Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 23, 2016

Following up two years after Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Mankind Divided sees Adam Jensen working to thwart a terrorist organization bent on promoting human augmentation. It serves as a prequel to Deus Ex, the first entry in the series.

Here's a 25 minute gameplay demo.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So excited for this.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Wasn't that exact font that's used in some parts of the UI used in another popular game recently?

Anyway, really looking forward to this. Looks great.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

Some interesting new weapons/gadgets here that I can't wait to try out. Also interested in how the ability meter seems like it might not be pip-based this time; one of my biggest annoyances with the first game is that I didn't ever want to use abilities that used more than one at a time.

Having put over a hundred hours into the first game, this is one of my most anticipated games of the near future.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By NTM

Awesome! Thanks for showing this. The second part of the video I've already seen, though in interview form, so people talking over it. So many great looking games.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Steadying

Also, hey, a game that actually tells you what your character is about to say instead of just an " idea. " Awesome.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh Machine-God that looks great, its pretty and it looks like more Deus Ex, what more could I ask for? Fantastic.

Though one thing I am wondering (possible Human Revolution spoilers) does the new male pilot mean they went with the Malik is dead part of the game? I always saved her, c'mooon, don't kill my Fly Girl!

ciscoidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Thanks for sharing! Can't wait!

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zolroyce: Yeah, I believe I heard somewhere that the developers consider her dying as canon, it sucks, I know. That said, that could be wrong, and I hope it is.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Also, hey, a game that actually tells you what your character is about to say instead of just an " idea. " Awesome.

Amen.

Avatar image for asilentprotagonist
    ASilentProtagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was good until it hit combat. I still wouldn't agree with the devs saying that they made the combat as fun as the stealth in this entry.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was good until it hit combat. I still wouldn't agree with the devs saying that they made the combat as fun as the stealth in this entry.

The stealth stuff seems great, both in lethal and non-lethal forms. But the combat looks nothing more that functional. I'll be stealthing my way through this game for sure.

Wampa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Wampa1

Cool to see the Juggernaut collective stuff carrying forward, still let down it's Jensen again, as much as I liked him I felt his story was over at the end of human revolution. Wonder if they'll reference/tie-up @Deus Ex: The Fall

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

It looks so much better than the stiff gunplay of the last game though.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By BabyChooChoo

I feel like I'm nitpicking here, but I don't think he could have possibly tried any harder to convey how many options/how much freedom you have in the game. It's like every 30 seconds "...BUT THIS IS JUST ONE OF MANY PATHS YOU CAN TAKE IN THE WORLD." It got kind of annoying, but whatever, I guess in a way you have to stress that fact for people who don't know any better.

Game looks outstanding though so no complaints there. Never did get around to playing Human Revolution, but this right here is absolutely on my radar.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm more annoyed with the gratuitous 2.0 usage.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I the only one that still finds it odd that there is people with augments who are working class? Why do so many people need to amputate their limbs and how do they afford the costs of those augments?

Also, in the future, half the population realizes that laced up tall combat boots are the best thing to wear since sneakers.

Looks great though, loved that last one and I hope this one ends up being at least as good as that.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I still find the jumps between third person and first person kind of jarring, but overall looks pretty good.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Tennmuerti

@zolroyce@ntm: Well Malik was a civilian pilot for a corporation. Adam is flying ops as part of a UN sanctioned task force in the new game.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Wasn't that exact font that's used in some parts of the UI used in another popular game recently?

Anyway, really looking forward to this. Looks great.

Dead Rising 3? There's a bunch of typefaces on display, but the serif font definitely gave me a Dead Rising 3 vibe.

Avatar image for waltercrunkfite
    WalterCrunkFite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mechanical.... . . . .Apartheid. . . . . ? ? ? ? ? ?? ?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The world seems more Killzone rather than Blade Runner\Noir now and I'm not sure I like that.

TerminatorZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Arnold joke gave me a good laugh

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like what i wanted it to be, more Deus Ex human revolution. I play stealth/non leathal as it's really the only way to go obviously, so most of the new augments mean nothing to me.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I never finished Human Revolution, kind of hope it becomes backward compatible before this is released so i can play through it.

Gruff182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stick around.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#27  Edited By GERALTITUDE

If you lived in a world where people hated humans that had augs, why would you wear pants with only one trouser and show off your robot leg?

Looks good generally.

Raspharus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Manipulated by the illuminati. Let the dank memes and the mlg jokes commence

Anyways the game looks really, good and I'm looking forward to it. As a matter of fact, should I play deus ex human revolution before this?

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raspharus: Yes. It's 10 bucks right now on Steam sale.

clush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#30  Edited By clush

Nanoblade looks cool as shit. I was a little worried they'd focus too much on the action and combat and am still not convinced they aren't, but this eased my mind a little bit. Looks very much like a new and improved human revolution. which is all I need.

Also, that guy at the end of the spoiler bit looks a lot like Dijkstra (witcher series) from the future.

qrdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By qrdl

A policeman speaking Czech in a menacing way. I already know that vast parts of this game will be completely unbelievable to me> A Czech person cannot be angry.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zolroyce@ntm: Well Malik was a civilian pilot for a corporation. Adam is flying ops as part of a UN sanctioned task force in the new game.

That is a good point, despite any evidence leading towards her demise as canon I'll hold onto the shred of hope that she is is just piloting elsewhere, haha.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tennmuerti: @zolroyce Yes, I thought about that, and that's true, so she might still show up if she is alive. That said, I think Sarif Industries might not exist anymore, so she'd be somewhere else piloting. I think she was loyal, and had a deep enough relationship with Jensen though that she'd still be around Jensen, perhaps piloting for him, which she is clearly not. Things could have happened though otherwise, other than her death.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope the story reflects your choices, otherwise they are meaningless and are better left alone. Infamous 2, Mass effect 3

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By kasaioni

I hope that stick around joke is actually in the game in some capacity.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

@oursin_360: I wouldn't hold out hope for that. Deus Ex lets you play your way, but it's never tried to preserve choice across games, and they never suggested they would this time during that demo, at least.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I definitely asked for this.

Also, is it me or has Elias Toufexis dialled back the Batman in his Jensen? Really seems like it; maybe it's been too long since I played Human Revolution.

John1912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That was a impressive video! I thought the first one looked like complete shit from the early videos. Reviews came out and were positive. So I took a chance on it. Ended up being one of the better games I played that year! This looks WAAAY more polished! Glad to see its turning out to be a great squeal! Doesnt look like they sat on their hands and just tried to ride out the success of the last one!

qrdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kasaioni: The guy narrating sounds so sad when he says it. It must be the result of a dare or some lost bet. It's part of the lore now though, so it must stay.

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@qrdl: I can't wait to hear the backstory on the weapon. "It was created for the sole purpose of allowing the user to make a mediocre pun".

sarahsdad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 21

I liked most of what they did with the previous game, and listening to one of the devs on the day 2(maybe) show makes me hopeful they've adjusted some of the not so great parts for this sequel.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.