Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

DmC Devil May Cry

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Jan 15, 2013

DmC Devil May Cry is a reboot of the series from developer Ninja Theory, featuring a redesigned Dante and a new take on the franchise's fiction.

Capcom Developers Describe Relationship With Ninja Theory

SagaciousJones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SagaciousJones

http://www.polygon.com/2013/1/30/3931784/capcom-devs-describe-the-long-distance-romance-with-ninja-theory-that

The video-game industry is littered with stories of game developers in the U.S. and Europe trying to work with publishers in Japan and finding it a painful experience. While the collaboration between Capcom and England-based Ninja Theory wound up producing the fairly well-reviewedDmC: Devil May Cry, it was far from smooth sailing from start to finish for the three-year-long project.

"It was the classic long-distance romance," Eshiro reflected. "We were always the most nervous just before the meeting, and it'd be such a relief afterwards. Development studios working in this kind of client/subcontractor position have a tendency to be really businesslike with their relations, but we had a really close relationship with Ninja Theory. They're really forward-thinking, so it was worth teaching them everything we could."

I'm really interested in seeing more about these East/West developer mash-ups. Have there been other articles telling about, say, Castlevania:LoS (which was a team-up between Konami and Spanish developer MercurySteam)?

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By ArtisanBreads

Yeah this was an interesting read.

Capcom seems to really like NT. Another game with them seems inevitable, whether its DmC 2 or not.

I never read anything about LoS... but they are getting back together.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

I liked reading that. Sounds like a large part of why the game plays well is due to capcom guiding them on japanese game design. Design which sounds much better than what they would have other wise if Heavenly Sword is any judgement.

Nettacki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Nettacki

I liked reading that. Sounds like a large part of why the game plays well is due to capcom guiding them on japanese game design. Design which sounds much better than what they would have other wise if Heavenly Sword is any judgement.

Yeah, true that. Imagine how the game would have ended up had Capcom not given them assistance in the gameplay. The reaction would be FAR more negative than it already is.

MistaSparkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

What a relief, I took the thread title to be negative with people yelling at each other and all, but it's cool that everything worked out well between the two of them.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.