Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Origins

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Nov 03, 2009

Dragon Age: Origins is an epic fantasy role-playing game featuring a rich story, personality-driven characters, and tactical, bloody combat. It is considered a spiritual successor to the Baldur's Gate series.

Spell Combos

_Nuno_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By _Nuno_

Hey everyone. I would like to know what are the combos you found in the game.

I only found 2 so far: 

Freeze (cone of cold) and stonefist will outright kill alot of guys
    Vulnerability hex and drain life will double the drain effect

SuperBuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By SuperBuster

Adding on to your two combos: you can use petrify as well as cone of cold and you can use stonefist, crushing prison, or crits to shatter them but higher tiered enemies might resist the effect. Also the vulnerability hex and drain works with mana drain as well as drain life. 

New ones: Glyph of Repulsion + Glyph of Paralysis right on top of it creates a paralysis explosion that can have friendly fire. 
    Force Field + Crushing Prison creates an explosion originating from the dude in the force field 
    Sleep + Horror gives the target a nightmare dealing massive spirit damage and the effects of horror. Also, if you use waking nightmare on enemies that are asleep they can't resist it but it is not counted as a combo. 
    Spell Might + Raise Undead raises an upgraded skeleton with some spells I think 
    Finally if you cast Blizzard or Tempest and then use Spell Might and cast whichever spell you didn't cast first it will create Storm of the Century with a greater radius and I'm told 70 dmg per tick. 

I've only tried the Paralysis Explosion, Shatter, Super Drain, and Nightmare combos so I don't know if the others I listed will work. 

Scigrex14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By Scigrex14

I personally like the combination of earthquake tempest, because the guys just keep falling down while they take constant damage.  Another one is blood wound and chain lighting.  They can't move and are just keep taking heaps of damage.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.