Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Aug 23, 2011

Human Revolution is the third game in the Deus Ex series, a prequel where players take control of augmented security officer Adam Jensen, and investigate attacks against Sarif Industries, a leader in augmentation technology.

Game breaking bug?

Avatar image for vincentvendetta
    VincentVendetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By VincentVendetta

So I am now in Shanghai for the second time, and I think I broke the game. First off there's the sidequest where I have to find an agumented super soldier; the game tells me to check the pocket secretary... and it just stops there. I have no idea what the hell I'm supposed to do now. The worst one, though, is when I have to take out the terrorists at the meeting for the chip without killing them... except I can't! When I come near them they are like "Go away dude." When I sneak behind them, the game doesn't give me any options! Why?

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @VincentVendetta said:

So I am now in Shanghai for the second time, and I think I broke the game. First off there's the sidequest where I have to find an agumented super soldier; the game tells me to check the pocket secretary... and it just stops there. I have no idea what the hell I'm supposed to do now.

I love how I'm in HONG KONG in Deus Ex ONE right now and I have no fucking idea what to do either.
    alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#3  Edited By alistercat

The rogue soldier quest is just glitched. If you go to where he is it will complete as normal though. Just find him.

No idea about the other mission.

misterhaan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By misterhaan

if you're hoping for a takedown option to pop up, sometimes it doesn't tell you that you can do a takedown but it will work if you press the button anyway.

for the rogue soldier, have you read the pocked secretary? it tells you where he went (sort of) but for some reason it doesn't give you a secondary objective marker. if you can't find him, he's in the sewer beneath the meeting place where you're trying to recover the chip.

Harkat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Harkat

The one with the super soldier happened to me too, but I was like "fuck it" after ten minutes of searching and trying to make an objective marker pop up.

warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By warxsnake

the super soldier is in the sewer sections near the pod areas. I had to ask my level designer friend over steam who worked on the game when I did my playthrough... fucking pathetic.

He said the quest linking system was implemented and patched as one of the last things in development cycle. You'd think when you're making a quest based RPG to have that as a bigger priority.

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
    tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By tim_the_corsair

Explore the sewers for the super soldier, it'll complete.

Without killing just means to knock dudes out, you don't have to avoid violence.

ChaosDent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By ChaosDent

There aren't so many sewers that you can't methodically check them all in about 10 minutes. If you track down their original hiding place you will discover a clue that indicates they are hiding in a sewer. The lack of a quest indicator was odd, but not unique. There is no quest marker for the "rescue the hostages" objective in the first mission, there's an entire quest line in Detroit that isn't on the map or the quest log until you talk to the undercover vice cop (Prichard mentions her) and another side quest later in the game which has three locations to find that aren't marked. It's possible, but unlikely that all of these are bugs. I don't mind having to search around a bit, I think the normal quest marker behavior gives a little too much away in a few cases.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#9  Edited By AndrewB

@VincentVendetta said:

So I am now in Shanghai for the second time, and I think I broke the game. First off there's the sidequest where I have to find an agumented super soldier; the game tells me to check the pocket secretary... and it just stops there. I have no idea what the hell I'm supposed to do now. The worst one, though, is when I have to take out the terrorists at the meeting for the chip without killing them... except I can't! When I come near them they are like "Go away dude." When I sneak behind them, the game doesn't give me any options! Why?

This happened to me too. It's definitely a bug. What I ended up doing after it happened to me a second time (second playthrough) was look up the location it's supposed to point you to using an FAQ. Really frustrating that I had to miss it on my first go through the game. At least it isn't *the* main quest line...

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By valrog

The takedown option won't appear because it seems the game treats them as civilians. So just use your instinct and take them down as anyone else.

As for the soldier, it unglitches itself once you find him in the sewers. It annoyed me as well so I thought about not completing it but then I randomly bumped into him and completed the quest.

Kandycane2029

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Kandycane2029

Pay more attention when given quests. I don't say that to be dick, but to reflect on my own stupid habits... I loved the main story quest line, but ignored information given to me when I was doing sidequests... Yeah, don't do that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.