Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Origins

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Nov 03, 2009

Dragon Age: Origins is an epic fantasy role-playing game featuring a rich story, personality-driven characters, and tactical, bloody combat. It is considered a spiritual successor to the Baldur's Gate series.

Anyone else think the models are a bit off?

Lamashtu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Lamashtu

I've had my issues with the fact that in the face of games like Oblivion and more recently Aion that the character creator for Dragon Age feels comparatively constrictive. While I'm having a lot of fun playing with all the dialogue options in the game, I'm a bit put off by the character models, particularly, the proportions. 

For starters, the hands on the characters seem unusually large, which is particularly annoying for an elven character that has a tad slighter build than a human character. Also, it looks like all the female characters have really broad shoulders while having sticks for arms, which is a bit off-putting if I'm honest. 

I will say, however, that despite Morrigan being the token slut romance option that she isn't ridiculously well-endowed.
    SuperBuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By SuperBuster

meh

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Diamond

Well you can't blame them too much whenever there's a game with hundreds or thousands of unique NPCs it's impossible to make them all look good, and if you just focus on the main characters it becomes even more noticeable.  I can't think of any RPG that defies that logic.

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#4  Edited By KowalskiManDown

The biggest gripe I had with the custom characters is that all of their eyebrows are arched in such a way that they always look completely zoned out. And there is no real way to change it.

And the lead character never really shows any kind of emotion whatsoever... it really takes you out of the immersion on occasions.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.