Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Destiny

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Sep 09, 2014

Shoot your way across the solar system to level up and collect new loot in this multiplayer-focused first-person shooter from Bungie and Activision.

Question about the 2.0 update

bakoomerang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

So the 2.0 update is live and apparently it's pretty damn big - 18 GB on PS4 and Xbox One, and 10 GB on Xbox 360 and PS3. I know they've made some significant changes to the game, but none of it seems like it would warrant such a big download. Does anyone know if it includes assets for the new content ready to be unlocked on the 15th (assuming you purchased it), or is that going to be it's own separate download?

I played the base game for about a month after it came out and enjoyed it, but like a lot of people I eventually got bored because of the lack of content. I didn't get the DLC because it seemed like really bad value (especially since I have zero interest in PvP), but with all the changes they're making for the Taken King I'm tempted to upgrade and jump back in.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I'm fairly certain it does in fact include the new assets since they did this exact thing for the previous DLC. Also here's a list of the changes, most of which might not be that meaningful to you if you haven't played since near launch, but regardless.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Yeah, this patch is preloading all the Taken King content. Most of that 18GB is the new expansion.

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I am pretty sure that most of the dlc is included in the patch. It would be needed for the new UI stuff and all the new Northbot audio. The assets such as guns and ships are also needed so that you can see them when you play with others who do have the dlc.

When it comes to if you should buy the dlc then it is a tough question to answer. From what I played of 2.0 so far the game has been drastically improved from where it was after House of Wolves, which already did a lot to make the game better. Taken King does seem to add a substantial amount of content but the thing is that it looks like it will still end up being the same as 1.X Destiny. You are gonna be grinding and redoing a lot of the content over and over, just it should be more enjoyable with the 2.0 improvements.

I would say that if you enjoy it as an MMO and not necessarily a Borderlands-esque game, and that you can find(or already have) some people to play it with then you should totally give Destiny another try.

BrotherBran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Download the patch and play bit on it, then wait for reviews and impressions, people thought house of wolves was going to be a lot of content as well and that turned out to be pretty disappointing content wise.

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Northbot uncompressed audio / TTK

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/diablo-3-ultimate-evil-edition-download-size-clari/1100-6421626/

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.