Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Origins

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Nov 03, 2009

Dragon Age: Origins is an epic fantasy role-playing game featuring a rich story, personality-driven characters, and tactical, bloody combat. It is considered a spiritual successor to the Baldur's Gate series.

Holy Crap !

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By turbomonkey138

Well Ive been getting through the game fine until now . I have to help these refuges from darkspwan but look how many there are of them . 

And that's only the ones that ran at me . There is a orange rank caster and about 6 archers in the background
     And that's only the ones that ran at me . There is a orange rank caster and about 6 archers in the background
    So i ether lower the difficulty to easy from normal or keep on dying .   

Any one done this quest before ?

BoFooQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By BoFooQ
    @turbomonkey138:

where are radcliff village?
    Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By Nictel

Blizzard, blizzard and blizzard. At least that's how I did it.

snide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By snide
    @turbomonkey138:  You're gonna run into more dudes then this! Good luck.
    guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By guiseppe

That's nothing in comparison to what awaits you further on in the game. I used a combination och Sleep and Waking Nightmare to deal with larger groups. If I could, I would deliberately miss one of them with Waking Nightmare so that I could use Horror on him while he was sleeping, which means instant death in many cases :D.

Von

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Von

Indeed, I got to a point in the game where more or less the whole minimap was swarming with red. Felt like the Aliens movie, and I could just about hear my main whimper "game over, man. Game over!".   

Teran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By Teran

You need to think about how to approach these battles, this isn't a game where you can just right click and get automatic kills on every fight.  You need to pause frequently, issue orders, drink potions before you're nearly dead, you need to crowd control the enemies, build your party to your play style.  I personally like flexibility and stability so I run with two tanks, a mage who can provide minimal healing, and a bard/ranger to provide crowd control or light dps, and a 5th group mate in the form of an animal.  It's worked quite well for me and on normal difficulty it's rare for me to lose a fight and those I do lose generally involve a mage or multiple mages.  To counter this I've collected and armor set that reduces spell damage by ~80%.

taccyp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By taccyp

Be a mage with AOE spells and kill them all in a matter of seconds.

phonics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By phonics

Mind Blast, cone of cold, focus dps....

How did you get this far in the game?

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10  Edited By Seppli

Main is a two-hand specc warrior. I run usually with Wynne, Morrigan and Liliana. All the utility. Tons of crowd control. Good dmg.

If somebody has too much aggro - kite the fuckers. If there are casters, either nuke 'em or cc them. Even better, do both. AoE works well on casters too, because they usually try to move out of it, during which they can't cast shit. Enough time for the rest of the gang to fuck up a the enemy non-casters.

You just got to have all the utility in your group and use it to the fullest. Though I got to admit. I switch to casual after dying a couple of times, then I turn normal or even hard on until the next cockblock encounter. Did most bosses on hard. They feel well balanced. It's just the fucking casters. If you aren't doing a level appropriate quest (which isn't indicated in any way) on hard and run into casters, they might oneshot your entire party - which is a fucking joke.

Nontheless - I love the game... and Morrigan ;P - best female videogame character ever!

Avatar image for deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c
    deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That Shattering Prison spell or whatever it is SUCKS when you're on the recieving end. More often than not, if you're not full health, it's going to kill you.

Usually when I encounter mages (I'm a Primal mage myself (Primal? Is that right?)) I freeze/petrify/paralyse them and kill them as fast as I can while my other party members deal with the melee folk. A mage can take down your party so quick (or put them in a position where it's easy for the melee mobs to take you down fast) that it seemed worth doing to me. Chain lightning hurts.. a lot.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.