Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 23, 2016

Following up two years after Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Mankind Divided sees Adam Jensen working to thwart a terrorist organization bent on promoting human augmentation. It serves as a prequel to Deus Ex, the first entry in the series.

PC Performance - Terrible for anyone else?

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

I've got a GTX 1080 and an 15-3570 3.4 GHZ, I have every setting sitting at either low or medium, and I have all of the fancy-pants supercomputer settings turns off, but I'm still not hitting a stable 30. It will sometimes be sub-20 if it's an area with a lot of light sources and NPCs.

I understand that I can't run every game maxed out, especially with this processor, but I feel like asking for a stable 30 FPS at 1080 isn't asking much. Rise of the Tomb Raider runs 50-60 with every setting maxed out, DOOM runs so well it is actually frightening, Witcher 3 is a stable 60 with every setting maxed. It just doesn't seem right that Deus Ex is totally killing my PC, to the point that it's sometimes unplayable.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alistercat: I did see it to be honest but I thought I'd prod for a more recent update on how the game is running. I've seen chatter on Reddit about DX12 making performance worse so I've been hesitant to flip it on as of yet. Did you have much luck with it? I'm pretty firmly removed from the point where I can have fun playing with settings, at this point I'd just like to have it run acceptably without having to restart it eight times and run benchmarks and shit.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By bybeach

I don't know what the problem is for you. I was running MD at 55-70 rpm,...fps, on the next to highest setting. That shadows category was on, and I did 2 others ultra . I have a Titan Black, well served by being coupled to an old i7 950 (3.06 Ghz). I think you should have done better. Resolution was 1080.

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#5  Edited By TechnoSyndrome

There's definitely something wrong with your setup, I have a 970 and an i5-3570k at stock speeds and graphics set to high, and usually get around 60 fps with consistent dips in certain areas but definitely never under 30.

Is the game running at sub-30fps on its own or are you capping the framerate at 30 yourself? If it's the latter you should try uncapping the framerate and see if anything changes. Also probably goes without saying but make sure MSAA is turned off, it's in display options instead of graphics options for whatever reason so the game might have turned it on by default and you never switched it off.

Last question, how much RAM do you have? I ask because I've alt-tabbed out of the game before and noticed it using more than 8GB of RAM. I have 16 so it's not a problem for me, but if you have 8 that could be the issue.

nickhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

There's definitely something wrong with your setup, I have a 970 and an i5-3570k at stock speeds and graphics set to high, and usually get around 60 fps with consistent dips in certain areas but definitely never under 30.

Is the game running at sub-30fps on its own or are you capping the framerate at 30 yourself? If it's the latter you should try uncapping the framerate and see if anything changes. Also probably goes without saying but make sure MSAA is turned off, it's in display options instead of graphics options for whatever reason so the game might have turned it on by default and you never switched it off.

Last question, how much RAM do you have? I ask because I've alt-tabbed out of the game before and noticed it using more than 8GB of RAM. I have 16 so it's not a problem for me, but if you have 8 that could be the issue.

I have this exact same setup and had no issues on high either. I don't have much more to contribute just wanted to reinforce the processor maybe not being the issue :/

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickhead said:
    @TechnoSyndrome said:

I have this exact same setup and had no issues on high either. I don't have much more to contribute just wanted to reinforce the processor maybe not being the issue :/

Well... This is embarrassing... I seem to have, uh, *ahem* had MSAA turned all the way up without, um, realizing it. Didn't think to look into display options, for my, uh, for my graphics toggles.

So...

Yeah. Look out for that MSAA option. And definitely don't, like, have it cranked to 8x or it may impact performance. Or so I hear. hahaha ha. haha.

SamanthaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I have old hardware but i can manage to run it on 50-60 fps but for some reason it forces me to use DX12, is there a way to run it on a lower DX version?

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@nickhead said:
    @TechnoSyndrome said:

Well... This is embarrassing... I seem to have, uh, *ahem* had MSAA turned all the way up without, um, realizing it. Didn't think to look into display options, for my, uh, for my graphics toggles.

So...

Yeah. Look out for that MSAA option. And definitely don't, like, have it cranked to 8x or it may impact performance. Or so I hear. hahaha ha. haha.

Preeeeeetty sure I told you MSAA is bad performance juju 3 days ago :P

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By rethla

@samanthak: How is that possible. You have to download an separate DX12 beta build to run DX12 at all.

Dx 12 aint gonna give you an improvement if you dont have an amd card. Nvidiadrivers are solid enough that the little optimisation that is done for dx12 is neglectable at best.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@korwin: it was in a different tab, how was I supposed to know! I'm not some kinda rocket scienctist over here.

SamanthaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@rethla: i don't know but i have a AMD card but it's old.

But what i want to know is how can i run it in DX11 or lower and is that even possible?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.