Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Origins

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Nov 03, 2009

Dragon Age: Origins is an epic fantasy role-playing game featuring a rich story, personality-driven characters, and tactical, bloody combat. It is considered a spiritual successor to the Baldur's Gate series.

Need Healing Potions Please Help Me

THE_END

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By THE_END

I'm in Redcliffe and completely out of healing potions.  I checked the vendor in my camp but he is still out and it has been a long time since I bought some from him so I am guessing he is never going to restock?

I used all the herbs I found already to make potions so that is not an option.  

Please tell me where I can go to buy more healing potions.  

FYI....after I got Morrigan I went straight to Redcliffe and haven't been to the other areas........so all I have is my camp and Redcliffe.  Please don't direct me to other areas since I'm still not finished with Redcliffe and I want to finish Redcliffe before exploring other areas.

Thanks.

THE_END

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By THE_END

Can anyone here help?

kamolahy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By kamolahy

You should be using minimal healing potions. Take a healer with you. It's essential.

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By maxszy
    @kamolahy said:
    " You should be using minimal healing potions. Take a healer with you. It's essential. "
    While you definitely need a healer or someone who can heal as part of your power, the healing potions are important too. Without sending you to other areas..you need to find more ingredients from some vendors in Redcliffe Village or something to that extent. Otherwise..just hopefully loot some health pots.
    Matte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Matte
    @THE_END said:
    "  Please don't direct me to other areas since I'm still not finished with Redcliffe and I want to finish Redcliffe before exploring other areas.Thanks. "
    For your future reference, unlimited Elfroot is sold at the merchant in Brecillian Forest.  Flasks and other ingredients are sold in Party camp.

Also highly suggest spending a point for your mage (yourself/Morrigan) to learn the heal spell.  It'll probably be the most used spell in the game.
    mech4399

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mech4399

There are really two options for easy health. Either make with herb skill or use the healers. Other wise finding a decent amount is kinda hard, since you go through them so much in certain battles. I suggest always having a dedicated healer. Hope that helps.

Phantom_Crash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Phantom_Crash

Would be good if most vendors has a good supply of Elfroot or unlimited. Maybe someone can make a mod.

_Nuno_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By _Nuno_
    @THE_END:
    If you're playing the good path, you'll need to go to the tower of magi before you're over with the redcliff stuff. There, you can get a healer that is the best in the game.
    Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Binman88
    @Phantom_Crash said:
    " Would be good if most vendors has a good supply of Elfroot or unlimited. Maybe someone can make a mod. "
    The vendor in the Brecilian outskirts has unlimited Elfroot.
    End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By End_Boss

First, I don't think you should be out of potions yet, judging by where you describe yourself in the game. I would reconsider the tactics you're using and make sure your characters are properly geared.

That being said, some of the fights in Dragon Age can be avoided if you go through the proper dialogue tree (without the need for a high intimidate or charm skill), so save just before a battle (assuming you talk to the person you have to fight first) and really explore your options as far as peaceful negotiation go.

I know I've had to do that once already, and I'm just past Redcliffe.

TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By TomA

Where can i find a healing character?

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By End_Boss
    @TomA said:
    " Where can i find a healing character? "
    I've heard this "Wynne" referred to in several threads, though I haven't found her yet myself. Morrigan serves as an adequate substitute while you search for another healer, though.
    Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Cerza

As others have said you can buy unlimited Elf Root in the Brecilian outskirts. Also you really should go to the mage tower and get Wynne. She is the best healer in the game. If you are having trouble defending the village from the zombies you can simply leave Red Cliff to it's grisly fate that night and come back in the morning to get into the palace. Though the Palace isn't any better than the village in my eyes. If you insist on not leaving Red Cliff and can't buy any pots or mats then you have no choice but to pray that some healing pots drop off the baddies there.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#14  Edited By sjschmidt93

I'm sure there's a console command  for potions (if you're on the PC).

izzygraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By izzygraze
    @TomA said:

" Where can i find a healing character? "

You have to go to the mage's tower and do that quest.

@THE_END

said:

"  I'm in Redcliffe and completely out of healing potions.  I checked the vendor in my camp but he is still out and it has been a long time since I bought some from him so I am guessing he is never going to restock? "

I don't know if you've already started the battle but if you haven't you can try this:

You get loyd to join the militia then Bella will take over the bar. In the video she seems to restock every time you leave the tavern. But yeah...just hope you loot some off of dead guys and boxes/chests. The only really difficult battle in Redcliff is the Revenant. OH! and added tip  (minor spoiler but not really.)

Hope that helps.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.