Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 23, 2016

Following up two years after Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Mankind Divided sees Adam Jensen working to thwart a terrorist organization bent on promoting human augmentation. It serves as a prequel to Deus Ex, the first entry in the series.

Mankind Divided new trailer and gameplay dump

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
    AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Whole bunch of stuff came out regarded Mankind Divided today, so I feel the need to share it all.

First, Deus Ex GO has been revealed. Have not yet played any of the GO games, but it looks neat.

Secondly, a second game mode, included in Mankind Divided, called Breach has also been revealed. It strongly resembles something like the raid mode in Resident Evil Revelations. Short levels that focus just on gameplay and score. I was fully expecting this trailer to end with something like 'Breach releases a month early for preorders' or something, but I guess not. They're saying an awful lot of stuff in the description about future updates after release, so maybe this will give Mankind Divided some longevity? I don't know.

And finally, 18 minutes of new gameplay, mainly focusing on the Prague hub-world. Truth be told, with this gameplay, the game has almost sucked a pre-order out of me. Might do it after exams. To be honest, it does look like more of Human Revolution albeit with some improvements, and that's perfectly fine with me. The guys know how to make a Deus Ex for the modern age. My hype is getting augmented.

The real tragedy here is Sarif's new VA.

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
    deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Can't wait to dive back into this world. Although I came to HR fairly late it quickly became one of my favourite games.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

I'm really looking forward to Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. They would have to do something really atrocious for me to not enjoy it - I mean, I even really enjoyed Deus Ex: The Fall...

Also, I hope Deus Ex Go comes to Steam. Hitman Go was a pretty fun puzzle game.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man some of the voice acting is really terrible, also a shame Sarif's is a different actor who doesn't seem to do as good of a job. Still high hopes for this game because they did the setting so well in Human Revolution but there's something about the visuals that just looks off.

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I don't even want to watch any of this but boy am I excited for this game!

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm so excited to get back into Deus Ex. I loved the look and universe of Human Revolution. This is going to be fun.

extintor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

I love fully self-serious sci fi and cyberpunk. Neuromancer and Altered Carbon are some of my favorite books and DX:HR is one of my favorite games. I'm replaying it for the fourth time right now in the lead up to DX:MD release in Aug. Can't wait.

Avatar image for deactivated-63c06c6e81315
    deactivated-63c06c6e81315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Loading Video...

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

36$ at Greenmangaming today, just got it cause it's 36$ and i liked the first one.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

@oursin_360: I'm seeing $45. Not sure if you got another code or not.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@sackmanjones said:

@oursin_360: I'm seeing $45. Not sure if you got another code or not.

It was definitely an error. Page was broken quickly and now it's back up at $45. Pissed I missed it. If the game's good it's worth $45 no doubt I just should not be spending more money right now.

Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

I managed to get the deeper discount from GMG before they fixed it, hopefully they won't refund it.
    Either way I am so excited for this game to be released.

@extintor said:

I love fully self-serious sci fi and cyberpunk. Neuromancer and Altered Carbon are some of my favorite books and DX:HR is one of my favorite games. I'm replaying it for the fourth time right now in the lead up to DX:MD release in Aug. Can't wait.

You are a cool guy, Altered Carbon is neat.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By OurSin_360

hmm, i don't think it was an error maybe it was just a limited time thing. I was actually mulling over buying it for 45$ and saw the extra discount and had to buy lol. I hope they don't try and refund me, i'll probably get pissed and just not buy it at all then.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@oursin_360: It was definitely an error. Was only that price for minutes and then they broke the page to stop people from buying it. But I would say you should not be refunded from how that stuff usually works.

EDIT: Yup they even tweeted as much, and that it will not be refunded.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artisanbreads: weird, i wonder if it is dropping price later because even the graphic that labels the percent was changed to 40% on the entire page.

And now that i think about it the page was a tad slow when i ordered lol.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@oursin_360: I'm sure it's just that they don't make the "% discount" graphics and place them by hand. Because for example now on there you see different discounts (and thus graphics) if you are logged in or not. Probably handled by code and the code went sideways for a bit.

extintor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

would it be fair to say that this is most anticipated release of the year so far? It's the one I've been looking forward to the most but I'm talking on a general 'all video games' level...

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ivdamke

@extintor: I mean, I didn't care much about it but No Mans Sky is easily the most anticipated if you're talking generally. This game looks great to me but it's also been one that hasn't stuck in the back of my head leading up to its release.

In fact this year has been a year without hype and instead a year of low to middling expectations being shattered by games like DOOM and Hitman. I hope Deus Ex follows that suit.

extintor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By extintor

@ivdamke: yeah you could be right. At risk of sounding irritatingly hipster, I never bought into the NMS hype and was always intrigued about it but never excited for it (because Hello games never came out and said what it was, and what to expect).

DX:MD is right on my wavelength though (going on the idea that it is intending to build on its predecessor... which for me was one of the top 10 games of the last generation). I have an expectation for the experience that's very high, but then like you say, that's maybe not the general perception.

DOOM is flat out unrivalled GoTY at this point as far as I see it, but this is potentially the one that might challenge that for me.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By NTM

Super excited. I've played and enjoyed all Deus Ex games, but I don't really have any desire to play Go. A lot of games I'm excited about this year still, but I think when it comes to new games, Mankind Divided is the game I'm most excited about.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
    AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think MD will be a game that underpromises and overdelivers, much like HR was. The marketing has been mostly subdued, but I expect to be a quality title. A leaked copy of EDGE gave it a 9/10.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mankind Divided is probably my most anticipated release of the year behind Mafia 3.

extintor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think MD will be a game that underpromises and overdelivers, much like HR was. The marketing has been mostly subdued, but I expect to be a quality title. A leaked copy of EDGE gave it a 9/10.

that's very promising indeed. Jeff's review (I'm assuming Jeff's taken this one) drops in an hour. I'll be super-interested to read what he has to say (good and/or bad)

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ivdamke

@extintor: That point of view definitely isn't hipster but rather reasonable. That game suffered reception wise because of hype, sale wise though that's a different story. I'm very keen for Deus Ex because I really dig cyberpunk but pretty much no big games do it right except for Deus Ex. I've just seen a few things that have been jarring, things like bad facial animation and voice acting and some of the demos have had inconsistent visuals. The gameplay shown looks pretty solid though so I haven't been dissuaded from buying the game when it comes out.

Sysyphus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Looking forward to the quick look/ review before I decide to buy or not. Loved Human Revolution (except the terrible boss battles) so don't see any reason this will be completely terrible, as it looks like they are building on the predecessor. Here's hoping they took feedback on what could be better and brought that forward in to Mankind Divided.

Only bad things I've seen from this are the way they seem to want to court controversy using phrases such as a mechanical apartheid, but that's more marketing BS and less to do with the quality of the game

I've got pretty high expectations from this, I hope they can deliver.

#AugLivesMatter :P

Orewton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Breach looks strange but I wanna try in right now. Something new in DeusEx game series.

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oursin_360: It was definitely an error. Was only that price for minutes and then they broke the page to stop people from buying it. But I would say you should not be refunded from how that stuff usually works.

EDIT: Yup they even tweeted as much, and that it will not be refunded.

Yeah, I just randomly checked that game's page on GMG right at that moment. When I saw the large discount, I checked the deluxe edition but that was still at the 'regular' discount level. I thought that was strange but immediately decided the discount on the standard edition was too good to pass up on so I bought it. Apparently I was lucky enough to complete the transaction before they killed the page. I had no idea that it was a glitch and that it was only online for a couple of minutes.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Woo, preloading now :'D

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By OurSin_360

@rvone: Yup, crazy I usually don't get lucky.......ever

I had no clue it was a a glitch, if i knew i wouldn't have even typed my info in because i wouldn't trust it lol.

*edit* preload is avaiable, they didn't email me the code though but it was in my games section on GMG.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.