Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Origins

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Nov 03, 2009

Dragon Age: Origins is an epic fantasy role-playing game featuring a rich story, personality-driven characters, and tactical, bloody combat. It is considered a spiritual successor to the Baldur's Gate series.

PC Fo Sheezy?

thebignasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By thebignasty

Should I even consider getting the 360 version of this game, or is this one of those don't even bother try playing on the 360 RPGs?  The only reason I'd play the 360 over the PC version is the achievements, but I don't know if it's worth dealing with a clunkier UI for some extra points.

emkeighcameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By emkeighcameron

Get it for the PC, way easier and it looks better (if you have the rig).

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

Considering the game is lengthy, I would put controls over achievements any day. Score 1 for PC from me.

Malio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Malio

PC all the way on this one.

Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#5  Edited By Cerza

Didn't we just have this thread about a week or two ago? Anyway get it on the PC if you have a rig that can run it. Dragon Age: Origins on PC has better graphics, better UI, and delivers a better experience than the 360 version.

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#6  Edited By Geno

It depends on your PC. If you can play it at max graphics then it's worth it.
    Zee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Zee

I got it on 360 as I don't have a good pc. the controls and UI are fine and perfectly workable on the 360. There not at all hard, and work perfectly fine. Any awkwardness you may have is quickly offset in the hour, just make sure you have the menu on hold or it goes away on a button press as in the quick look. That being said, if you have a choice, pick the pc.

thebignasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By thebignasty

Okay.  I need an excuse to get a better video card anyway (I have an 8800 GTS atm), so guess I'll just go with the PC version.

sivartTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By sivartTheGreat

I have it on 360, because my main computer is a laptop and I have a nice big TV. 

It looks stunningly bad up close on the 360, but the KOTORs were never really lookers either and I didn't mind that much. ME's film grain did a lot to compensate for the graphical jankiness. I don't play BioWare games for the graphics, anyway. (Even great textures on the PC can't hide the invisible-wall-filled walking-down-a-trench-in-the-forest-ness, or the mountains pulled straight from the Mass Effect Mountain Generator.)

The UI for the 360 is brilliant and totally workable, but it's ugly as well. Not sure what the PC UI looks like up close, but the 360 UI seems to have been cobbled together in Photoshop from various pieces of script fonts and a couple of textures/glows. As  a graphic designer I see the seams, it might not bother you.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By HitmanAgent47

The pc version is the way to go if your pc is good enough, it's the best version graphically and the user interface.

Alphawolfy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Alphawolfy

Go for the PC, even if you can't get anywhere near max settings; as long as you can run it! The PC version has achievements too, but they are connected to your EA account only.

stenchlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By stenchlord

PC, who doesn't want an excuse to upgrade to the new HD5850/5870 cards. Long as you have a decent CPU (2.4-2.6GHz Core 2 Duo or better) you should be fine.

Heck even my old ass E8400@4.2GHz, 4GB DDR2, 1GB HD4870 plays it flawlessly at 1920x1080 on my TV. That and wireless mouse and keyboard means playing from bed with one of those stable trays I use when bringing my GF breakfast in bed and awesome ensues.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.