Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Origins

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Nov 03, 2009

Dragon Age: Origins is an epic fantasy role-playing game featuring a rich story, personality-driven characters, and tactical, bloody combat. It is considered a spiritual successor to the Baldur's Gate series.

How easy is it to Platinum Dragon Age?

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ravensword

Is it like Oblivion?, where you can get all the acheivments jsut by beating the game and completing different factions quests? or is it one of those games where you have to complete certain things like "get 3 kills at the same time with one explosion". I hope its like oblivion, because that was easy to get all 1,000 GS.
    TimeWaffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By TimeWaffle

not very easy because some of the achievements are get a level 20 for each class and do 250 damage with your main

delta_ass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By delta_ass

Is level 20 the max? Cause that's actually pretty low for an RPG.

TimeWaffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TimeWaffle
    @Delta_Ass: i Don't know but it beat at level 18 and i was about 30 hours into it
    veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5  Edited By veektarius

There's no level cap, but 20 isn't particularly low when you take into account that this is made by a company coming from a D&D background, where 20 is often the limit.  Anyway, 20 is about how far you'll get and that's the highest level there's an achievement for.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c
    deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Yeah I finished the game at level 20, but you can definitely go much higher.

jimbo_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#7  Edited By jimbo_n

Achievements/Trophies are not hard but some are VERY time consuming. There were no one Achievement I saw and went "I´ll never be able to do that". It was more of a "I dont think I´ll ever have the time to do that". 
    Every single one of them are totally doable but its going to take several playthroughs and alot of dedication.  
    Experience every possible romance, get every possible ending, get all possible party members, complete all the origin stories e.t.c 
    Avatar image for deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c
    deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All possible party members is easy enough... you should be able to do that on your first playthrough really. Every possible ending probably isn't so easy..

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By EvilTwin

You can get 20 with every character by exploiting a glitch very early on in the game.  If that's your thing. 

Teran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By Teran

Do people really play games like this just to get a trophy?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#11  Edited By Hailinel
    @Khann said:
    " All possible party members is easy enough... you should be able to do that on your first playthrough really. Every possible ending probably isn't so easy.. "
    Not really.  I actually ended up fighting and killing Wynne near the start of the Circle Tower.  So much for getting her in my party.
    CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12  Edited By CenturionCajun

Many of the achievements/trophies can be earned through clever saving if you're into that sort of thing. Namely the main story achievements that require you to make a pivotal choice one way or another. Just make a save before you make the choice, make one, then load and make the opposite. Voila! 

As for everything else it will most likely take you a minimum of three playthroughs to get them all. It's definitely doable but will take up a rather significant chunk of your life.

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By vidiot

How does the PC version handle achievements/trophies? I'm getting a new PC in the next few days, and I'm mighty curious.

KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#14  Edited By KamasamaK
    @vidiot: Not sure what you mean by handle, but there's a list of them here. I believe they are internal and not part of an achievement ecosystem like Steam or GFWL.
    Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Oblivion had some of the worst achievements/trophies ever.  Far, far too boring.  I don't like ones that are so hard most people are never going to get them, but the ones in Dragon Age at least require some effort, and they're not as tedious as the Mass Effect ones either.

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16  Edited By CenturionCajun

On the upside however Mass Effect's achievements gave bonuses to very stats and skills in the game. That doesn't seem to have made its way into Dragon Age.

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By maxszy

Naw, level 20 isn't the limit but for this game that is a high level. I'm definitely not done with the game, still have quite a bit to go but I'm level 13 and probably will be somewhere around level 20 by the time that I complete it. I think the official guessing is that most players with be around 18-20ish when completing the game. So while 20 doesn't sound that high, for this game it is.
    vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By vidiot
    @Kamasama said:
    " @vidiot: Not sure what you mean by handle, but there's a list of them here. I believe they are internal and not part of an achievement ecosystem like Steam or GFWL. "
    So there is no way to view them online?
    KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By KamasamaK
    vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By vidiot
    @Kamasama said:
    " @vidiot: Actually, I have yet to try it but they're supposed to be viewable on BioWare's social website. "
    Thanks a million.
    If they are viewable online...(*looks at giantbomb achievements page, ponders*)
    Galbrezu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Galbrezu
    @Delta_Ass said:
    " Is level 20 the max? Cause that's actually pretty low for an RPG. "
    There is no max at all, and no, 20 is not low for a western RPG.
    Avatar image for nifflemuvpa7quab
    NiffleMuvpa7Quab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By NiffleMuvpa7Quab

25 is the cap
    Bhouse563

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By Bhouse563
    @NiffleMuvpa7Quab said:
    " 25 is the cap "
    It has been stated repeatedly on the Bioware forums by devs that there is no hard cap. So no, 25 is not the cap.
    delta_ass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#24  Edited By delta_ass
    @Galbrezu said:
    " @Delta_Ass said:
    " Is level 20 the max? Cause that's actually pretty low for an RPG. "
    There is no max at all, and no, 20 is not low for a western RPG. "
    Well, WoW had a cap of 60 at launch. 

Mass Effect had a cap of 60. 

Oblivion had no real level cap.
    Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#25  Edited By Cerza
    @Bhouse563 said:
    " @NiffleMuvpa7Quab said:
    " 25 is the cap "
    It has been stated repeatedly on the Bioware forums by devs that there is no hard cap. So no, 25 is not the cap. "
    Yes 25 is the cap. Either depatch your game and exploit the glitch with Duncan for the darkspawn blood to get never ending easy xp or open the command console if you have the pc version and type runscript addxp 100000000 and you will hit 25 and see you can't go any further. Not that it really matters with the exploit in the current patch that lets you give yourself infinite stat points to distribute. 

In regards to getting all the achievements, no it's not easy. Such as the achievement for killing the high dragon. Yea, good luck with that...
    Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26  Edited By Ineedaname
    @Cerza said:
    " @Bhouse563 said:
    " 25 is the cap "
    It has been stated repeatedly on the Bioware forums by devs that there is no hard cap. So no, 25 is not the cap. "
    Yes 25 is the cap. Either depatch your game and exploit the glitch with Duncan for the darkspawn blood to get never ending easy xp or open the command console if you have the pc version and type runscript addxp 100000000 and you will hit 25 and see you can't go any further. Not that it really matters with the exploit in the current patch that lets you give yourself infinite stat points to distribute.   In regards to getting all the achievements, no it's not easy. Such as the achievement for killing the high dragon. Yea, good luck with that... "
    It states in the manual itself "There is no hard cap on the number of levels"
    Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#27  Edited By Cerza
    @Ineedaname said:
    " @Cerza said:
    " @Bhouse563 said:
    " 25 is the cap "
    Yes 25 is the cap. Either depatch your game and exploit the glitch with Duncan for the darkspawn blood to get never ending easy xp or open the command console if you have the pc version and type runscript addxp 100000000 and you will hit 25 and see you can't go any further. Not that it really matters with the exploit in the current patch that lets you give yourself infinite stat points to distribute.   In regards to getting all the achievements, no it's not easy. Such as the achievement for killing the high dragon. Yea, good luck with that... "
    It states in the manual itself "There is no hard cap on the number of levels" "
    Well all I can tell you is I own the game, bought it for the PC on launch day, and when I exercised both the console command for xp and the exploit with duncan at the beginning of the game, which took me a week btw so don't waste your time with it, I couldn't go higher than level 25. So as far as I know that's the cap. I do know that it takes so much xp to get there though that it's impossible to reach without either using the command console or exercising an exploit.
    Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28  Edited By Ineedaname
    @Cerza said:
    " @Ineedaname said:
    " @Cerza said:
    " @Bhouse563 said:
    " 25 is the cap "
    It states in the manual itself "There is no hard cap on the number of levels" "
    Well all I can tell you is I own the game, bought it for the PC on launch day, and when I exercised both the console command for xp and the exploit with duncan at the beginning of the game, which took me a week btw so don't waste your time with it, I couldn't go higher than level 25. So as far as I know that's the cap. I do know that it takes so much xp to get there though that it's impossible to reach without either using the command console or exercising an exploit. "
    Well all I can tell you is I own the game, and read the manual.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By pause422

There is no cap...

Onno10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Onno10

Yes Bioware has made it virtually impossible to reach the cap unless you use exploits, so yeah, no cap :)

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#31  Edited By breadfan

If you're really into getting all the achievements/trophies in Dragon Age there are infinite experience glitches that can be used.  If you want to be shady that is.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By xyzygy

The cap is 25 because if you do that glitch with Duncan you can see that it won't go beyond. How are people saying that is not a hard cap? If you can't go beyond a certain level, isn't that a cap? The game manual says there is no hard cap because the game doesn't have enough enemies to even get to level 25. I did all sidequests and killed everything I saw and got to 23, barely. So obviously, 25 is the cap. Personally I hate how little you level up in this game because I prefer something like Mass Effect where you can get to 60.

I got 1050 on this because I refuse to buy the DLC Warden's Keep. Just seems like a ripoff to me. It took me pretty long, my subsequent playthroughs only took around 16 hours to beat the main storyline, and I did it all without glitching because I'm on the 360. And as far as I know there are no such glitches for that...

belaraphon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By belaraphon

if the ps3 trophies mimic the 360 achievements then it isn't terribly hard to get them, but it will just take some time. usually there is a choice near the end of each quests that you can save at to be able to complete it both ways for the trophies.  the hardest achievement to get is explorer as a few of the locations are miss able depending on your choices.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By xyzygy
    @belaraphon: Really? I thought it was actually story based, I got it on my first playthrough when I entered the top of the tower at the end :P I had no idea... Guess I was very thorough
    endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By endaround

There wasn't going to be a cap I think and Bioware then decided to put in 25.  It really doesn't matter though since while there are areas that do respawn enemies getting 100K of EXP at 80 (at best) a pop takes a long, long time.  There is about enough EXP around to get you around lvl 23 if you do everything.  Getting to lvl 20 without the Duncan exploit is time consuming since you can finish the game below level 20 if you jsut do main quest stuff.  Even with teh Duncan exploit it will take hours of repeation.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#36  Edited By citizenkane

You have to go through every love story and finish every kind of origin, so I would assume that it would take some time.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By LiquidPrince

Not easy at all. You need to play every origin story and get each cass to at least level 20. That would take a long time.

belaraphon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By belaraphon
    @xyzygy: yeah, i guess it is speculated that there are a few places that a player must hit in order to unlock the achievement.   

Vaile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Vaile

BioWare marketed the game as having no level cap, but this has been shown not to be true. However, due to the fact that there are limited enemies in the game, it is very difficult to reach the level cap, something BioWare devs have admitted to.

This is backed up by information regarding the Awakening expansion:
    "The expansion will add a higher level cap, five new party members, additional spells and abilities, and the ability to re-spec your character, which is something that required you to pull down the console or edit your save files previously. The new quest will allow you to bring in existing characters or start a new one as you attempt to rebuild the order of Grey Wardens. Here are the relevant bits of the announcement for more details on the story:"

The article can be found here:  
    http://www.giantbomb.com/news/dragon-age-to-expand-in-march/1823/

Second paragraph.

Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 6

#40  Edited By Jayross

I was thinking about getting 100% for Dragon Age, but its more of a long-term plan.

The achievemnts are pretty easy to get I just need to get the following:

lvl 20 as rogue
    lvl 20 as warrior
    250 damage in one hit (don't know how I am going to do this)
    Get all of the endings (i need to get 3 more, alistair, loghain, and me.)

I also have some persuasion and intimidate ones, which should be easy enough.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By LiquidPrince

Time consuming.

mobucks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By mobucks

for real RPGs 20 lvls is the norm, we arent playing a diablo clone here. 
    Tally_Pants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Tally_Pants
    @Teran said:
    "Do people really play games like this just to get a trophy? "

I certainly hope not... i dont play any game just to get trophies/achievements. if you play any game thoroughly enough you can get about 70% of trophies the first time through
    Kraxxon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Kraxxon
    @Raven_Sword: I wouldn't call it easy.  You need to do at least 3 full play-throughs with a mage, warrior and rogue to get them up to level 20 each. Plus you will burn some time getting all four endings. I got all the achievements in the game and it took around 130 hours of total game time.
    sexy_nipples

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By sexy_nipples
    @DrDemon said:
    " not very easy because some of the achievements are get a level 20 for each class and do 250 damage with your main "
    Thats incredibly easy 

The PC achievements are so time consuming. Play the game without dying once, learn all the primal skills, entropy skills, etc.. 

A lot of the tough PC achievements are missing from consoles, so you're in luck 
    void1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#46  Edited By void1234

you have to beat the game three times at least because 3 of the achievements are to get level 20 as a Rouge, Mage and Warrior

Shaanyboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Shaanyboi

Finished at level 21 as a Warrior.  Going through as a Mage/Rogue would be a big time investment.  As far as getting the different endings, you can get em all by saving right before the Landsmeet and coming back to it.  There's a handful though that I didn't even get until I played Awakening (heavy-hitter, the 25 persuasions, that stuff). 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.