone know of a good strategy to get some souls early on. I tried just running up and killing the phalanx things for a while considering they are really easy to kill from behind.

Avatar image for deactivated-61f341f558336
    deactivated-61f341f558336

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I suck at this game. I pull a hard reset as soon as I die to bypass the autosave. The suckiest part is waiting through all the unskippable credits and stuff before I can load a new game each time.
     Ragequitting takes a lot of time and patience.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By End_Boss

I've never lost a huge number of souls to death, even though I've certainly had my fair share of deaths. The trick is to spend 'em when you've got 'em. There's no point to saving them unless you're amassing them for a particular item in the store; even then, as soon as you have enough souls, you should drop whatever you're doing, teleport back to the Nexus or wherever it is that happens to have the item you want, and spend spend spend.

Like they say: you can't take it with you when you die.

EDIT: this thread made me start playing this game again, and I keep dying whilst trying to kill a red-eyed spearman. Fucking RAGE.

Rompe_Chocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Rompe_Chocha

just today i was farming souls with red nights over in 1-4 and i got a little careless and died, so as i was gonna go get em back, fucking cheap ass rednight got me from the back and i lost...u ready??...120k souls.....now u tell me just how pissed u think i was lol....i was just about to got back and lvl up..and seeing as im lvl 104 its not cheap to lvl up, costs me like almost 70k souls to go up one lvl...not fun man...but whatever, ill just go back and do it over..little tip, leave ur blue signature around, and have ppl summon u, u get souls for everything that dies....even if u werent the one who killed it...have fun with it...

teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By teh_pwnzorer
    @Rompe_Chocha: If you have soul sucker, soul thirst and the avarice ring, 100k souls is a 2 minute run:

juice8367

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By juice8367

35.000. My heart broke....

HaniBall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By HaniBall

lol I now lose 80k on a frequent basis when farming for bladestones.  Don't want to upgrade any more right now and cant be bothered to go back to nexus to buy sticky stuff or new moon after each run :)

PenguinNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By PenguinNerd

Lost 150k last weekend...great stuff.... :|

msdss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By msdss

120k, but I chose to lose it instead of going back into pure black 3-2 and dealing with those stupid bullshit BP face worms.

HaniBall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By HaniBall

Lost 1million souls yesterday.

Out of pure carelessness.

I left my blood stain in the nexus as usual and warped to 1-4 for an invading session. Didn't bother killing the archers, just hung by the right corner and dropped the stone. My wife was whining about the computer and how it sucks and she obviously expected me to help. I get an "invasion" failed, impatiently put the controller down and fix it for her. Meanwhile I hear the controller buzzing. My not so gentle putting down the controller had my guy stick his head out far enough for one of the archers to hit him...

Oh well... Gained 80k back invading a few guys and killing some blues fairly quickly...

msdss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By msdss

Thats not too bad, its only 6 or 7 runs to the BP katana skeleton in 4-2. Maybe more depending on what playthrough you are on.

Dungeonbuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40  Edited By Dungeonbuster

I lost about 80k in one go at the castle in trying to run past the dragon in the area in front of Allant's tower. The bloodstain was towards the end and when I thought I had it, I was annihilated thanks to bad timing.

HaniBall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By HaniBall
    @msdss: 2nd playthrough. I really only do pvp these days. All I need souls for is to replenish levels lost from getting corner banished, fixing weapons and armor, and buying black turp. But still...

But, lol, a BP won't be there consistently for me. I can't be bothered to stay offline long enough to keep any "pure" tendency. So in terms of soul farming; the hidden skellie gives about 25k per run. Storm beasts would be more, but no fun :D
    msdss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By msdss

Not the hidden skeleton, its a black phantom one, thats on the path/cliff just before the 3rd reaver. With the ring of avarice he should give you roughly 58k souls. The 3rd reaver will give you about 14k. So you can just start at old hero archstone, and back track. can get mucho grande souls in no time.

HaniBall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By HaniBall

What I'm saying is I can't bother with black tendency, because I play online too much. Stealing 5 bodies and suiciding 5 times takes a while. And then keeping it black ...

I am actually beginning to like the quitters that way. Who pull the network cord just before they die. That way I get the souls from their smurfs but don't have to waste time suiciding in the Nexus :D

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.