Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 18, 2014

Dragon Age: Inquisition is the third installment in the Dragon Age series of role-playing games developed by BioWare.

Who else is really excited for this game?

• 77 results
    alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#51  Edited By alistercat

@newhaap: It's under NDA but there isn't much to say other than what is already known via their FAQs and such. You pick the results for choices from the previous 2 games. It's about as simple as it sounds.

MannyMAR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I'm looking forward to playing it, I just hope it turns out to be a good game. I loved the first game and thought the second was alright, but man that game had some issues I don't want to see repeated.

HotPie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

bioware has became a wait and see company for me instead of a day 1 purchase company

rahulricky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#54  Edited By rahulricky

exactly this.

I'm interested in seeing how it ends up, and I will buy it because I am a sucker, but I can't get myself to be super hyped about another Bioware game.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#55  Edited By Tennmuerti

Cautiously hopeful/skeptical. (yes both)

Will buy it regardless. Need to know for myself how it is and all that.

Draugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#56  Edited By Draugen

I am struggling to contain myself every time I think about it, which is more and more often as the hour grows more and more nigh. I loved DA2, though I freely admit it had alot of issues, and after a tumultuous relationship, ME3 and I have forgiven eachother and the love is strong, so I've not had the adverse reaction to BioWare games alot of people are describing. As far as I'm concerned, they've done no wrong by me, and they are still the only developer whose games makes my hands tremble with anticipation. So to answer your question, OP: I am...

Inresurrection

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Inresurrection

Very much looking forward to Inquisition. It's a great time of year for a fantasy action/RPG.

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Cautious optimism over here.

misquared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'M SO EXCITED, IT'S A PROBLEM.

Like really, I think I'm driving my coworkers nuts with my constant talk about it. This game looks like exactly what I want, and I can't wait to sink untold amount of hours into it.

That said, I'm weirdly nervous to hear the Bomb crew's opinion? I don't know why, them not liking it or not liking it won't impact my enjoyment of the game, but I really hope they like it... And so far they seem to range from apathy to mild dislike so far.

Dezztroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm probably getting it. I'm actually most interested in the multiplayer.

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

I've been quietly excited for this game for a while now, but I'm not going to sing its praises until I play it for myself. Bioware has lost a substantial amount of good will with me.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

In the 5 months since my previous comment I've become excited, because at this point in 2014, even a bad Bioware game sounds awesome.

onyxghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#63  Edited By onyxghost

Coming in at a solid number 3 is Dragon Age 3.

I actually played Dragon Age 1&2 to completion several times. I even read the books after Vinny said they were ok. And you know what? They were ok.

The number one and number two spots are taken by destiny and Master chief collection respectively. If you can't tell that kind of game is kind of my jam. But man, I really love me some Bioware

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hold onto your pants guise....

I'm definitely excited to play this.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By kishinfoulux

Sounds like reviews are going up a week early. That's confidence, which makes me excited. Then again I don't care about reviews I'm already sold on it.

DjTonySnark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#66  Edited By DjTonySnark

I exhausted the content out of both Dragon Age games, but I don't have a new console yet.

I'm always broke, but I've been desperately trying to save up for a PS4. If I don't get one for Dragon Age, I will sell my god damn liver for Witcher 3.

MegaLombax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The review from Polygon is up for your perusal duders!

http://www.polygon.com/2014/11/11/7134385/dragon-age-inquisition-review-ps4-xbox-one-playstation-4-pc

bargainben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By bargainben

The idea that you can "turn your brain off" on normal mode is a bit disheartening. Even if its meant as a compliment which it seems to be in the review, that's not at all what Im playing a game like this for. I'd hope the challenge levels above that do more than give the bad guys more HP and damage.

Beyond that, seems like they took a lot of qeues from Skyrim in exploration. No Skyrim didnt invent "if you can see it you can go there" but that's the game people are looking to emulate because it was successful. And that's fine, I liked Skyrim, Dragon Age with a bit of Skyrim sounds promising.

Also the Suikoden (or DA1 expansion if you preffer) stuff of recruiting hundreds of people to outfit your mini kingdom, I dig that stuff so Im pretty onboard based on that review I think.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Buncha reviews hitting. Seems very positive and hell of RPG this time. I liked Dragon Age 2 a fair bit for what it was but I'm really glad they seemed to have taken a long look at broken ass parts of that game.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bargainben: Well replayed both DA O and Awakenings and yeah it also has a turn off brain difficulties .... as always the Bioware games must be played on nightmare / hardest difficulty to have that , which is ok and allows replay value when you either just want to enjoy story or the combat. So I dont think you should worry about that duder.

bargainben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By bargainben

@bargainben: Well replayed both DA O and Awakenings and yeah it also has a turn off brain difficulties .... as always the Bioware games must be played on nightmare / hardest difficulty to have that , which is ok and allows replay value when you either just want to enjoy story or the combat. So I dont think you should worry about that duder.

I never found these games difficult. There were never enough factors in the enemies to be concerned with, every attack seemed to basically work on every foe, save the occasional encounter where magic in general or attacks in general weren't effective. So my expectations for challenge were never high. But I'd like to hit the space bar every now and then and go "shit, what now" feeling like I'm disarming a bomb and a single bad move will bring the whole thing down. I know that's not what DA is, hoping Nightmare might get close though.

triplestan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I finished reading the Polygon review and literally pumped my fist in the air. I tried so hard not to be excited, but when I saw that 9.5 at the end all my reservations disappeared. Dragon Age is one of my favorite series, so it's great to see that Bioware learned from their mistakes.

This next week is gonna be one of the longest of my life.

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By ShadyPingu

Well, looks like the game might be a hit on the professional review circuit, though DA2 also reviewed fairly well. Still, it's nice to see that the people who've played it so far liked it.

I'm curious what, say, Rorie or Vinny will have to say about it. Those are the only guys on staff I can think of who'd be into Inquisition.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Lifting the embargo a week before the game hits was a pretty baller move. Happy to see this game get such good reviews, but I'm still a little skeptical. Dragon Age 2 also reviewed well.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Played it for 30 mins, it's a little patchy on the two consoles and my demo bugged out at one point where the enemies I was fighting in an encounter hit zero health but didn't you know... die (ran out of healing item's and died as a result). It would seem performance wise Bioware haven't applied the same level of diligence that DICE did with the engine with BF4.

That being said the character models looked like they animated well and the handful of dialogue tree's saw were fairly in depth, the game seems to play sort of like Witcher 2 environmentally (hub town with a large explorable area). Really though 30min's was hardly long enough to form a proper opinion but Mike Laidlaw did say it was basically the final build.

Blackout62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#76  Edited By Blackout62

@encephalon: Patrick said in last week's Worth Reading that he was going to give it a shot. If he's reviewing it I imagine it'll come down the pipe about a week later than the rest.

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By ShadyPingu

@blackout62: Ah. Didn't know that, thanks. I'll be glad to hear Patrick out too, but as far as purchasing advice goes, I'd want to wait for someone with more experience with both the series and the genre.

Someone who'll tell me how it plays on Hard or Nightmare, basically :)

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@encephalon: Well then dont wait for Patrick´s then ... he wont play them on hard or nightmare , and probably most of the reviwers wont either .... I guess your best bet will be more of the youtuber kind of folks or an unheard off corner of the reviewing space dedicated only for rpgs.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.