Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Doom Eternal

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Mar 20, 2020

The direct sequel to the 2016 installment of Doom. Hell’s armies have invaded Earth. Become the Slayer in an epic single-player campaign to conquer demons across dimensions and stop the final destruction of humanity.

QuakeCon Footage

ht101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

That footage they just showed was ridiculous. Hugo and Marty did a great job hyping it up and I can't wait to play it. What was your favorite part of the footage that was shown? The BFG 10,000 was amazing.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Looks like Doom is making good on the premise of Brink from many years ago. Smooth parkour-like movement integrated into satisfying shooting mechanics.

Not sure how much I'm loving the hell-cities to be honest, but the space station segment, especially dragging the techs badge onto the scanner, was pretty rad.

Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 86

I really like the implications of the grappling hook: move around the arena faster, close gaps faster, kill demons faster, more freedom of vertical movement, pairing it with double jumps to string together aerial combos, etc. There's also a quick dash move for dodging enemies and projectiles, which will allow you to dance with even more speed and intensity in close quarters. Also, gatling shotgun.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm watching it right now, and oh my god, man. I'm excited in a way that I don't usually get for upcoming games anymore. (last time was, well, Doom '16)

It's like they saw everything I personally wanted from Eternal, and said "Yeah, okay!". The even goofier tone without going into full-on farce, the expanded traversal, the battle damage, more OTT weapons, some classic-skin versions of enemies, more wholly original enemies, invasions(!?)... and did they hint at a section set in a Diablo-esque heaven? Eternal legit feels like a hyper-ambitious fangame. I'll share some more thoughts as I watch:

Interested by them saying "they're building a Doom universe". Sounds like they fully intend to keep making Doom games in this continuity, and I am soooo okay with that.

"Warning: Slayer threat level at maximum"... HA!

The music is fantastic and chaotic, as expected.

The Arch-Vile looks AMAZING.

The surprising length and transparency of the gameplay demo makes me wonder if this game won't be out sooner than I thought. Of course, if it's like '16, the game will be like 20 hours long, so...

Boba7heFett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It really was a fantastic demo. The first time he shot out that grapple hook I lost it. The shoulder launcher, the flamethrower, the wrist blade, coop-invasions!, air-dash/side-step, the hell sword right at the end! So much cool new stuff I can't wait to get hands on. Still has that great badass/really dumb attitude they nailed in the first one like when slammed the head of a demon into its chest hahaha.

Environments look huge. I don't remember anything from the first game coming close to the map they pulled up. Maybe I should play it again just to make sure.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The side dodging looks great and a much welcome addition to the already high-mobility of the first game. Being able to juke back and forth from side to side is going to be awesome in a game that has moving projectiles to dodge.

big_denim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@boba7hefett: I kept seeing that gun in the top left corner pop up ocassionally and I'd keep thinking 'WTF was that?' And then it finally turned on and revealed itself as a flame thrower and/or missile launcher. I lost it 0_o

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm glad that they're keeping the tongue-in-cheek humour and going even further with it, judging from that scene with the shocked NPCs as you waltz through.

Boba7heFett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@big_denim: doom slayer is too angry to waste time throwing grenades he needs both them hands at all times

mikewhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some of the new weapons / enemeies remind of Quake 1, which is awesome.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

It looks so fucking good.

Loading Video...
    Loading Video...
    Loading Video...

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By nicksmi56

Switch version confirmed!!

Crap, I still need to play the first one! Too many games to play!

Avatar image for militantfreudian
    militantfreudian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I think I may have been grinning throughout the second demo. Seems like the hook will make the super shotgun the default weapon for me.

I love the moment the map was shown. The level is more complex than anything from the last game. And the locations they teased look very cool.

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks fucking fantastic.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@militantfreudian: interesting that they decided to keep that minimalistic map design.

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
    deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GOTY 2019.

Not really sure why they felt the need to separate a "mouse & keyboard" demo from the other footage. Motion sickness?

Loving the new mobility. Air dashes!

The Invasions system could be really cool.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.