Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age II

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Mar 08, 2011

This sequel to Dragon Age: Origins features faster combat, a new art style, and a brand new, fully voiced main character named Hawke.

Did Bodahn Feddic just reveal DA3's setting? *spoilers*

Cornman89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Cornman89

In Act 3, Bodahn Feddic tells Hawke that he and Sandal will soon leave for Orlais, as the Orlesian Empress has requested Sandal's expertise in her court.

I think Bioware is treating Bodahn and Sandal somewhat like Square Enix treats Cid in the Final Fantasy games. If this is the case, and Bodahn and Sandal will provide goods and enchantments to every Dragon Age protagonist (as far as a dwarf's natural lifespan permits, at least), then it seems plausible that the next game will take place wherever they are: Orlais. And considering the events of DA2, it might make sense to place a sequel at the heart of the Chantry.

What do you guys think? Will the next Dragon Age game follow Bodahn and Sandal to Orlais?

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Nottle

An interesting theory. Seems likely that Orlais will be visited. Sandal seems like a character they will explain more. I hope he's a party member. That would be crazy.

Dustpan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By Dustpan

There was also Alistair telling Hawke about shit hitting the fan in Orlais.

unchained

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By unchained
    @Cornman89:  Very interesting tidbit you picked up. I think you are right.  
    @Nottle said:
    " An interesting theory. Seems likely that Orlais will be visited. Sandal seems like a character they will explain more. I hope he's a party member. That would be crazy. "  

Dude! Sandal as a party member would be really cool. 
    Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Nottle
    @Unchained: For some reason I always imagined him becoming a mage and there would be a scene where Bodahn dies or something then Sandal want's revenge and kills 100 darkspawn.
    Cornman89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Cornman89
    @Nottle:
    No Caption Provided
    project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By project343

Makes complete sense. Was hoping for Tevinter Imperium though. I loves me some mages. 

I think Orlais would drive me crazy though--too many French accents.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ryanwho

More likely, that's an expansion setting. I also hope Sandal ends up becoming the ultimate evil. I'm trying to remember if they mentioned going to DA Awakening's setting in DAO.

Cornman89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Cornman89
    @ryanwho: Not in so many words. Anora/Alistair did mention that the Arling of Amaranthine would go to the Grey Wardens. And the epilogue mentioned roving bands of intelligent Darkspawn to the north.
    Mike76x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Mike76x

It would have to be Orlais eventually at least.

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By CenturionCajun

Seems reasonable. I would imagine they want to work their way through the world before having to repeat themselves. They still have Orlais and the entirety of the northern reaches of the continent.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#12  Edited By ArbitraryWater

That seems plausible, considering the fat cliffhanger at the end of DAII that totally leaves room for an expansion and maybe some Shadow Broker esque DLC.

Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Cataphract1014
    @ryanwho said:
    " More likely, that's an expansion setting. I also hope Sandal ends up becoming the ultimate evil. I'm trying to remember if they mentioned going to DA Awakening's setting in DAO. "
    At the very end of the game the person you made ruler gives the wardens Amaranthine, but that's all I remember.
    Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 13

#14  Edited By Chris2KLee

Orlais seems possible, there are hints throughout the game that game that the political situation there is getting heated. Also the ending ot the game makes me think that a visit is definitely in the future.

Vaile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Vaile

That's exactly what I was thinking, especially since Bodahn never actually leaves Hawke, and there's no other reason for him to say it.

nexas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By nexas

I remember everyone saying that DA2 was going to take place in Orlais, and that didn't happen. Also I don't find the idea of all the characters having French accents very appealing.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By shirogane

The game seems to point to Orlais being a major spot for stuff happening. I'm pretty sure Seeker woman is from Orlais, i mean, that accent. And the character she was working for in my game. 

There is seriously something up with Sandal, first time you meet him in this game he's standing around a whole bunch of dead darkspawn and a frozen ogre. And apparantly an old lady comes to his bed at night and stares at him. I wonder who THAT could be...
    damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#18  Edited By damswedon

Lets see, 

• Bodahn says they are moving there.
    • Alistair/ Anora says there is infighting.
    • Val Royeaux is in Orlais.
    • Val Royeaux is where the Divine lives with The Seekers.
    • David Gaider has said they have entertained the idea of Cassandra being a core part of the next story.
    I'm going to guess that Dragon Age III is set in Orlais with IV being set in the Tevinter Imperium and concerning Morrigan, Flemeth and the Qunari.
    rawrnosaurous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By rawrnosaurous
    @Shirogane:@damswedon: 

The chantry seeker isn't from Orlais she's from Navarran as in the Navarran dragon hunters that made the Dragons nearly extinct.
    damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#20  Edited By damswedon
    @Rawrnosaurous: I never said that she was but she is part of The Seekers ad they seem like they are more militaristic than the faction of spies that we are made to think.
    Mike76x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Mike76x

Whoever we are in DA3 is probably going to land right in the middle of that.
    LinksOcarina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#22  Edited By LinksOcarina
    @damswedon said:
    " Lets see, 
    • Bodahn says they are moving there.
    • Alistair/ Anora says there is infighting.
    • Val Royeaux is in Orlais.
    • Val Royeaux is where the Divine lives with The Seekers.
    • David Gaider has said they have entertained the idea of Cassandra being a core part of the next story.
    I'm going to guess that Dragon Age III is set in Orlais with IV being set in the Tevinter Imperium and concerning Morrigan, Flemeth and the Qunari.
    "
    compound the fact that the ending of the game, depending on choices, will likely end up in a civil war between two certain factions and the likelyhood of an Exalted March will be called....id say Oralis is a prime target.
    Horry43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By Horry43

It seems like the logical step for them to go in and I hope it is the case. By previous descriptions of Orlais it seems to be quite the beautiful place... this would be a nice change from Kirkwall- ugliest RPG city ever.

tallTuck94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24  Edited By tallTuck94

another slightly smaller hint is when you save the grey wardens from the qunari they say something big is happening in orlais so they definitely can't leave the troubles in orlais happening with all these hinting at it 
    i also think that bioware are gonna have bodahn and sandal in each full dragon age game 
    also i love the french accents they have, as long as it means more cassandra i'm all for it

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@damswedon: To me, the Seekers seem like Internal Affairs, or the Military Police.  The Templars are the right, but the Seekers are the left.

And being that the Templars have abandoned the Chantry to fight an unsanctioned war against the mages, I'm sure the Chantry in general is prepared to call for an Exalted March on both of them.
    Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#26  Edited By Tennmuerti

Very very likely.
     Considering also that Orlais is the centre of chantry power (outside of Tevinter faction) and that's where seekers are from (Leliana and the other french chick in the cutscenes)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.