Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 18, 2014

Dragon Age: Inquisition is the third installment in the Dragon Age series of role-playing games developed by BioWare.

Dragon Age: Inquisition - Trespasser Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 25

#1  Edited By StarvingGamer

NOTE: This is discussion thread for Dragon Age: Inquisition - Trespasser, and by association basically everything from DA:I and associated DLC and who knows maybe someone who has read the books will chime in. Spoilers abound! You have been warned!

No Caption Provided

I bought all the story DLC for DA:I but only just got around to playing it over the past few weeks. Wrapping up Trespasser I feel like there's some cool stuff to discuss about the present and potential future of the series. I'm actually surprised no one else made a thread but then again maybe no one on GB cares about DA as much as I do.

So the quick and dirty:

• I didn't punch Solas, tried to be as understanding as I could
    • I dissolved the Inquisition and yo paragon playthrough or not I told the nobles from Orlais and Ferelden where they could shove it.

So we already knew that Solas was Fen'Harel and that Flemeth was Mythal, but now we know the actual truth (or do we!?!?!?) about his past and the elder gods and everything is just fucking nuts. Like, how unimaginably powerful is Solas, especially now that he drained the Mythal-ness out of Flemeth apparently? We know that he's setting up an army and they're ramping up the stakes for DAIV to be an extinction-level event for everyone that's not an elf. The final scene with the Inquisitor sets up Tevinter as the potential focus for the next game which makes sense since that's where a lot of the magic lives and Solas is probably going to need a lot of power to end the world. Sucks if you romanced Solas I guess.

My Inquisitor was already set on dissolving the Inquisition to spend some quality time with Josie, but after the betrayal by the elven Viddathari and Solas's agents and also Divine Victoria (Leliana) had agents too she especially didn't want to take any chances with her new quest to stop Solas. I'm not sure when/why she decided to lop off her arm or if it even will help her stave off her death sentence. The epilogue certainly didn't make it seem like that is the case.

No Caption Provided

So with only one arm it's unlikely the Inquisitor is going to be the player character for the next game and I'm glad (although I guess if you decide to become a Red Jenny it gets replaced by a crossbow-arm?). I'm really curious as to how much of a role the Inquisition is going to play in the next game. I mean, they go out of their way to point out the potential consequences of your final decisions, even though it's for an organization and group of characters that are mostly going to be cameos at best for the next game. Maybe we'll get Dorian back. Like, what does opening the Inquisition up to corruption even mean for DAIV? What does it mean if you weaken the Inquisitor's effort to stop Solas?

Lots of questions and now I am dying for any info on DAIV even though it's gotta be like a billion years away at this point.

Also what the fuck dwarves (dwarf) that can use magic? Entire dwarven kingdoms that are built inside of giant beings called titans that are asleep or something? Lyrium is titan blood!?

Shit is getting nuts y'all.

Also like, the Avvar are just a great big ripoff of the free folk yeah?

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Hopefully it's as good as Jurassic Park Trespasser. How big are the DLCs in general vs cost?

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

@fredchuckdave: First DLC was big, like a whole overworld map full of crap big. Second DLC was a lengthy dungeon. Third DLC was also a pretty lengthy dungeon but it didn't seem as large because it was divided up into several smaller pocket environments. Also you get a little hub area for some companion interactions for what they've been doing since the end of DA:I (Trespasser takes place 2 years later) and a proper "Where are they now?" ending as well. No idea how much they were priced. Website says $15 each? Worth it if you care about the lore, not worth it if you don't basically.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By NTM

Since this is about spoilers, I am not going to read it unfortunately, but I was wondering, from those that played it, how was it? I love Dragon Age. I got the first around release on PC, but didn't play it much, nor beat it until a few months before two, and it really surprised me just how superb it was. Two's demos came out, and I played all versions of it and kind of enjoyed it, but the final product came out and I didn't play that for a long time due to what I heard about it honestly, but eventually got to it, and while not as good as the first, I also really liked it; its biggest issue being the same locations I suppose. Then Dragon Age Inquisition comes out; I get it first day, and play 100 plus hours of it, so I've done everything in it minus all the war table stuff. I loved it, and arguably it's better than Origins to me. I got Jaws of Hakkon, and I was playing that during The Witcher 3. I like both games similarly, but Jaws of Hakkon wasn't great. Anyways, that's the story, and I'm just wondering what others thought of this. I have been playing a bunch of other games, so I never really thought about getting it compared to other games I purchased, but if it's something worth getting, I definitely want it.

Edit - I just bought it, alongside the descent. I had to take Arkham Knight and MGS5 though unfortunately, I was kind of still into those. I was trying to play a handful of games from this year that I liked, before the end of the year, now that I'm done with Fallout 4. Anyways, I hope people will still discuss the topic here from the OP. I'm surprised that no one else posted.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.