Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

DmC Devil May Cry

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Jan 15, 2013

DmC Devil May Cry is a reboot of the series from developer Ninja Theory, featuring a redesigned Dante and a new take on the franchise's fiction.

Vergil will be in this game

Heltom92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Heltom92

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/08/14/new-dmc-features-virgil

The article says he works for a anti demon corporation and that he recruits Dante to their cause. There's also a picture of the new Vergil.

Obviously this is very different to the Vergil from the other games, as he was very pro demon. I'm interested to see if he will actually be a good guy or if it's just a ruse.

I know there's still a lot of haters but in my opinion this game is the most exciting thing to happen to the franchise in a long time.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By FLStyle

Every new reveal seems to be a fresh kick in the balls, thanks Ninja Theory.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3  Edited By musubi

The trailer is up as well. Looks absolutely amazing. Still can't believe people are STILL whining about this game.

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By vaiz

There is some pretty obvious wiggle room here for Vergil to turn into the monster we knew in DMC3, for anyone bitching that he's one of the good guys now.

Heltom92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Heltom92

@Demoskinos said:

The trailer is up as well. Looks absolutely amazing. Still can't believe people are STILL whining about this game.

Yea I agree, I think the game looks great and the whole Demons controlling the media is a really interesting idea.

I think it would of been boring if they had just done another DMC game.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By rjayb89

Mmm, yum.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Quarters

The new trailer was awesome. Really curious to see how Vergil ends up in this one. Trailer certainly had ominous undertones. Also was far more serious than the previous trailers. Shows that the story might have some actual depth to it, even if it was just a quick glimpse. Quite excited about the game.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#8  Edited By jacksukeru

Here's the new trailer:

Story and the characters seem pretty sweet but that's par for the course, after seeing some extended gameplay footage a while back I'm still sceptical.

dyong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By dyong

I can't believe anyone who thinks that with that hairstyle, Vergil is going to be anything but a bad guy.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By musubi
    @dyong

I can't believe anyone who thinks that with that hairstyle, Vergil is going to be anything but a bad guy.

Pretty much. Its exceedingly obvious the sticking point between Dante and Vergil is going to be Kat. Ten to One odds that Kat dies and its a direct result of Vergil's actions.
    jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#11  Edited By jacksukeru

@dyong said:

With the trailer setting him up as a straight laced do-gooder who still becomes hesistant when asked to possibly sacrifice his life (I'm sorry, "risk the future of mankind") to selflessly save someone, there's no other way for his character type to go than to have some sort of fall from grace.

My guess is that he'll be seduced by power.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#12  Edited By Humanity

Looks good. I understand why fans of the original Dante might be disappointed by the game on it's own looks very interesting.

supamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By supamon

The more I see and read about it the more I'm swayed that Ninja Theory might be able to pull off a good DMC game. Maybe it's because the developers are from England and their past work with Enslaved make the characters and story seem promising. Still waiting to see more actual gameplay footage though.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By xyzygy

It's funny when people say the gameplay looks bad because the combat is actually still being worked on by Capcom.

CheapPoison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By CheapPoison

@FLStyle said:

But i can't lie, the trailer looked interesting. But i stil lfeel if they wanted to make such a 1080 on this game.. why not just make another game.

Eidderf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Eidderf

@CheapPoison :It's easier to sell a known franchise than an entirely new one I'm guessing is one of the reasons.

Looks pretty interesting to me, not sure I'll pick it up because I've never been great at the Devil May Cry style of game but maybe somewhere along the line when the price has dropped.

deskp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By deskp

I like all the redesigns so far, that said I never cared for dmc at all, But this game looks cool!

CheapPoison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By CheapPoison

@Eidderf said:

@CheapPoison :It's easier to sell a known franchise than an entirely new one I'm guessing is one of the reasons.

Looks pretty interesting to me, not sure I'll pick it up because I've never been great at the Devil May Cry style of game but maybe somewhere along the line when the price has dropped.

Well i get that, and i can hardly blame em. but this just feels weird to me... what id they updated mario to be less of a stereotype, or take key characteristics away from other established characters.

And i know you could argue that Dante was never that deep of a character but you still get used to and attached to that way/look.

Cause if you see it like that lot of the nintendo characters got nothing beside the way they look and the way their games feel.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By FLStyle

@CheapPoison said:

@FLStyle said:

But i can't lie, the trailer looked interesting. But i stil lfeel if they wanted to make such a 1080 on this game.. why not just make another game.

Exactly, if they wanted their games to have a new western-style and story etc. they should've let the DMC name die and start a fresh IP with Ninja Theory. Then everyone would've been happy.

CheapPoison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By CheapPoison

@FLStyle said:

@CheapPoison said:

@FLStyle said:

Exactly, if they wanted their games to have a new western-style and story etc. they should've let the DMC name die and start a fresh IP with Ninja Theory. Then everyone would've been happy.

I would still defend then if they wanted to do a devil may cry titled game set in the same universe. You can still have like a virgil/dante tie in. That way you can try your different character and story approach and see if it catches on.

But then i guess you could argue that it will never catch on or have no impact if it isn't the main character. Not sure how much people were into Nero in Devil may cry 4. That might also be a reason why they feel they absolutely need to focus on dante.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21  Edited By falserelic

HA HA HA the fans are really pissed.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By FLStyle

@CheapPoison said:

@FLStyle said:

@CheapPoison said:

@FLStyle said:

I would still defend then if they wanted to do a devil may cry titled game set in the same universe. You can still have like a virgil/dante tie in. That way you can try your different character and story approach and see if it catches on.

But then i guess you could argue that it will never catch on or have no impact if it isn't the main character. Not sure how much people were into Nero in Devil may cry 4. That might also be a reason why they feel they absolutely need to focus on dante.

Nero wasn't given a chance by anyone because Capcom messed up when they designed him to look so similar to Dante and Vergil.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#23  Edited By Sooty

The only thing I find offensive about new DMC is that they are using new Dante in PlayStation all stars when A) it's not an exclusive game and B) only old Dante appeared in the originally exclusive to PS2 DMC 1-3 games.

Now that is dumb, but not as dumb as the Big Daddy appearing as a character, even though that game used to be an Xbox exclusive. Wat.

CheapPoison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By CheapPoison

@FLStyle said:

@CheapPoison said:

@FLStyle said:

@CheapPoison said:

@FLStyle said:

Nero wasn't given a chance by anyone because Capcom messed up when they designed him to look so similar to Dante and Vergil.

Ye... But i feel they did it to not make the change to harsh and stop fallout like they have now.

That is why it puzzles me why they suddenly decide to go a completely different route.

CheapPoison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By CheapPoison

@Sooty said:

The only thing I find offensive about new DMC is that they are using new Dante in PlayStation all stars when A) it's not an exclusive game and B) only old Dante appeared in the originally exclusive to PS2 DMC 1-3 games.

Now that is dumb, but not as dumb as the Big Daddy appearing as a character, even though that game used to be an Xbox exclusive. Wat.

I guess that was a condition from capcom to use dante, to use the new dante to spread awarness/ make people adapt to the new one cause that is the one that will hit store shelves. They get very little out of promoting the old dante. And it seems Sony doesn't have many options and they have to take what they can get. As like you mentioned they have a big daddy in there, and not having crash bandicoot..

Also i am replying to this thread to much.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By musubi
    @FLStyle

@CheapPoison said:

@FLStyle said:

@CheapPoison said:

@FLStyle said:

Well it is basically hinted at that he is vergils child so..... That would make sense.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#27  Edited By Yummylee

@Demoskinos said:

@FLStyle

@CheapPoison said:

@FLStyle said:

@CheapPoison said:

@FLStyle said:

Well it is basically hinted at that he is vergils child so..... That would make sense.

Or that he was the reincarnation of him or.... fuck, who cares, the old DMC fiction was such a mess anyway.

The trailer is pretty great in any case, and I already prefer this rendition of Vergil. I mean original Vergil made for an awesome villain, but he was incredibly one-dimensional; like, he wanted to bring open up the portal to the demon world because... well, he's evil and wants power blaaaaaaaaah. Not to say that he's suddenly going to become the next Andrew Ryan in DmC, but at least he'll have some sort of understandable arc if the illusions of him being forced to oppose Dante because of Kat hold true. It looks like they've turned him into some sort of extremist freedom fighter, choosing to look at the 'big picture' for the 'greater good' regardless of any casualties that may result of it, which could make for a great villain.

Overall, I'm really into the style of the game; the writing looks like it'll, naturally, be a whole heap better as well and for once I'm actually interested in the story of an upcoming DmC game.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Ya know, I wasn't sure what to think about this. I was never one of those 'whining fans,' but I always felt a re-imagining of this series was a little unnecessary, but fuck me. Okay, Ninja Theory, I am totally 100% fucking on board. This trailer was awesome and sold me on the game. I haven't always been a fan of NT's stories despite the praise they get, but the cutscenes look stunning and like this could easily be their best game yet. Bravo you fuckers...you win.

zungerman090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By zungerman090

Video games... When every sequel is the same, people complain that it is repetitive and stale. When something new is done, people complain that it is too different. Just wait till it is out, read the reviews and try it out if you like what you see. Then pass judgement. Personally, I like the way it looks. DMC was cool when I was 13 to be honest. After I grew up, it just became embarrassing. Especially the corny dialogue. At least it seems that they are trying harder with this one. That is only in regards to the story. Not exactly sure whether they changed this game's mechanics, but as long as I can pull off ridiculously long combos, I am happy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.