Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age II

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Mar 08, 2011

This sequel to Dragon Age: Origins features faster combat, a new art style, and a brand new, fully voiced main character named Hawke.

Own Dragon Age II - Get Mass Effect 2 for PC for Free!

• 75 results
    PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By PhatSeeJay

For you guys who buy, or have bought, Dragon Age II but have yet to try Mass Effect II, or would just like to have it on the PC, here's your chance.

Dragon Age II have sold over 1 Million copies and to celebrate this, Bioware have issued a limited time offer (expires April 30th) in which you get a free download code for Mass Effect 2 via EA Download Manager.
    All you have to do is go to this website and redeem your online code for Dragon Age II and voila, a PC version of Mass Effect 2. And it's specifically the PC version, the console versions of Dragon Age II will redeem a PC version regardless. 

@Bioware

said:

"Thanks to gamers like you, Dragon Age II is off to a great start – breaking the 1 million mark in less than two weeks and faster than Dragon Age: Origins. We appreciate your support. As a special thank you for helping with the game's early success, BioWare would like to present you with a download code for 2010's Game of the Year, Mass Effect 2 on PC. As always, we sincerely appreciate your support and passion as we remain focused on delivering quality interactive experiences now and in the future. Look for more exciting things coming from Dragon Age, Mass Effect, and Star Wars: The Old Republic in the future, including our recent launch of Mass Effect 2 Arrival DLC. "

"

Also note that Cerberus Network WILL be included when you redeem your key now.

"

1. Does my copy of Mass Effect 2 include the Cerberus Network content?

Cerberus Network is included and will be entitled to the account used to redeem your Dragon Age II Online Pass. This includes Zaeed - The Price of Revenge, Cerberus Weapon and Armor, Normandy Crash Site, Cerberus Arc Projector, and Firewalker Pack. Visit the offer page to download the necessary files.

"

Blackout62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Blackout62

In other words a lot of people who already bought ME2 will have extra copies to try and give away before April 30th. That being said who'd like a free copy of Giantbomb's 2010 Game of the Year?!

Edit: Gave my code already, don't come asking.

Avatar image for coheedfavorhouse
    CoheedFavorHouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By CoheedFavorHouse

i dont suppose they come in Mac versions, do they?

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By melcene

BioWare invites you to participate in our Sequel Celebration!

Thanks to gamers like you, Dragon Age II is off to a great start – breaking the 1 million mark in less than two weeks and faster than Dragon Age: Origins. We appreciate your support. As a special thank you for helping with the game's early success, BioWare would like to present you with a download code for 2010's Game of the Year, Mass Effect 2 on PC. As always, we sincerely appreciate your support and passion as we remain focused on delivering quality interactive experiences now and in the future. Look for more exciting things coming from Dragon Age, Mass Effect, and Star Wars: The Old Republic in the future, including our recent launch of Mass Effect 2 Arrival DLC

To qualify and get your Mass Effect 2 PC download code, please follow these steps before April 30, 2011 at 11:59pm PDT:
    1. Activate the Online Pass content that came with your copy of Dragon Age II (The Black Emporium)
    2. Start the game and log in using your EA Account or create a new EA Account
    3. Visit http://social.bioware.com/me2offer and log in with that EA Account
    4. Enter your Online Pass code and click "Submit". You will then be provided the code for Mass Effect 2.
    5. Open the EA Download Manager and enter the code to commence download (if you don't have the EA Download Manager installed, it can be found here:http://eastore.ea.com/eadm)
    For more information on this and answers to any frequently asked questions, please visit:DragonAge.BioWare.com/ME2Offer.
    *Offer expires April 30th, 2011. Code expires june 30, 2011. Good only for new purchases of "Dragon AgeT II for PC, Playstation 3 or Xbox 360" ("Product"). Mass EffectT 2 is only available as a download from the EA store and only for the PC. The code for Mass EffectT 2 will be provided once the online pass is registered in game and on social.bioware.com/me2offer using the same EA account. If your Mass EffectT 2 code is not available when you register your Dragon AgeT II Online Pass onsocial.bioware.com/me2offer, please visit http://support.ea.com and click 'Contact Us'. Please allow 72 hours before contacting customer support after redeeming your online pass and logging into Dragon Age II. Offer may not be substituted, exchanged, sold or redeemed for cash or other goods or services. Valid wherever product is sold. May not be combined with any other offer, gift card, rebate or discount coupon. Void where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Internet connection, registration with enclosed serial code, acceptance of End User License Agreement (PC only) and EA account required. You must be 13+ to register for an EA account. Access to PC online features limited to one EA account. EA Privacy Policy and Terms of Service can be found at WWW.EA.COM. EA may retire online features after 30 days notice posted on WWW.EA.COM/2/SERVICE-UPDATES.
    Please know that at EA, we don't want to send you information you don't want to receive. If you no longer want us to contact you, please to unsubscribe from our mailing list. You can also write to: Privacy Policy Administrator, Electronic Arts Inc., 209 Redwood Shores Parkway, Redwood City, CA 94065

©2011 Electronic Arts Inc. All Right Reserved
    Legal Notice | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By Daveyo520

Too bad I already own ME2 on the PC and 360. I guess I could just get another way to download it in case Steam burns in a fire somehow.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By SeriouslyNow

Be aware:-

The Cerberus Network was not included in my 'Sequel Celebration' copy of Mass Effect 2.

The Cerberus Network is not included in this promotion, but is still available for purchase if you wish to access that content. For more information on the Cerberus Network, click here.

Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By Chris2KLee

Sweet, gives me another reason to play ME2 again.

omghisam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By omghisam

No Cerberus Network, so it's $15? You can buy new on Amazon for ~$15.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Daveyo520
    @omghisam said:

" No Cerberus Network, so it's $15? You can buy new on Amazon for ~$15. "

Hey you get the game for free so this isn't that big of a deal. If anyone gets pissed about this they need to remember they were given the game as a gift in the 1st place. 

Also lol, the site is getting smashed.
    The_Joker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#10  Edited By The_Joker

They are trying to sell copies of ME3 and apologize for DAII in one foul swoop.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By DeF

It's weird how people can find something negative in the fact that a major publisher like EA in conjunction with BioWare is giving away one of the most praised games of last year for FREE!

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By Oldirtybearon

This is fantabulous. I will no doubt finish the trilogy on the 360, but I've always wanted to check out the PC version as well. I've heard you can do some pretty funny stuff with it. 

Sometimes it pays off to have brand loyalty. =D

Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By Donos
    @SeriouslyNow said:
    "Be aware:-

The Cerberus Network was not included in my 'Sequel Celebration' copy of Mass Effect 2.

The Cerberus Network is not included in this promotion, but is still available for purchase if you wish to access that content. For more information on the Cerberus Network, click here.

"

Now it makes sense. 

Pretty sneaky, sis.
    abdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#15  Edited By abdo
    @Blackout62: Uh, yes please.
    Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Marz

looks like i'll have to give mine away, i already have collectors edition.     I'll probably raffle it off on youtube or something.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Pretty awesome, but I've already fully completed the first two on the 360 with my Shepard, I don't much feel like doing it all again..  plus I'd need to buy all the DLC. 
    But yeah, can't really complain about getting it for free.

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By Skald
    @SeriouslyNow said:
    " Be aware:-

"
    I just noticed this as well- trying to recoup a little something something for themselves, eh?
    Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#19  Edited By Commisar123
    @PhatSeeJay: 
    thanks man wouldn't have known about this otherwise I already own it for 360 but you can never have too much mass effect
    time allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By time allen

there's always a catch/dick move.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Daveyo520
    @Toms115: Dude you get the game for free, that is a nice move. You don't need the Cerberus Network to play the game. Also 15 dollars is a lot cheaper then the full game.
    PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By PhatSeeJay

Bah. Screw the Cerberus Network! I just love this since I can fiddle with the endless mods people have made to the game now. :P

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By Yanngc33

This is the best part of Dragon Age 2 ;)

Blackout62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Blackout62

I for one approve of this new catch/dick move. But then again I approved of Project 10 Dollar so I'm probably a bad barometer of decency in the retail industry.

WitchHunter_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By WitchHunter_Z

So, who wants a free copy? I already own Mass Effect 2 on PC, so whoever wants it PM me and I'll pick someone randomly in a couple days. I'm assuming the code will work on accounts other than your own.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By AlexW00d

Now I own it on all 3 platforms.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#27  Edited By dagas

That's nice, even without the Cerberus Network. 

1337W422102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28  Edited By 1337W422102
    @SeriouslyNow said:
    " Be aware:-

"
    What does that mean?
    I'm talking to a friend of mine who has Dragon Age but doesn't need the extra copy of Mass Effect 2.  Is it possible for him to gift me the copy?
    2HeadedNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By 2HeadedNinja
    @1337W422102 said:

What does that mean? I'm talking to a friend of mine who has Dragon Age but doesn't need the extra copy of Mass Effect 2.  Is it possible for him to gift me the copy? "
    Yes it is, I just gifted it to someone. You just dont get the cerberus network code that gives you some "free" content (one additional char, some weapons and the firewalker mission pack) ... you are not missing  
    out on much though.  
    1337W422102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30  Edited By 1337W422102
    @2HeadedNinja said:
    " @1337W422102 said:

What does that mean? I'm talking to a friend of mine who has Dragon Age but doesn't need the extra copy of Mass Effect 2.  Is it possible for him to gift me the copy? "
    Yes it is, I just gifted it to someone. You just dont get the cerberus network code that gives you some "free" content (one additional char, some weapons and the firewalker mission pack) ... you are not missing  out on much though.   "
    Cool, thanks!  How does the gifting work?  After reading the offer's page, it sounds like it's tied to your EA account.  Are you given the option to tie the Mass Effect game to someone else's account or something?  Sorry for all the questions, and thanks for your help.
    StrikeALight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By StrikeALight

I have a PC. I like good games. I Win!

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

#32  Edited By tearhead

Will this be tied to my BioWare account or can I give this code to anyone? I already have ME2 on Steam, so I would like to give this away to a friend.

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By FritzDude

Nice, i guess, but why Mass Effect 2? a game everybody ow.... Oh. i answered my own question.

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By PhatSeeJay
    @FritzDude: Well. I for one is happy to get a free PC copy because I only have the 360 version.

60fps running 1920x1200. That's a good reason. :)
    seamus85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#35  Edited By seamus85

if anyone wants a free copy of mass effect 2 pm and send u the code

newhaap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#36  Edited By newhaap
    @PhatSeeJay said:
    " @FritzDude: Well. I for one is happy to get a free PC copy because I only have the 360 version.  60fps running 1920x1200. That's a good reason. :) "
    Yes! That still amazes me. I have a decent laptop but I wasn't expecting it to run Mass Effect 2 that smoothly with everything maxed out on native resolution.
    Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#37  Edited By Skald
    @Tearhead: The code will work on any account once active. 

There are some ulterior motives for sure, (Cerberus Network, DLC, EADM) but it's still pretty cool for them to give this out for free.
    Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I just bought ME2 a week after DA2.

String910

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By String910

If anybody has an online pass code to spare i'll be happy to take it.
    So please PM me if you have one.
    10x

JoeyIA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By JoeyIA
    @CoheedFavorHouse: The EA download manager only works on PC... at least that's what EA customer service just told me.
    PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By PhatSeeJay
    @newhaap said:
    " @PhatSeeJay said:
    " @FritzDude: Well. I for one is happy to get a free PC copy because I only have the 360 version.  60fps running 1920x1200. That's a good reason. :) "
    Yes! That still amazes me. I have a decent laptop but I wasn't expecting it to run Mass Effect 2 that smoothly with everything maxed out on native resolution. "
    Yep. It hops down to 40 on occasion but I'm never below 30.  Also.. There's the mod community! My new Shepard using Ashley's skin texture.

Oh Hai.
     Oh Hai.
    rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By rjayb89

I have a code that I don't need, so PM me I guess? Don't reply to me in this thread. PM me. Or else. 

Edit: It's gone now.

achoyq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By achoyq

Thanks! I'm planning to buy DA2, this is a good deal.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks by the way, though.  I can give this copy to my brother.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Enigma777

Hey this is great! My current PC probably can't run ME2 but I plan to upgrade soon, so it will be a nice game to test out the hardware with. Anyone know if you can download it unlimitedly or is it a one time use only? Also does the code have an expiration date?

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By PhatSeeJay
    @Enigma777 said:
    " Hey this is great! My current PC probably can't run ME2 but I plan to upgrade soon, so it will be a nice game to test out the hardware with. Anyone know if you can download it unlimitedly or is it a one time use only? Also does the code have an expiration date? "
    Code need to be redeemed into your EA downloader before the 30th. But once you have, it's yours and you can download it how many times you want from the downloader.
    Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Enigma777
    @PhatSeeJay:  Perfect! Thanks for clarifying.
    2HeadedNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By 2HeadedNinja
    @1337W422102 said:
    " @2HeadedNinja said:
    " @1337W422102 said:

Yes it is, I just gifted it to someone. You just dont get the cerberus network code that gives you some "free" content (one additional char, some weapons and the firewalker mission pack) ... you are not missing  out on much though.   "
    Cool, thanks!  How does the gifting work?  After reading the offer's page, it sounds like it's tied to your EA account.  Are you given the option to tie the Mass Effect game to someone else's account or something?  Sorry for all the questions, and thanks for your help. "
    You pal has to follow the instructions on the website and gets a code, you DL the EA downloadmanager, log in and redeem the code ... pretty simple 
    akeripper4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By akeripper4
    @PhatSeeJay said:
    " @newhaap said:
    " @PhatSeeJay said:
    Yes! That still amazes me. I have a decent laptop but I wasn't expecting it to run Mass Effect 2 that smoothly with everything maxed out on native resolution. "
    Yep. It hops down to 40 on occasion but I'm never below 30.  Also.. There's the mod community! My new Shepard using Ashley's skin texture.

Oh Hai.
     Oh Hai.
    "
    were did you find these me2 mods?
    PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By PhatSeeJay
    @akeripper4 said:

" @PhatSeeJay said:

" @newhaap said:
    " @PhatSeeJay said:

Oh Hai.
     Oh Hai.
    "
    were did you find these me2 mods? "
     http://www.masseffect2faces.com/ 
    There are tons of various faces there.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.