Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

Is it my internet connection or their servers?

breenmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By breenmachine

I understand that Blizzard's servers have been getting obliterated ever since D3 came out. I bought the game, and while I never got Error 37 or anything like that, the game is still horrifically laggy, to the point of being unable to play it. As in, "Click on something and wait 45 seconds to see it respond" laggy. I'm beginning to worry that, for me, the game will still be like this when they get the problems figured out. I have Centurylink as my internet provider, and I'm pretty sure it's DSL. I've never had any massive issues with the internet, either. And I don't think the issue is with my PC, seeing as I've been able to run Crysis 2 and The Witcher 2 without a hitch. So, do you guys think this issue will go away once Blizzard sorts things out, or did I buy a game my internet is unequipped to handle?

breenmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By breenmachine

I'm sorry if this question has been asked before. Admittedly, I'm still a bit of a PC gaming newb, and probably shouldn't be worrying about things like this. I just don't like the idea of buying a game that I'm not going to be able to play.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By TheHBK

Yeah, right now it is probably your ISP with lag that bad. I would understand some lag due to server issues but that is just ridiculous. But how does the internet perform when you play something like FPS or a sports game on the PC online?

breenmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By breenmachine

@TheHBK: I play SMNC and TF2 with a lot of regularity, and not much bothers me there.

Avatar image for phantomgardener
    PhantomGardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By PhantomGardener

The Diablo III forum is flooded with complaints about the latency/lag problems, and this is what Blizzard has to say about the issue.

"We are not currently experiencing issues related to latency or lag."

UitDeToekomst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By UitDeToekomst

I just played for two hours and had no latency, lag or errors whatsoever.

Tonyyj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Tonyyj

@PhantomGardener: Accurate to some extent at least, I too haven't experienced any lag issues after 9 hours of play.

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Pinworm45

If your issue was happening last night, it was entirely on them. If it's happening 100% of the time, and you've played at several different times, it might be on you.

I'd go to www.speedtest.net and post the results here.

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By subject2change

At work on WiFi on my laptop I ping about 150-250. At home ~100. At work it can be a little rough at times but always manageable. Not much help, but just check your latency. Make sure you aren't downloading anything in the background.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Karl_Boss

When in doubt blame the servers.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By Captain_Insano

I just ran into unplayable lag now (which is why I'm here). Playing fine most of the morning, had a break, coming back to it I can't do anything as the latency gets to 1000+. Again, had no problems this morning, not running any background downloads or anything. I am playing on the Europe servers (even though I'm based in Australia). Why would I do this you ask? Well, because when I choose the Asia servers it loses my character and all my progress. I'm really enjoying this game and tend not to react too much to some issues but seriously, I get them having servers but this fucking sucks.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ben_H

It was really bad for me around an hour ago. It has been smooth since and was smooth last time I played. It was almost unplayable at times.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@Pinworm45 said:

If your issue was happening last night, it was entirely on them. If it's happening 100% of the time, and you've played at several different times, it might be on you.

I'd go to www.speedtest.net and post the results here.

This is unacceptable for a singleplayer game. PS anyone got a spare code for the demo?

breenmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By breenmachine

It seems to be fine now. Part of the problem turned out to be on my end, but it seems to be working better now. The typical D3 freakouts are still happening occasionally, but not nearly as often. Thanks, guys!

ADAMWD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#15  Edited By ADAMWD

There are a ton of people on the D3 forums complaining about high latency, almost all had no latency issues prior to the maintenance patch on Tuesday. Too many players with the same issue that started to occur around the same time. There's got to be something wrong on Blizzard's end.

Just curious, what did you change to help with your latency issues?

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By kindgineer

I have been getting kicked out of games today pretty regularly once it hits around 8:00pm. It's prime-time for me so I guess the servers are still getting bogged down. The fact that my normal ping is 200-300 "green," when normally I have a 30 or below, puzzles me. I feel it will be a week or two before Blizzard just thumbs up upgraded the hardware or adding to it so that we don't experience this forever.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By Tennmuerti

I live in the shitty part of the EU and still normally get around a 100-150 ms to say BF3 servers.

But with D3 latency now sits around 300ms which is bordering on a yellow bar :/ It was previously at it's normal 150 a day or two ago. So yes there are indeed some shitty things going on on their end.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MrKlorox

Probably a little bit of both. But it's definitely their fault that you can even possibly lag in a singleplayer game.

jonano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jonano

I downloaded Diablo 3 last night went to sleep .Woke up this morning and all the files were corrupted god damn it now I have to wait another fucking 7 hours awake .I've got fucking issues before installing the fucking thing .

fonkymucker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By fonkymucker

I think that most of it is on their end, at least right now. A couple of times my friends and I would get similar lag spikes at the same exact time, and they would then resolve themselves at the same time as well.

We played for about 10 hours all together yesterday (we all took the day off of work to play), and experienced 3 different lag spikes and once where we were disconnected from our game.

I just can't seem to get to upset over launch week hickups, however, because the game is sooooooo fucking good.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MrKlorox
    @jonano said:

I downloaded Diablo 3 last night went to sleep .Woke up this morning and all the files were corrupted god damn it now I have to wait another fucking 7 hours awake .I've got fucking issues before installing the fucking thing .

You probably only have to wait two or three hours. Diablo 3 has progressive downloading that grabs the first act before the rest and allows you to play the game while everything else downloads.
    Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Cataphract1014

My ping is regularly above 250 on a 25/15 connection. I've never had problems with other blizzard games

BamSaidTheLady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BamSaidTheLady

Played the beta and it seemed fine. Last two nights have been terrible for me to play.

MrOldboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#24  Edited By MrOldboy

Pretty sure its on their side. Do a google search and you'll find tons and tons of threads bitching about the weird long lag and constant disconnects. I was playing perfectly fine early tonight. Except for the occasional ping spike into the 300s. Now my ping is steady, but I get the 30 second pause lag and then disconnect about every 5 minutes.

Icemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Icemo

I've got 100/10 connection and latency jumps from 100 ms to over 300 ms sometimes and lagging starts. So I would say that D3 servers have too much load right now or other unknown issues. Hopefully Blizzard recognizes the problem.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.