Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Origins

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Nov 03, 2009

Dragon Age: Origins is an epic fantasy role-playing game featuring a rich story, personality-driven characters, and tactical, bloody combat. It is considered a spiritual successor to the Baldur's Gate series.

Turning off Shadows on the PC version of DA:O

dystonym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dystonym

Hello.

I have a really, really shitty graphics card (Radeon X1300) and I can't upgrade for another month or so. Now that I'm getting further into this game and spells and what not are flying all over the place, I'm getting awful framerates. I've tried turning EVERYTHING to as low as it can go, and I've gone into the .INI and turned EnableShadows to 0, but it didn't do anything. I can still see soft shadows all over the place which my card really has a problem with. Is there any other way to turn them off?

Thank you.

gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By gike987

If I remember correctly from the toolset, no shadow is rendered in real time (except the character shadows which you alreday turned of)  so it doesn't matter it's an part of the environment.
    This game isn't anyway near as taxing on the graphics as it is on the CPU. So check if your CPU is good enough first.

MikeHaggarKJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MikeHaggarKJ

Yhea this is probably the second most CPU demanding game I've ever played. Pretty surprising.
    It probably explains why the PS3 version is better then the 360 version, to.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.