Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dota 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jul 09, 2013

The official free-to-play sequel to the Warcraft III custom scenario that originally popularized the Multiplayer Online Battle Arena sub-genre.

Should I switch from league to DOTA

Uppercaseccc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Uppercaseccc

A little about me I love LoL for a while I was playing daily that was like maybe 3-4 years ago now not so much. I also love watching DOTA 2 specifically TI and for a long time when it still happened Daily DOTA was my favorite feature on the site so I have alwayes had a passing intrest in DOTA. I should also not that I'm not that good at League I only really play 2 champions "well" Yi and Annie for reference and I also use the camera lock and I usually dont win unless my friend is carrying me. As I have been playing less LoL by deffintly wanting to play a MOBA and with TI coming up ,and also inspired by the Pack-man story of how he switch to dota I gotta ask is it time that I switch and do you guys have any advice if I do deiced to switch?

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Try it and see if you like it? It's a free game so it's not like you have to make an irrevocable decision. Just play like 5-10 hours of DOTA and if you're enjoying it more than League, continue, and if you're not stop. I realize 5-10 hours is not enough to Git Gud but it should be enough to give you an idea whether you like Dota's style vs. League.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

#3  Edited By liquiddragon

Isn't that like...treason?

DirtyRandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DirtyRandy

I would only say you should do it if you're comfortable with coming to the conclusion that League is actually a really bad game. Or at least, a really bad moba. I started off playing League, and once I switched to dota, I started to see that so many of the things that dota does differently are objectively better for the gameplay goals of the genre. I wont go into that here, because I don't want to color your opinion.

Some people find that they can still enjoy playing League after switching, but I know that it kills it for some people.

As far as advice... I'd say start off by watching some videos that break down the roles a bit. There are a few roles that are very different between the games. Buying items is a very different thing since you can't just TP back to base for free and you buy some items at different places on the map, and you have a courier. Then, I'd say look at the related videos/comments to these topics, and try to build up an understand of how things work together. Play some games, then watch some more videos and play more.

They're very different games. But I think that dota is a more rewarding and entertaining experience overall, and it's worth the effort. If you're going to play a traditional moba, I really think it should be dota.

glhf

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You should switch to Smite,a REAL multiplayer online battle arena

DirtyRandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mems1224 said:

You should switch to Smite,a REAL multiplayer online battle arena

Ehh Smite is pretty bad. And the player base is going to drop off drastically as Paragon gets better. Not really worth the time investment at this point.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

You'll have to break that camera lock habit. Otherwise, what @dirtyrandy said is pretty good.

Dota is pretty objectively a better game, but it might not be the game for you. If you try Dota for whatever length of time you decide to invest and still prefer League, don't feel bad about it.

WasabiCurry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By WasabiCurry

I would say that you should give it a whirl to see if it is your cup of tea. It takes a good bit to adjust as there are many nuances in Dota that isn't in League. Plus the worst thing that can come from it is that you downloaded, tried it, but didn't enjoy it as much as League. I am pretty sure there is a giant bomb group for Dota, but I haven't heard much from them in a good while.

DanishingAct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you want a moba with last hits, might I suggest Paragon? Huge update coming in the next week (?) that looks like a great spot to jump in on. Totally rework of the upgrade system and a bunch of other massive upates.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Sure, give it a try. If you find you don't like DOTA you can always go back to League if you want.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.