Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Demon's Souls

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 06, 2009

Demon's Souls is an action-RPG developed by From Software and released in 2009. It quickly became popular within hardcore circles for its relentlessly steep difficulty level, deep combat system, and unique multiplayer integration.

New to this game so i have some questions.

Z3RO180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Z3RO180

Ok now i have played dark souls and loved it and now i am at the point in demon souls where i have to fight the tower knight. But i digress so here are my questions.

1.Can i upgrade armor apart from the shield. I have looked on the web and the answer seems to be no but i just want to be sure.

2.Is there any good weapons i can get before the tower knight (my class is a knight). i know i can go to the other levels but i want to get this first section of the game done first befor i jump from levle to level.

3.For big bosses can i summon help like in dark souls? like soliare of astora for the chaos whitch like in dark souls?

4.what is the best weapons and armor in the game.

phrali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By phrali

1. No.

2. you should really go to the other areas first. the game works much better if you go like 1-2, 2-1, 3-1, 4-1, 5-1, 1-3, 2-2, 3-2, 4-2 or something like that than trying to finish world 1 first, which, by the way, you can't do. the final area of world one will be locked until you finish the rest of the areas anyways.

3. you can summon actual people but not AI summons.

4. weapon strength is much more dependant on scaling with stats than dark souls. in dark souls, the elemental weapons just overpower everything else and you never have to worry about your stats. in demon's souls, the most powerful weapon for your character is highly dependant on your character's stats. armor honestly doesn't really matter that much. you will still get killed instantly if you aren't careful no matter what armor you are wearing.

topsteer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By topsteer

1. No

2. If you are not willing to leave the first world yet, your best choice is probably the Bastard Sword if you have the strength for it

3. No there are no NPC allies.

4. Brushwood Armor has the best stats but is incredibly heavy. I normally go with Gloom Armor for the resistances and lighter weight.

topsteer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By topsteer

@phrali said:

the game works much better if you go like 1-2, 2-1, 3-1, 4-1, 5-1, 1-3, 2-2, 3-2, 4-2 or something like that

I always go to 4-1 right after 1-1. There are some great items you can pick up early in the game there, you just have to be careful around the skeletons.

armor honestly doesn't really matter that much. you will still get killed instantly if you aren't careful no matter what armor you are wearing.

This is not true at all. If it were, I would wear Black Leather for its extreme lightness and resistance.

phrali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By phrali

@TopSteer said:

@phrali said:

the game works much better if you go like 1-2, 2-1, 3-1, 4-1, 5-1, 1-3, 2-2, 3-2, 4-2 or something like that

I always go to 4-1 right after 1-1. There are some great items you can pick up early in the game there, you just have to be careful around the skeletons.

armor honestly doesn't really matter that much. you will still get killed instantly if you aren't careful no matter what armor you are wearing.

This is not true at all. If it were, I would wear Black Leather for its extreme lightness and resistance.

i didn't say it doesn't matter at ALL, i said it doesn't matter that much.

basically, if you want some armor to try and tank stuff, you lose mobility.

you can try playing with brushwood armor if you want, but i have never understood how people can play this game stuck with the fat roll. just learn to dodge.

you very rarely HAVE to get hit by something or take damage, there's almost always a way to avoid it. except for world 5.

incidentally, OP, if you thought blighttown was bad, have fun with world 5. blighttown is nothing.

my criteria for armor was always "does this look cool" and not "how many hits can i take" because you can usually avoid getting hit.

Z3RO180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Z3RO180

@phrali: iforgot to ask how do i sell items in demon souls??

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By mordukai

@Z3RO180 said:

You don't.

Timing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#8  Edited By Timing

@Z3RO180 said:

Sell items? What kind of casual game do you think this is? Dark Souls?

But seriously. You can't sell items.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mordukai

I would like to answer your last question. As far as Armor goes then it's really dependent what you are looking for in Armor. If you're going with pure max stat then Brushwood armor is your best one but it's really heavy and you have to have pretty high STR stat in order to have a decent Roll because combat mobility this game is everything. You can circumvent that by wearing a certain ring but then you lose a ring slot.

IMHO, the best armor in the game as far as Protection Vs. Mobility then the Ancient King's Armor is the best one. It's got the highest weight to protection ratio among all the Heavy Sets, and you suffer no stamina regeneration penalty as appose to other armor sets. The only thing about it is that it's for males only. If you're playing a female then I found Binded Cross set to be the best bet.

As far as weapons go then any of the special weapons that you can enchant are also considered "the best" in the game so Blueblood Sword, Dragon Bone Smasher, Meat Cleaver, and Bramd. The catch with those weapons is that the Blueblood Sword needs a specific stat build for it to be effective and the rest need high STR so you'll to able to wield it.

Personally I find Northern Regalia to be the most effective. If you have full Pure Black or Pure WHite Character Tendency this sword will have an attack rating of 540 no matter if you one hand or two hand it and will completely ignore magic protection. The catch with this one is that you must keep you character tendency (NOT WORLD TENDENCY) at pure.

The thing with weapons in Demon's Souls have a lot do to with your ability stats. So you really need to find what works best according to your build.

phrali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By phrali

@mordukai said:

IMHO, the best armor in the game as far as Protection Vs. Mobility then the Ancient King's Armor is the best one. It's got the highest weight to protection ratio among all the Heavy Sets, and you suffer no stamina regeneration penalty as appose to other armor sets. The only thing about it is that it's for males only. If you're playing a female then I found Binded Cross set to be the best bet.

binded set is also the coolest looking armor set in any game ever. EVER

@mordukai said:

As far as weapons go then any of the special weapons that you can enchant are also considered "the best" in the game so Blueblood Sword, Dragon Bone Smasher, Meat Cleaver, and Bramd. The catch with those weapons is that the Blueblood Sword needs a specific stat build for it to be effective and the rest need high STR so you'll to able to wield it.

it's worth mentioning that you shouldn't really worry about any of this unless you want to PvP. if you're just playing PvE you can use whatever you want.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mordukai

@phrali said:

@mordukai said:

binded set is also the coolest looking armor set in any game ever. EVER

@mordukai said:

it's worth mentioning that you shouldn't really worry about any of this unless you want to PvP. if you're just playing PvE you can use whatever you want.

LOL. Yeah. I've been PvP in this game fr so long that's all I can think of. But I usually do Super Hyper mode with BBS and NR for PVE.

Z3RO180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Z3RO180

@mordukai: so i cant sell items so what do i do with all the crap i dount ues

CannonGoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By CannonGoose

I'd just forget about armour for a majority of the game. Just wear what you can that allows for you to roll quickly and you will be fine as long as you don't get hit too often. I got myself through most of the game wearing just Brushwood leggings and I didn't find it to be too tricky.

As for weapons, just try them all out. There are heaps just lying around in certain levels for you to find, so just go nuts with testing. I tried regular sword and shield, spear and shield, halberd and shield before I found a claymore and just stuck with that. Crushing Claymore +5 with the Purple Flame Shield and I was basically set.

Also, you NEEDA BOW! I cannot stress this enough, you simply must get a bow and hundreds of heavy arrows. So many encounters are made much, much easier just by simply having a bow and getting the Thief Ring.

Good luck man, just remember that the game really isn't as hard as everyone says it is - and that goes for Dark Souls too. People who play for 40 hours and only just make it to Blighttown simply aren't playing the game right :P

Z3RO180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Z3RO180

@CannonGoose: lol true about blight town. and thanks for the info i tanked my way through dark souls but i realy need to change my aproch in this game. Also where can i buy heavy arrows??

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.