Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Origins

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Nov 03, 2009

Dragon Age: Origins is an epic fantasy role-playing game featuring a rich story, personality-driven characters, and tactical, bloody combat. It is considered a spiritual successor to the Baldur's Gate series.

Just finished, finally finished.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTM

I just wanted to ask everyone that's finished this game, what your thoughts and feelings were from the time you beat the Archdemon, to the end of the credits? When the credits were rolling, I was kind of sad. Bioware does a great job of getting me into their adventures, so in the end, I was left sad because I already missed the characters and the things I could have done in the world of Dragon Age to further my experience. I wish I could search for Morrigan (with Leliana), venture with Sten back to his home land, or go with Wynne and Shale (Shayle) to turn Shale back into a Dwarf. There's so much more... *cries*. That was a 53 hour adventure I won't soon forget. By the way, how did all of you end it?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

My first thought was: Now to carry on with one of my many other mid-game saves!

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By NTM
    @Abyssfull:
    Yeah, I'm probably never going to beat it again. I did all the side missions excluding the added content, and with what I've done I'm happy with. Plus, I don't usually go through 40+ hour games.
    BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By BraveToaster

I wasn't sad, seeing how I can always replay the game.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

I hear ya duder, I felt so sad that this was the ending, there was still so much to do!

In my game Loghaine took the last honors of killing the demon and he had a child with Morrigan (I played female Warden ofcourse).
    That'll be one hell of an evil baby.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Marz

Should play awakenings now :) though DA2 is coming out in a few days :D

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By McGhee

The final battle was very epic and the end was a little touching when you walk through the hall and talk to all of your friends one last time.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Yummylee
    @McGhee_the_Insomniac said:
    " The final battle was very epic and the end was a little touching when you walk through the hall and talk to all of your friends one last time. "
    Epic, but still infuriating. Least until you figured you could just rely on the ballista's for the entire battle, which left you just clicking/pressing X/A on the ballista's over and over again with your rogue. Not so epic, but much less infuriating at least.
    McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By McGhee
    @Abyssfull said:
    " @McGhee_the_Insomniac said:
    " The final battle was very epic and the end was a little touching when you walk through the hall and talk to all of your friends one last time. "
    Epic, but still infuriating. Least until you figured you could just rely on the ballista's for the entire battle, which left you just clicking/pressing X/A on the ballista's over and over again with your rogue. Not so epic, but much less infuriating at least. "
    Yeah, but you still had to deal with all of the other enemies that where constantly spawning. It was like juggling six things at once. The enemies, the ballista, your party members, making sure they were doing the right thing and staying out of the dragon's area affect spells. I enjoyed it quite a bit.
    John1912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By John1912

i was disappointed.  The ending felt rushed.  There was no real transition from the lands meet to the final battle.  It really took away any real meaning of trying to unite the other lords.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Yummylee
    @John1912 said:
    " i was disappointed.  The ending felt rushed.  There was no real transition from the lands meet to the final battle.  It really took away any real meaning of trying to unite the other lords. "
    The cutscene of you arriving to Denerim didn't much good at representing the army you've gathered either, since it only shown the Redcliffe army charging forth. =/
    datarez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By datarez

I played a female noble and said no to Morrigan since I didn't want her to have an heir to the throne by Allistar.  At my epilogue I just have a feeling of not mattering.  All my posturing to get who I wanted to rule seemed to not have mattered.   I just spend the last week playing most of the DLC and I'd suggest it for anyone else too.  Awakening is long (16 hours) but I started and finished Leliana's Song, Golems & Witch Hunt this morning. 

Punk1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By Punk1984

I wanted my Warden back. I felt that the epilogue stuff was nice but I didn't feel like I had done much and some stuff didn't make much sense. (or seemed like it was a switcharoo) Nothing compared to Bioware's DnD stuff on the PC, those endings were epic.

It also felt like a kick in the pants when they announced DA2 having Hawken. Kind of like they said "Oh well, we're just gonna make it all linear and the first game won't matter. No epic character story here move on."

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#14  Edited By breadfan

The final battle seemed a little underwhelming, at least in my opinion. I thought that the ability to basically camp the arrow-cannon things was a bit lame. 

That is basically my only grievance with Dragon Age: Origins, it is easily one of my favorite role-playing games.

Avatar image for deactivated-6418ef3727cdd
    deactivated-6418ef3727cdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Well, I finished it about 5 times. I remember feeling disappointed the first time around. I was expecting an interesting final boss (something akin to Sovereign in Mass Effect), an incredibly intelligent and powerful being. Instead we got a slightly more powerful high dragon with a tonne of HP. Though, I have to say that walking down the corridor and talking to everyone after the fight was incredibly satisfying. 

Best endings IMHO 

• Human Noble: you become consort to the monarch and rule Ferelden together.
    • Mage: You secure rights for your fellow mages and free them from Chantry oppression.
    • Dwarf Noble: You convince the human king to send armies into the Deep Roads, with their help you reclaim much of your lost empire.
    wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16  Edited By wrighteous86

My Warden sacrificed himself, so I didn't feel regret that he couldn't go on with his friends, it was more like pride, seeing how I affected their lives.  Sten returned to his homeland and was asked if he found any humans of worth.  He responded fondly, "Just one".  That's the one that hit me the most, even though I didn't like Sten.  Also, having my brother show up at my funeral (human noble; and I had forgotten about my brother) to accept our family's land and take care of my Mabari was pretty touching too.  Unfortunately, that was all ruined when I couldn't transfer my save to Awakening without having my Warden "get better".  I would've liked to transfer my choices and still play as the new Orlesian Warden, but that wasn't possible, as far as I could tell, so I've just replayed through everything and forced Alistair, the king, to die.  Sorry buddy.

Dan64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Dan64

I chose to accept Morrigan's proposition, and believe that I made the right deal. If it wasn't for her, the Grey Wardens wouldn't have had such a sick commander in the future. I really liked the ending, and only finished recently, much like you.

Vaile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Vaile

I have a feeling that was sort of intentional. BioWare's been pretty clear that Dragon Age is a story about Thedas, not the Grey Wardens or any particular character. So finishing up with the game and hearing about all the adventures your party will have sort of gives you this feeling of "Woah, there's a lot of crazy shit happening that has almost nothing to do with my character."

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MarkWahlberg

Yeah, if only they'd pulled an RDR and stuck in a post-game, 'hanging wit yer buds' segment, that would have been great. Everyone was leaving for new adventures, but I had to stop playing! No fair!   

... Which I guess is the best way to end a game so that people want to play the sequel. But still.  

@McGhee_the_Insomniac said:

" @Abyssfull said:
    " @McGhee_the_Insomniac said:
    Epic, but still infuriating. Least until you figured you could just rely on the ballista's for the entire battle, which left you just clicking/pressing X/A on the ballista's over and over again with your rogue. Not so epic, but much less infuriating at least. "
    Yeah, but you still had to deal with all of the other enemies that where constantly spawning. It was like juggling six things at once. The enemies, the ballista, your party members, making sure they were doing the right thing and staying out of the dragon's area affect spells. I enjoyed it quite a bit. "

I mean, it was tough as balls, but I didn't find it infuriating. I thought the 'ballistas are the only way to kill the dragon' thing was kind of a weird thing to put in (sort of an "oh right, this is a video game" moment) but I didn't have a problem with it. Maybe I just suck at the game, but it was definitely more "holy fucking shit everyone protect the ballista man/ using your dying breath to launch the ballista" than "stand here and click a bunch of times".

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.