Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Origins

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Nov 03, 2009

Dragon Age: Origins is an epic fantasy role-playing game featuring a rich story, personality-driven characters, and tactical, bloody combat. It is considered a spiritual successor to the Baldur's Gate series.

Xbox 360 install to hard drive

TomTheRealist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By TomTheRealist

I'm trying to find out if installing Dragon Age to my 360 hard drive will be worth it. Has anyone done this? There seems to be one article I can find via google on some slightly backwards site that just says 'Ur. Yeah, it's great. Do it.' and I frankly, don't trust the source. 

Anyone?

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By EpicSteve

If you have the space it's not like it'll hurt.

bubahula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By bubahula
    @EpicSteve said:
    "If you have the space it's not like it'll hurt. "

this.
    Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Afroman269

Your 360 won't sound like a helicopter taking off which is a good enough reason to install any game.

delta_ass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By delta_ass

It'd be nice if installing it to the hard drive meant you didn't require the disc in the tray anymore. But alas, that doesn't happen.

TomTheRealist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TomTheRealist

Sorry, I should have included a bit more information with my post. I have a 20gig hard drive that has at the moment, 5 gig free.  
    I understand the 'if you can, do' argument but as I have limited space and will have to clean out a lot of stuff that I might want in the future without the hassle of re-downloading; is it worth the space? Are the load times quite noticeably shorter? 

This is one game that I can quite plainly see that I am in for the long haul.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By Rhaknar

I install all my games so I have no idea about the load differences. do you have any game installed? if so, with a 20gig, its probably best to only have 1 at a time, and when youre done delete it

Teran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By Teran
    @TomTheRealist: I've never heard of installing a game being a bad thing.  I don't know if you need to "trust" a source recommending you do this, in general it's common sense... but not far from necessary.
    Babble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Babble
    @Afroman269 said:
    " Your 360 won't sound like a helicopter taking off which is a good enough reason to install any game. "
    Exactly, the reason I install games is to avoid the noise of the disc spinning, improved loading is just a bonus.
    maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By maxszy

Definitely decrease the noise factor if it really bothers you. As a fellow 20gb 360 owner, I rarely ever install them. I have enough DLC and XBLA games taking up space that I just can't free them. I've only got about 3ish gigs free and there's not a whole lot I can delete. 

Really don't think it would be BAD or NEGATIVE if you want to go ahead with it.

eyehook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By eyehook

If you don't have to delete a ton of stuff, it's probably worth it.  There's a fair amount of loading between zones and whatnot, so I'd say do it.  I've played it from HD from day 1 and it's been a pleasure. :)

foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By foggel

I installed it, and it's not like I regretted it :) I don't know anything about loading time differences, but atleast the mood isn't ruined by the spinning sound :)

Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
    unsolvedparadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By unsolvedparadox
    @Afroman269 said:
    " Your 360 won't sound like a helicopter taking off which is a good enough reason to install any game. "
    I ROFLcopter'ed when reading this.
    Manatassi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Manatassi

Load times seem shorter but the big bonus is not running the Disc drive. If you dont have a 120gb HDD then thats a different story but you cant really be using that feature too much anyway. Install the game if you are going to be playing it allot and don't if you aren't. 

MichaelBach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By MichaelBach

I installed it and it's nice not to hear your disc drive all the time not to mention the ware and tear on it. Also I do belive it cuts the load times somewhat. the load screens are filled with text but I rarely manage to read it before loading time is over. I recommend it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.