Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 18, 2014

Dragon Age: Inquisition is the third installment in the Dragon Age series of role-playing games developed by BioWare.

Glitches and bugs you've encountered? (Topic over 3 years old)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Honkalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

I did the Wicked Eyes & Wicked Hearts quest like probably 30 hours ago in my playthrough and it slowly dawned on me that whenever npc's and my character mention the events that transpired it doesn't match the outcome I chose.

I chose to have all three of them work together for me. But having just now gotten into the Exhalted Plains and Emerald Graves, where the npc's talk about the WE&WH events a lot, they all claim that I wholeheartedly supported Celene and that Gaspard lost and is a no factor.

It might be that the wordings are vague enough that they have the same dialogue lines for supporting Celene and choosing to have the three cooperate. Since in the cooperation scenario I guess it's IN THE MOST TECHNICAL SENSE indeed true that Celene is still empress.

fleabeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By fleabeard

My game locks up after using the respec amulet and spending the points. It took me about 4 tries since the game crashed the moment I tried to save, or when I left the menus if I spent any of the skill points. The game had no problem when I used the amulet and saved immediately after. This happened on Xbone.

MegaLombax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Had a glitch last night when I wanted to start a conversation with Vivienne at Haven, pressed X to start the conversation but instead had the character jump first before starting the conversation. This had the effect of the character stuck in a falling animation while talking to Vivienne. Even after the conversation ended the falling animation was still there, so I had my main character essentially floating around. Kinda creepy lookin. It was funny. resolved it by pressing X again to jump.

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I think everyone has the conversation locking up bug, but it happens to me pretty frequently. I also have the if you use a respec thing and get too many skills at one time the game locks up after leaving the menu. I also had a pretty hilarious dragon fight, which I uploaded to youtube.

Loading Video...

Btw immediately after this video I hit the share button assuming that like all other games when you hit share/the ps button it automatically pauses the game and when I came back I was dead lol.

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#155  Edited By HH

quick question: is there a mirror-thing in skyhold that lets you change appearance and voice?

i just got to skyhold, talked to Hawke, who took on my voice maybe, and somehow i ended up with the shitty voice i restarted the game to avoid using.

i love this game but this bullshit is about to force to me to repeat all that mountain climbing and singing and hoo-ha.

unless there's a mirror thing?

EDIT: if anyone cares the glitch occurs if you select to customize your hawke, it worked fine with the default option.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@thepickle said:

The game has crashed to desktop twice. Also, I was in one of the caves in that beach area and my crew would not follow me.

With the giant spiders? They seem to get confused by the uneven terrain in there...

I eventually figured it out. They don't follow unless you light one of the torches so you have to take on some of the enemies by yourself.

NameIsTaken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have encountered quite a few but the one that bothers me most is the quest to get Sera dissappeared. I started it but got stuck so I moved on, I figured out how to proceed much later, came back to finish and it was gone. Wasn't in my quests, wasn't in my completed quests just gone with no foreseeable way to finish

bargainben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hh said:

quick question: is there a mirror-thing in skyhold that lets you change appearance and voice?

i just got to skyhold, talked to Hawke, who took on my voice maybe, and somehow i ended up with the shitty voice i restarted the game to avoid using.

i love this game but this bullshit is about to force to me to repeat all that mountain climbing and singing and hoo-ha.

unless there's a mirror thing?

EDIT: if anyone cares the glitch occurs if you select to customize your hawke, it worked fine with the default option.

There is no mirror thing, you're stuck with the shit voice.

Its disconcerting how often the game is crashing for me at the title screen and basically nowhere else.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

The game now keeps hardlocking for me every time I try to sit judgement on...um the noble who tried to kill Celene (no idea what her name was).

I still hope they put out a patch soon, this is all getting really annoying.

Onycophagist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Someone may have mentioned this one already, (I did read most of these posts, then went TLDR and decided to post myself) but for no reason at all, my character and party will start to run as if slowed, then come to a walk, then a flat out halt. This happens everywhere now. And often. Maybe every 50 steps or so.

It started in a quest in the Emerald Graves while fighting some enemies. That one was bad because they would make a short falling animation, then stop, like a wall was in the way. I would have to bunny-hop from target to target just to fight. That bug passed, but later, after a conversation with Stroud, it happens all the time now. I thought maybe traveling a couple times would fix it but it hasnt. It happens on mounts, In towns, in the stronghold, everywhere. Blah. Its on PS4 by the way. Anyone got a fix for this?

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know if I'm just missing something or if this is actually bug, but only my Inquisitor and Dorian are gaining focus even though everyone has unlocked a focus ability by now.

Anyone else have that problem or know if I'm just not seeing something obvious?

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

1. I've had the game go all T-pose on me about 5 times in 40 hours.
    2. Multiple times I've had npc walk to the edge of a ledge and...keep walking. They just keeping walking on air, until they hit the end of the skybox.
    3. I got knocked into water and got caught in an infinite loop of respawning. By that I mean the loading icon was forever there, and the screen kept fading out and back in. Then it auto-saved, and I had to reload an hour back.
    4. Crash to desktop 5 times in 40 hours.
    5. My character will go completely cross-eyed and look into the sky while speaking. It is fuckin' hilarious, happened 2 times so far, once while talking to Varric, once wandering Hinterlands.
    6. Unable to build focus, have to reload.
    7. Unable to switch to party members, have to reload.
    8. Main characters not spawning into the game world. This happens a lot, the icon will be on the mini-map, and you can collide with the air where they should be, but they aren't there. Have to reload, very annoying.
    9. Health bars disappearing once enemy is knocked down, unable to determine if dead.

Also, this happened.

Loading Video...

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sessh: Make sure the ability is equipped on their hotbar, it won't build if not.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doctordonkey: Obvious enough, but of course I missed it. Thanks.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's a new one that almost made me quit the game (I'm on PC): I got stuck in a state of "kind of in combat" in Crestwood. Meaning I could mount up, plant flags etc., but I could not fast travel to Skyhold. Manually going to one of the "leave area" places marked on the map was met with a "You cannot leave while in combat" message. All of my auto-saves were in Crestwood and my last manual save was 15 hours ago. I almost just said fuck it and quit. I managed to get out of Crestwood purgatory by traveling to the very edge of the map, in an unmarked location near the spawn area, and I could finally leave. I am making way more manual saves now.

My suggestion for people to avoid this: before doing the quest where Sera says something about a stash, make a manual save before doing it. She brings you to some weird evening version of Crestwood (not raining and not sunny) to do something, and if the dude you are suppose to talk to despawns or whatever (this is what happened to me), your version of crestwood is forever stuck in this weird time of day, and the quest cannot be completed. If this happened on a companion I care about (could not give a toss about Sera, fuck her), I would pretty pissed.

Honkalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By Honkalot

When fighting the dragon in the Hinterlands:

1. Varric stepped on an angry stone, that launched him about 200 meters up into the air. This is him after falling half the way down again. (He did not stick the landing).

No Caption Provided

2. When the dragon was about down to about 30% it flew away and came back with 100% after combat had disengaged and the battle had somehow reset. Oh joy.

Acaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Best bug I had was when I rolled a new character and skipped the cut scenes just after you make your character. The game loaded the area those scenes happen in, which is just a massive valley with a huge ramp you can't climb too far up (the one you run up) and a raised island (the one your character stands up on). Oh and in this area you are invincible, you can jump off the highest area of the island all you want, health won't go below 50.

Onycophagist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok so now I have another problem that makes the walking issue look like a perk. When I go to fight one of the dragons in Emrpise du Lion, I lose health potions. As soon as the battle starts I go from 8/8 to 5/8. Less than a few minutes in, 4/8, 3/8 then zero. I thought I had something on equipment wise, that might be doing it but I dont. Then I thought the Dragon had an ability to maybe make me "Drop" Potions, but the healing mist and recovery potions arent affected. Its affecting my whole party. Am I missing something Here?

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This has been happening very frequently in my game all the sudden.

Loading Video...

Honkalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onycophagist said:

Ok so now I have another problem that makes the walking issue look like a perk. When I go to fight one of the dragons in Emrpise du Lion, I lose health potions. As soon as the battle starts I go from 8/8 to 5/8. Less than a few minutes in, 4/8, 3/8 then zero. I thought I had something on equipment wise, that might be doing it but I dont. Then I thought the Dragon had an ability to maybe make me "Drop" Potions, but the healing mist and recovery potions arent affected. Its affecting my whole party. Am I missing something Here?

The health potions specifically (the regular ones) are shared across your party. I won't say for certain, but it's pretty likely that your party members are guilty of thievery here! You can check the tactics section, not sure where the setting is located but there are options to limit their use of potions. I think that the default rule tells them to drink a potion when their health goes below 30%.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#171  Edited By StarvingGamer

Man, I have like 100+ hours in the game and haven't had anything like what you guys are experiencing.

@honkalot said:

@onycophagist said:

The health potions specifically (the regular ones) are shared across your party. I won't say for certain, but it's pretty likely that your party members are guilty of thievery here! You can check the tactics section, not sure where the setting is located but there are options to limit their use of potions. I think that the default rule tells them to drink a potion when their health goes below 30%.

I'd be amazed if he made it this far without his party members using potions.

Avatar image for thelastgunslinger
    thelastgunslinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

I've got a new one. Every time I try to start the romance scene with Dorian the game crashes (this is on Xbox One).

Gay sex broke my game.

Honkalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New hot bug. I was killing one of the minor sidequest guys that Cassandra wanted dead and she died during the fight. When her character model stood up again it had no animation and was stuck in combat unlike the rest of the party. It also had no health bar, basically she was a zombie.

Tried zoning and a save/load with no difference. Worked fine when I went back a save.

John1912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#174  Edited By John1912

@the_ruiner said:

I was playing last night and encountered my first game breaking bug. I walked into the war room and a cutscene started. I knew something was wrong when the door behind me still said "open" on it while the cutscene played. A conversation began and the wheel popped up. But I couldn't choose any of the responses. I could also go into the inventory menu and bring up the powers menu while in conversation. I was stuck and had to reload.

In addition to that it's been mostly minor bugs. People sliding sideways into place. I got stuck in a wheel barrel and had to switch characters. My favorite bug so far is having a ram spawn into the rafters of a building and watching it panic and run around above our heads. What bugs have you guys run into?

That doesnt count as game breaking. Game breaking is literally game breaking. As in no matter how many times you reloaded that section, the same error occurs every time. Preventing you from moving to the next section of the game, or completing the current section. Typically a section that is needed to complete the game, not side content. A menu hang up that causes you to reload once is just a bug. Game breaking bug/bugs should be so fucking bad, that you have legal cause to return the game for a full refund.

Ive had several of conversation hang ups, usually if I waited, or used the keyboard to pick a response it would work. Using a mouse I couldnt click on any of the responses. Also had a few side quests I couldnt start. I couldnt pick up/interact with an item needed to begin the quest line no matter what I did. Would say examine or w/e, just couldnt do anything with it.

Had a ladder that did the same thing. Wouldnt allow me to click on it. Climb would show up, but nothing would happen. Thankfully I was able to move to a collapsed stairwell 10 feet over and use it to climb/jump to the next level.

Oh suppose I had the last boss move to a new section standing above my characters. He just locked up till I got him down to w/e % needed to begin the next section of the fight. My mage was the only ranged class, had to sit there, and wail on him for 3-4 mins. Which honestly I needed, as Cole and Iron Bull fucking drank all my pots with their shitty AI/Defense.

Onycophagist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starvinggamer: I hadnt noticed till the fight with the ravenger dragon we shared potions. Guess im not that observant. Thanks for clearing that up for this lady. Thats a little bit of a bummer though seeing as when you go to replenish potions, you can see each character has their own useage amount. Like after a battle I can go to a camp and say mine says 5/8 and another party members might say 3/8. Maybe thats just a little bug in mine then.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Alright now I seem to be getting a pretty consistent bug where my warden's arms are offset to the left a bit in cutscenes so one is buried half in her body and the other is floating in mid-air. It only happens when she appears in her Masterwork Prowler Armor so it's probably connected to that.

@onycophagist: Oh yeah, that's weird. It should say the same amount for every character.

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
    Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Was in the Storm Coast yesterday when something odd happened. My party would all appear in fighting stance with their weapons drawn even when no enemies were nearby, and when I tried running, would run with normal speed in their animations, but at the pace of snails, as if drawn back by a magnet. Jumping, however, would move at normal speed. Jumping in the sea made me lower my weapons long enough to set up a new camp and call it a night, but the effect persisted the next time I activated everyone's fighting stances(by using my Evade ability to move around quicker). Hopefully it's vanished today.

mackgyver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I've had the game freeze on me at random. I can only Alt+Tab, bring up the Task Manager and force close the game, while hoping the game saved close enough to where I was.

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was in a fight with a bear in the Hinterlands and I was in control of Cassandra. I was using her shield block ability, and when it attacked her shield, instead of getting knocked back as usual, she got LAUNCHED into the air. Within two or three seconds I was already so high up I could see the entire boundaries of the Hinterlands level, and she just kept going. Eventually the Hinterlands was just a single pixel in a sea of grey. The instant I switched to a different character, she appeared beside me as if nothing had happened.

It was pretty hilarious; I really don't mind those kinds of issues with games, especially when I didn't even need to reload.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I played over 120-ish hours of this game on the PS4. Completing one full play through at just over 100 hours. And the other 20 or so hours spread over six other characters. I was given a copy of this today for Xbox One also. And I started a Qunari warrior. Something I noticed right away was that on the Xbox One version the armors for Qunari actually work. As in my appearance changed. On PS4 it never changed no matter what armor was worn. I find that odd. Also I have not had a single crash yet. I have not hit the no party chat bug either. No delayed sound when traveling between areas.

However, it looks like poop at times. I see massive pop-ins that I never saw before. Really jagged character models like its a ps1 game at times. And I constantly have this issue where I don't have the motion in the dialogue wheel. I cant make a choice to make a talking point selection. Unless I bring up the radial menu with LB, then I can make dialogue choices. But it wont continue the dialogue until I close the radial menu. Its really odd. So I've traded in one whole set of issues for a completely different set. Good job Bioware.

Honkalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By Honkalot

Just because I hold a grudge I will mention that you can now finally use the Reaver skill Rampage with one handed weapons. They fixed this in the patch but didn't mention it. So there was a period of three weeks after launch where this skill was mistakenly limited to two hander weapons. I find that's a pretty BAD thing to forget to enable when publishing a game - seems it should have come up in testing!

I am also not sure whether to play more now or wait for another patch since both dragons I've fought recently have had their health reset to max after I had brought them down to 25%. They glitch out of the game and reappear at the same position but with max health. This seems to be related to how the time flow and pausing works in the tactical view, since that was a common thing.

With those fights I also noticed how bad the player AI is at landing melee strikes against dragons in the tactical view. Using real time I land anywhere between 5 to 10 hits in the time it takes to land 1 using tactical mode. When in tactical mode I can stand right next to a limb, issue an attack order, then just press and hold the time progression button and watch my character dance around the limb for up to 10 seconds before realizing he is within reach.

Honkalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By Honkalot

They also didn't balance the RNG and I doubt they will.

There's still basically one late game sword drop, completely random, and one late game sword schematic, completely random. As far as one handed weapons goes.

Really really bummed about playing a one hander and sword character in this game. I've had two weapons since leaving White gear behind, still using my level 14-15 sword at level 19. There is one tier 2 mace that is marginally better, but at the super small dps difference why even bother.

Everything still drops purple daggers like it's raining.

TheGanjaKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've had a couple of instances where I got stuck in the environment and had to reload. The only really frightening bug I had was during a quest dungeon. My elven rogue Dankus and crew were about to unleash their holy wrath upon a few deserving heathens, so naturally I hit the touchpad to engage in that most useful of mechanics, the tactical view.

-Now, as an aside, I want to take a moment to celebrate the tactical view in all of its many facetted splendor. You see, when preparing for battle many cultures engage in some sort of ritual. Ranging from splattering the blood of livestock across the insatiably violent warriors to quiet mental exercises in order to raise awareness and calm in the face of such fierce chaos. In the Great Neo-Ganja Empire, we choose to inhale the vapors of our most sacred of herb, and it is the wonder of the tactical view that allows us to take time and partake in this, our holy ritual.-

Well now where was I? Right right... um.

WELL, uh. OH!

So I engaged tactical view, and as usual I go from character to character, assigning targets and methods to manipulate the battle, when I get to a certain character (who will not be named to save them from the embarrassment of such a misstep) they are, for reasons unknown to anyone, floating over a pool of water. A pool of water I might add that the games says characters can not exist in. As soon as I switch to this character tactical view disengages (something that actually happens seemingly at random and semi-frequently) and this character begins to plummet, and dies.

Then something both miraculous and horrifying happens. The character, like the phoenix, is reborn. The game in its panic and awe of this miracle auto-saves. But the Dragon Age gods are cruel, and without mercy the character falls to their death again. So begins a cycle so cruel, perhaps only sisyphus himself could relate.

Nothing works, and I am forced to close the application. Upon restarting and pressing continue, like a fever-dream, there our fateful sisyphus falls.

I will end this story with a word to the yet-wise. Save often, and do not overwrite. This is something I, the Ganja King, learned long ago whilst put up against far crueler worlds, and it (literally) saved me here. I had saved a mere two seconds before the auto-save, just as I went into battle, and was able to re-write time so none of this foolishness would happen again.

So says the Ganja King, in the year 420 of the Great Neo-Ganja Empire, 666th year of Burn's Sleep

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@honkalot: I get the impression they expect us to craft our own. The ones I crafted were always better than anything I found after 5 hours into the game, for any weapon type but daggers. I found a masterworks something mace that was the best one handed weapon for crafting. If using dragon materials it had something like 175 damage and 350 DPS. And since it was a masterworks you had the chance to make the numbers higher with the 40% item. And you had 3 slots for extra stats plus a rune. So I found this like 40 hours into the game. And Cassandra and Blackwall used that weapon for the next 60 hours. I never found anything better. No schematics or drops. In fact everyone in my game at around the 30-40 hour mark had their best weapons set for the rest of the game but Cole. Because I was always finding crazy powerful purple daggers everywhere.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Loading Video...
    Loading Video...

Honkalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sterling: It equates to the same thing though since the schematics required are still random. There is a tier 2 mace you can acquire with a perk but that's it as far as I've found. The rest is random.

The sense of progression is completely lost when you go literally half the game without finding anything better. I checked and the level requirement on my sword is actually 13 - I am 19. I have 1,5 areas left to explore and it doesn't feel more likely that I'll find anything better.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By GaspoweR

@thepickle said:

@the_ruiner said:

@thepickle said:

The game has crashed to desktop twice. Also, I was in one of the caves in that beach area and my crew would not follow me.

With the giant spiders? They seem to get confused by the uneven terrain in there...

I eventually figured it out. They don't follow unless you light one of the torches so you have to take on some of the enemies by yourself.

Oh that's really weird actually. That seems like a bug as well. My party would follow me even if there were no torches lit. It'd be impossible for me to take on all those spiders/darkstalkers myself in Hard. My rogue would get wrecked in 5 seconds.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@honkalot: I found tons of schematics. Those tier 2 ones you get from the perks are no where near the best ones. I'm not sure why you are not finding anything. I also bought a bunch from the dude in Val Royal and The Hissing Wastes. Not masterworks tier 3 only regular tier 3. I found so many masterworks tier 3. But maybe that was after I hit level 19. I was level 20 before I even did a single story mission after Your Heart Shall Burn. Maybe that is why. Because masterworks are tied to your level. There was a point where they just started showing up almost everywhere. So ya that is still mostly broken. I've been level 24 for so long I forgot about the loot prior to that.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

@gaspower said:

@thepickle said:

@the_ruiner said:

@thepickle said:

Oh that's really weird actually. That seems like a bug as well. My party would follow me even if there were no torches lit. It'd be impossible for me to take on all those spiders/darkstalkers myself in Hard. My rogue would get wrecked in 5 seconds.

This has happened to me in other areas, too. While I was making my way through that Orlesian defence fortress thing with the shining beam of fire, I noticed my party members weren't following and switched over to find them like this...

Loading Video...

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
    Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By Redhotchilimist

@gaspower: That's also the area where the bug I encountered with being locked in attacking stances happened. I am also a rogue, playing on hard, and my party members would keep to the highest floor while the spiders would get stuck behind columns. I used stealth and evade to move quickly through there, so maybe that's what made something bad happen.

Honkalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sterling: Ok, well I'll keep looking.

It's just that I haven't had an opportunist to upgrade in like 30-40 hours. I've 100%'ed everything except Emprise du Lion and Hissing Wastes, so hope I'll find something there. It just seems like the entire middle chunk is missing. :(

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@honkalot: Ya it pretty much is. You go from getting good loot early because what you have sucks, then nothing for a good portion of the game.To then all the sudden getting good stuff right at the end.

And ya the du Lion has some good loot. There is a keep you take over and after that you can guy amazing schematics, I just remembered that. And the merchant in the hissing wastes is hidden, you have to search for him, hes not in a camp or town or anything.

owldays20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I made an account on here just to post up my glitch experience, because I have looked everywhere online and done everything to try and fix it, with no solutions yet. And damn if it isn't the shittiest glitch I have ever come across in any game.

I have about 16 hours in with a female elf mage. About 8 or so hours into the game, the game crashed while auto-saving. I reloaded from a save, and until today I have had no other major glitch issues. Then, I continued my game from my last save file, which put me in front of my war table room in Haven before I had landed in Storm Coast. I thought this odd, because I was pretty positive I had saved the game very shortly after I had traveled to Storm Coast.

Well, I re-enter the war table room, re-unlock the Storm Coast, and re-travel to the Storm Coast. I arrive, start running around the map, and begin to notice that my abilities are all "blacked-out," as if I don't have any abilities equipped at all. I get into the battle to meet Iron Bull, and throughout the battle I cannot use any of my abilities. They continue to be blacked-out, pressing the buttons to use them doesn't work, and whenever I switch characters, that character ALSO cannot use their abilities. Oddly enough, all other AI-controlled party members can use their abilities, I as the player just can't use them.

I went into my menu and found that all my characters still had their abilities--again, they just can't be used. I tried to remap my abilities. Didn't work. I tried leaving and entering a different area: no dice. I tried loading ALL of my earlier save files...they ALL have this same problem. I tried resetting my PS3 for what good that will do, but nope. So basically, I can no longer play my own character, because I am a mage without spells, and if that doesn't screw my combat over, I don't know what will. I suppose I could keep playing my game just as an auto-attacker heavy-hitter like Iron Bull, but this is a huge handicap. As I see it, I cannot play my character any longer.

A friend of mine also suggested re-specing my abilities with a necklace item from the blacksmith? Hopefully that will work, I don't know yet.

Deathshroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well to reply to my own post I believe I may of found the source of my issue. It appears to be something to do with the audio side of the processing related to DIrectx or the graphics card processing on my GTX970 drivers. The item in game that seems to trigger the crashes the most for me is despair demons. I think it is related to the sound they process when running away that causes the issue. I have tested may times with diff save states through out the course of my playtime and even marked them and went back and have had it happen. Fight a giant Graphics hogging dragon or have a a lot of spell effects go off, no issue. run into those despair demons and I am in despair while my progress is lost and comp is rebooting. If anyone knows a fix , work around or even have had the same issue please let me know.

update-ish: Well for now I have found a work around and it is just to simply kill them ( despair demons) from range instead of close combat. Played 6 hours and closed a bunch of rifts with no crashes.

frustrated update: Well now I am running into the issue of it crashing in the Western Approach randomly . I have uninstall both the game and card drivers and made sure all related files were removed . Rolled back drivers but still have the new and old issue. I am at a stand still on what to do .

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I can't even get the game to run. I was encountering the crash-after-intro issue that then turned into crash at character creation screen. I tried several of the workarounds but with no success. The game is just broken for me and it leaves me disgruntled by the current climate and quality of games being sold.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

I've had plenty of smaller bugs, like characters bouncing up and down through the floor. Varric especially seems fucked up; dude can't stand still and is always freaking out. The game crashed on me once during a cutscene.

Besides the crashing, the two worst bugs I've encountered are when Varric ran outside of the battlefield and fell off a cliff. Myself and my two other party members went down and the game dropped our bodies on top of Varric who was essentially outside of the map (there was no way to get back to where we needed to be). The other occurred when I was fighting spiders in a cave and the pathfinding for my three party members broke, causing them to run into a nearby wall repeatedly. Whenever I switched to one of them to move them over, my Inquisitor would run straight for the same wall and just do what the others were doing. It was fucking crazy. I had to clear the cave by myself.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

So far the only thing I've encountered is that Cole's leg armor is see-through in a way. I can see inside his leg and the texture seems to be mapped on the interior. It's a weird effect but oh well.

KhoiFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just bought the deluxe digital version for the PS4 on Christmas Eve, and I can't even get the game to run. The moment I try to start the game, as soon as the loading icon appears, it crashes and I get this error code: CE-34878-0. I am not the only one that has this problem too, and it seems the only work around right now is to not download and install the patch. That doesn't sound worth it though if I will be running in glitches and bugs that were supposed to be fixed by the patch(es).

I'm really disappointed in the game I haven't even played a single second of it. I am really regretting buying it. I just hope EA and Bioware fix this issue soon because I have heard great things and would love to play it while I have a 4 day break for work for the new year.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.