Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 23, 2016

Following up two years after Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Mankind Divided sees Adam Jensen working to thwart a terrorist organization bent on promoting human augmentation. It serves as a prequel to Deus Ex, the first entry in the series.

Anyone feel like the character progression is slightly busted?

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
    AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey all, another Deus Ex thread from me, sorry about that.

Just going to save the everyone time and give the tl;dr : I have only just met with Miller and was told to investigate the crime scene of the explosion and I am already just one augment short of being able to access any route in the game. I have not played HR for a while, but I feel like I reached this point when I was far further in the story missions in HR.

Granted, I am playing as non-lethal stealth, therefore using the bare minimum of resources, along with saving all my credits to buy more kits from the guy that sells them, and I have also tipped the two hub areas accessible so far upside down and shook as much experience out of them as I possibly could have but I can't help but feel that there is something a bit wrong here. Does anyone else think so as well?

That being said, it is incredibly entertaining to just dump all of your points at the beginning of the game into hacking and just be able to hack your way into just about any door, lock or computer you come across. The first thing I did when I actually got to TF29 was clean out my coworkers offices and pry into their private emails, as is DX tradition.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Tennmuerti

You do start off faster due to the early game story praxis boost. But it really isn't that far off from HR progression imo.

By the time you went into the first real main mission in HR (the interment camp) it was possible to have full hacking, casie, invisibility, wall break and then some, which basically allowed you to access something like 99% of the areas/content with just a little bit of creative box usage. And you could definitely 100% discover/get/steal everything up to that point in the hub too.

Plus Prague hub is much much bigger then the initial Detroit hub, there's several times more subquests and areas to explore if you want to before moving on to the main missions. I'm 15 hours in and have yet to go into the Task force base. So hour-power curve is not that much faster, but it can definitely feel that way because of the aforementioned story beat (and shorter opening mission).

And like before once you get the bare necessities, there is a whole bunch of quality of life augments to get. Inventory, battery upgrades, vision, hacking stealth, lung, electricity resistance, etc. As an aside high jump seems way more necessary in this then in HR to access a lot of areas in the hub, there are a lot of apartments on the upper floors, so unless you want to stack half a dozen boxes from across the city to each one, jump boost is needed too.

Also I guess makes sense for story reasons too.

Finally as a small tip to anyone reading this, invisibility upgrade does not drain battery power while you're hacking (it did in HR) so even with a single point in invisibility you can hack anything you need right in front of any witnesses.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

You could always buy some Praxis upgrades with real money!

(but seriously don't do this because that is screwed that it's even an option)

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By BoOzak

As someone who recently replayed HR as refresher this was appreciated. Getting you back up to where you were in the last game allows you to mess around with the new upgrades faster. Granted the only one i'm really finding usefull is the icarus dash. Even playing lethaly (since HR robbed me of my pacifist achivement i'm not going to bother this time) stuff like the armour and blade dont seem that usefull. It looks pretty fucking cool though.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

@rorie: I'm just waiting for the cheat engine table to add a few more praxis upgrades, should be any minute now

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.