Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 23, 2016

Following up two years after Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Mankind Divided sees Adam Jensen working to thwart a terrorist organization bent on promoting human augmentation. It serves as a prequel to Deus Ex, the first entry in the series.

Hey, It's Deus Ex

• 180 results
    lane_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

And they started taking pre-orders for the game. Anyone else think it's a bit sleazy thing to do when you have just put out a CG announcement trailer without any kind of release date even? Not to bash the game (since we know almost nothing about it yet) and I liked the previous one enough to play it through twice but come on, how much Square Enix is hurting for money. Seems a bit unethical thing to do.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Human Revolution was a lot of fun, but had a lot of spots for improvement. This should be a great game.

Willza92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#153  Edited By Willza92

@lane_:

I don't think so, because no one is being forced to pre order now, it feels more like a way to gauge just how much hype/ initial interest there is in the game for marketing charts for business suits to be proud of/ cry and fire people over. If they were saying "pre order now for x bonuses that will expire in 48 hours", that'd be a bit off, but anyone who pre orders the game now is probably a mega fan who knows they will get this game no matter what, and even if they aren't, there will be plenty of opportunity to check out gameplay before now and release and you can always cancel your pre order :)

On the game: bring it on! HR was one of those rare games that I accidentally spent an entire day lost in and then kept going. I can't wait for this!

avantegardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Despite my Avatar, I found HR a tad underwhelming, here's hoping the squeakquel fairs better. I did however remember enjoying Invisible War quite a bit, no accounting for taste I suppose.

shinluis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#155  Edited By shinluis

These dumb ass angelic wings are pissing me off. How about some subtlety in the imagery? We are not dumb.

Relenus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By Relenus

Guess it's time for me to play beyond the first 30 minutes of Human Revolution.

Also, does the first Deus Ex hold up at all? Or is it hard to go back to?

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

@relenus: Personally, I think the original Deus Ex is super rough. It's one a game from that era of RPGs where people expected to have to cheese the game a little in some spots, exploiting bad enemy AI and terrain, that sort of thing.

Poncho90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of my favorite games from that previous generation. So happy that we're gotta another one!

atomicoldman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apothaeos: I think he dies in all of them, but some of the leaked information from yesterday said the endings of HR would be disregarded.

jamesdane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@relenus: The original Deus Ex is old and clunky, but yes, it is totally worth playing.

vivifortunia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

About damn time.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
    deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Meh. Too computer-y.

Avatar image for chilipeppersman
    chilipeppersman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

@totsboy: def get the directors cut, its noticeably more polished than the vanilla version. Great game too!!! Loved it, and if you liked Blade Runner at all you will like it even more

cfilipec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

And Giant Bomb needs more of these news articles from you Jeff. Great way of delivering information in not a cold but also not biased way. Keep them coming =)

mr_creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cfilipec said:

And Giant Bomb needs more of these news articles from you Jeff. Great way of delivering information in not a cold but also not biased way. Keep them coming =)

Yup, yup. I can read straight-forward news dumps anywhere. I come here for that Giant Bomb spin.

Deusoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

I really liked the way the last game gave you choices without judging you, and how the story and lore explored posthuman themes. Man, I need to get back and finish that mother.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#167  Edited By Tennmuerti

IMSOSTOKED!!!!!!

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By hassun

@shinluis: Going by Human Revolution they are probably more like Icarus' wings.

totsboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@chilipeppersman: Yeah I know I'll like the game, the original is one of my favorite games :) Thanks for the imput!

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

At this point I'd be fine if they consider Human Revolution a soft reboot of the series and start taking the story in any direction that feels organic and works from what they're building here.

While I'm interested in how they can lead the story into the story of the original Deus Ex, I've almost never seen prequel world building done right. Let that game be it's own thing, and they should do their own thing here.

This game does look dope, though. Human Revolution wasn't quite what the original was (personal Top 3 all-time), but it was a damn good game that I really enjoyed (personal Top 3 for 2011). I'm glad they got most of the team back, and it sounds like the same sound... designer? engineer? ... sound dude.

Definitely optimistic on this.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By Ezekiel

I'm disappointed they brought Adam Jensen back. The first three games all had different protagonists. It also means they'll probably bring that art style back in which many of the characters, including Jensen, have exaggerated shoulders and small heads. Yuck. I was also hoping the next game could be played entirely in third or first person, but from the pictures it appears not. I don't want the perspective to change when I'm taking cover, punching through walls or attacking. I'm sure I'll like it, but it looks like more of the same. I don't even want to watch the trailer.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I'm so very in.

I don't like that this game about choices will have to destroy the last choice from HR though, since that now needs a canon ending. (Except if they go the Dragon Age: Awakening route, which I highly doubt. I'm talking about the self-sacrifce ending by the way. I mean that ending sucked, but it was still a viable option.)

kewlsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#173  Edited By kewlsnake

I had a very specific problem in Deus Ex HR that I never saw anyone else mention. I was dirt poor. I didn't have enough money to buy bullets so I had to resort to mugging innocent people on the streets for petty cash. I broke into a police armory to get like 6 bullets for a weapon. The 6 billion dollar man has fallen on hard times!

DragonNinja789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very cool. Glad hear that this is coming. I enjoyed Human Revolution for what it was, I also, forgave them for some of the issues it had.

Perhaps I'll put in more of an assault route this time around, stealth just aint my forte

shinluis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hassun: I suppose, yes. If some of those lights start falling to the ground one by one I will feel personally offended.

aktivity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sessh said:

I'm so very in.

I don't like that this game about choices will have to destroy the last choice from HR though, since that now needs a canon ending. (Except if they go the Dragon Age: Awakening route, which I highly doubt. I'm talking about the self-sacrifce ending by the way. I mean that ending sucked, but it was still a viable option.)

From the trailer with him floating in the water, I get the feeling they chose that ending as canonical. Which if true I'll be happy.

NeoZeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The (now official) trailer looked amazing, just like the Human Revolution one did. Now I'm starting to get hyped already...good! HR was definitely a great game so I say bring on the sequel!

SaltyKenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sunbrozak: The boss battles are definitely improved but nothing extraordinary, over all if you liked the original Deus Ex Human Revolution, its definitely worth a shot.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By Ezekiel

@saltykenny said:

@sunbrozak: The boss battles are definitely improved but nothing extraordinary, over all if you liked the original Deus Ex Human Revolution, its definitely worth a shot.

I thought the Missing Link chapter really hurt the flow the story. I think it's an enferior cut. The characters had nothing to do with the main game and the chapter was too long a distraction. The cutscene before the chapter wasn't a good transition and the characters don't even talk about what happened afterwards. How convenient that Jensen finds another capsule at the end, identical to the one he entered the chapter with, so that we can pretend that all of that happened. The chapter should have been an extra, as originally intended. I'm not just nitpicking. I thought the director's cut was done in such poor taste that I looked for the original cut (which I played once before) afterwards. I was afraid no one sold it anymore, but I found a key discounted on Amazon. I feel the same way about Alien, Aliens and most other director's cuts.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been ready for another one of these for a while now. Human Revolution was one of those pleasant surprises when I got it and I really liked it's world, so I am quite ready to enter it again in sometime in the future.

JesusHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was a bit disappointed hearing it was a direct sequel, but then I heard the Illuminati is going to play a big role and I got hype. Hope this one does a bit more RPG than the last one.

TrottyVek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 7

if they can resist using antiquated racial stereotypes i might get further than an hour into the next one

archer88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@manbot47 said:

if they can resist using antiquated racial stereotypes i might get further than an hour into the next one

Well Sheeyit! If it ain't the cap'n hisself!

Loading Video...

flakmunkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By flakmunkey

Letitia antiquated? I pass by 3 people every morning that talk just like her on my way to work in the city. Is it wrong of them to talk like that? Are they stereotyping themselves? I don't get the comment.

Anyway, joke about picking nits aside (though I do in fact know multiple people who unironically talk like that and I personally don't see an issue with it), I have to agree with @ezekiel about DX:HR DC and the inclusion of Missing Link. I beat the DC just last night for the first time actually and was extremely bummed about how it killed the flow of the story. Like, theres the big explosion on the docks, your about to escape the city for the epic conclusion of the game and BOOM, your augs are gone and now you have to do some stupid side story on a boat.

Don't get me wrong, the story of Missing Link is kinda cool, has a decent conspiracy and some solid gameplay, but it just doesn't fit at all as part of the main game. Shoehorning it into the DC as if it was actually part of the original game that had to get cut and not a DLC conceived of after the story was more or less done does a huge disservice to both the main game and the DLC. That said it's the only version with NG+ so it looks like I'll be playing through again.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.