Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

DmC Devil May Cry

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Jan 15, 2013

DmC Devil May Cry is a reboot of the series from developer Ninja Theory, featuring a redesigned Dante and a new take on the franchise's fiction.

DmC: Dante, Sex pistols or My chemical romance

eclipsesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By eclipsesis
    No Caption Provided

Take a look at the image, no go do it force yourself, done? Right tell me what do you see? Like everyone i have my own thoughts and feeling for the new Dante granted his appearance has changed some what but the design is relatively the same. Why the hate for the game? where's the rationale? Put simply a new trailer has appeared and with it new hate and i justed wanted to know what do you feel from the new Dante. A lot of people refer to him as new Emo Dante but i don't see that, i think immediately 70's/80's british punk think the Sex pistols, i honestly get a more "Fuck the system" type of attitude from him and i believe that is what the studio is looking for, they would be the right age afterall to have lived through that particular era. And wouldn't that theme also resonate with recent vox populi; recession, london riots, poor people made poorer and rich richer. Anyways just my thoughts and love to know what you think

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Justin258

I think he looks like a goth chick's wet dream.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By TobbRobb

I'll say this again, I don't have a problem with that design, I don't have a problem with that character, I don't even have a problem with the game. It looks fun as hell, I'm going to buy it.

What I do have a problem is that they pussed out, they didn't go all the way. There is ZERO reason to call him Dante. THAT is not Dante. If you want to make a new character, then make a new goddamn character. Don't pee all over an old one.

They really don't make sense to me. When they made Nero he was a fucking copy and paste of Dante and when they actually make something new they try to disguise it with something old. SO DUMB.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By project343

@TobbRobb: Should they change Link/Zelda/Ganon's name game-to-game? That's the same vibe I get. It's a reinterpretation of something that people know and love. It also firmly connotes the fact that this is not the same universe, but certainly parallels it in many ways.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By TobbRobb

@project343: That's not really the same thing. Aside from Ocarina and Majoras, all Links and Ganons are separate people, with similar features. I'm pretty damn sure they said this was supposed to be the same Dante that we already know, except younger.

Now I could be entirely wrong, because this game has been off my radar for a while, but that is how I remember them designating the character. if they changed their mind and said that this is a separate universe and storyline, then I apologize and can safely say that I couldn't give less of a shit about his looks or name. As long as the game is fun bro.

eclipsesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By eclipsesis

@TobbRobb: In ways i completely agree i approach this game an open mind if its fun then so be it, i feel for Ninja Theory because Capcom have obviously said make a new devil may cry for us, reinvent it. But make DMC not no new IP so they have constraints on them, similar to whats happening at 343 making the new halo, in this way however MS have said your making a new halo to recognised as halo nothing new. And if i hypothetically had to pick a team i'd rather be with it would Ninja theory, because they get to approach a franchise with a fresh face

Avatar image for james_giant_peach
    James_Giant_Peach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By James_Giant_Peach

Didn't everyone have this discussion months ago when that picture first appeared? He doesn't even look like that in the new trailer, they've bro'd him up a bit more, he looks fine now.

Edit: And which one of these do you think he looks like then?

No Caption Provided
    benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By benspyda

I have a feeling his hair will turn white at some point in the game and he'll become more Dante like. If they pull off something like that I commend them. It is an origin story of sorts. If not I will probably be a little disappointed.

EmuLeader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By EmuLeader

@benspyda said:

I have a feeling his hair will turn white at some point in the game and he'll become more Dante like. If they pull off something like that I commend them. It is an origin story of sorts. If not I will probably be a little disappointed.

They've shown him in trailers with white hair in what looks like his devil trigger mode.

artgarcrunkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By artgarcrunkle

Dude looks like an affected twinkish guy to me.

sasnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By sasnake

he only gets called emo because most people these days arent old enough to know anything but it, YEAH HE LOOKS EMO CAUSE HE HAS A FRINGE!!!...Bring back the bare chested dante with the belt wrapped round his nipples! THATS FAR COOLER!...you know, the one with the shoulder length hair and wearing chaps! HELL YEAH!!!

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#12  Edited By benspyda

@EmuLeader said:

@benspyda said:

They've shown him in trailers with white hair in what looks like his devil trigger mode.

I just hope at some point that sticks and that becomes his look :D

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By Vonocourt

Design never bothered me that much, but if there's one thing that I wish would've stuck when they redesigned the redesign, is the fact that he looks like he got the shit kicked out of him. He's supposed to be a punk, and he's all prissy preen now.

eclipsesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By eclipsesis

@James_Giant_Peach: Not exactly a look a like, but the feel of it "rebellious teenage angst" to me anyway

yeah i know its been talked about to some length, and maybe similar points have been brought up but for reason unknown i'm bothered by some people hating on it without giving the redesign a chance but i'm not trying to defend it blindly as well, i just hope the reinvention works for Ninja theory.

Avatar image for countinhallways
    countinhallways

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By countinhallways

@SASnake said:

he only gets called emo because most people these days arent old enough to know anything but it, YEAH HE LOOKS EMO CAUSE HE HAS A FRINGE!!!...Bring back the bare chested dante with the belt wrapped round his nipples! THATS FAR COOLER!...you know, the one with the shoulder length hair and wearing chaps! HELL YEAH!!!

Heh. This is actually a good point. Got a right chuckle out of it also.

EmuLeader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By EmuLeader

@benspyda said:

@EmuLeader said:

@benspyda said:

I just hope at some point that sticks and that becomes his look :D

That was my thought as well. I figure by the end he will be stuck with the white hair and have his iconic sword with him. Or it could be a complete reboot with them trying to avoid the old look.

drac96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By drac96

His hair will constantly upset me. Did he cut it himself without looking in a mirror?

@benspyda said:

I believe this has been shown in trailers already. His hair turns white when he goes into devil trigger, or whatever they'll end up calling it in this game.

Anyways, I think the game is looking pretty good from that captivate trailer. While I may not like how Dante looks now I'll most certainly play this game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.