Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon's Dogma

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released May 22, 2012

Capcom makes an ambitious undertaking with this 2012 Open World Action-RPG.

Dragon's Dogma gets the SSFIV treatment with new expansion.

• 67 results
    musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By musubi

So if you remember late last year Capcom announced then said nothing about a Dragons Dogma expansion. Turns out details and a trailer are out and its getting a entire reissue of the game with added content.

It should be noted that original owners of Dragons Dogma will receive a thank you in the form of INFINITE FERRYSTONES and 100,000 RC. Kotaku has the full details and trailer. I apologize but im on mobile ATM so if someone would be so kind to properly link and whatnot. That would be great.

http://m.kotaku.com/5978251/this-april-dragons-dogmasdark-arisen-expansion-brings-the-changes-you-wanted

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Jack268

But does it fix the framerate? 

Seriously it's at like 20 FPS average on PS3

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By EarlessShrimp
    musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By musubi
    @Jack268 Hmm never had much of a problem on 360. And I seriously played throught that game like 3 times.
    SagaciousJones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SagaciousJones

Furthermore, owners of the original Dragon's Dogma will receive 100,000 Rift Crystals, unlimited Ferrystones and the Gransys Armour Pack consisting of six brand new costumes for free, upon purchasing Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen.

Hmm. Does that only apply if I buy the digital version, I wonder? If I wanted to buy the new disk version (and trade my old copy off to a friend, or something), would I still get the bonuses?

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jack268
    @Demoskinos: Yeah it's a bit better on 360, here is the Digitalfoundry comparison: 

As you can see the PS3 framerate is lower than the 360, sometimes even dipping below 20. I was exaggerating a bit in my previous post but it looks really bad. It's a shame they won't release a PC version.
    Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Skytylz

I wish they would have released this on PC, I definitely would pick it up for cheap at some point. I'll have to watch for it on sale on 360 or something I guess.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By musubi
    @SagaciousJones Im assuming it scans for savedata. So assuming you still have a save you should still get the bonuses.
    Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Coafi

@SagaciousJones said:

Furthermore, owners of the original Dragon's Dogma will receive 100,000 Rift Crystals, unlimited Ferrystones and the Gransys Armour Pack consisting of six brand new costumes for free, upon purchasing Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen.

Hmm. Does that only apply if I buy the digital version, I wonder? If I wanted to buy the new disk version (and trade my old copy off to a friend, or something), would I still get the bonuses?

I think so, it works if you have a game save of Dragon's Dogma. It taps into that and you receive the bonuses.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Framerate bitching = quality thread

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Karkarov

Here have a better link, what with me hating Kotaku and all.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/neilgortz/blog/2013/01/23/delve-deep-into-terror-with-dragons-dogma-dark-arisen-this-april

Apparently the game at least won't cost full retail, it will be around 40 bucks. If you haven't played Dragon Dogma before and you liked the Soul's games, Monster Hunter, the Elder Scrolls, or just action RPG's in general then you are really really screwing yourself if you don't buy this when the new version hits. The game is freaking great, it was at the very least for me. I really do wish they would release a PC version though if for no other reason to see a shot at the game in higher resolution with a little better FPS.

@SagaciousJones: It still applies. You can buy either version as long as you have the game previously on your system it will know.

LikeaSsur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By LikeaSsur

@Fredchuckdave said:

Framerate bitching = quality thread

Look on the bright side. This means that people have to nitpick to find a fault with the game (they really don't, but whatever).

Generiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Generiko

cool, always wanted to play this game and at $40 I would be losing money if I didn't buy it

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By Marz

really wanted to play a PC version, xbox version was ok but still suffered from frame rate problems.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#15  Edited By Yummylee

Hopefully this'll lean more towards a SSFIV than, say, Dead Rising 2: Off The Record in terms of what additional content is packed within. I'm willing to buy this because I wouldn't mind a little more Dragon's Dogma, but I'll be waiting on the reviews for this first. Can't help but be sceptical when it comes to Capcom re-releases.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By Tennmuerti

Capcom double dipping again? No way to just buy it as DLC if you own the original?

Pass.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Karkarov

@Tennmuerti said:

Capcom double dipping again? No way to just buy it as DLC if you own the original?

Pass.

Yeap, seems that way. You can be honest though Ten, the truth is you fear to face your eternal love Caxton and his masterworks once again. After all they can't go wrong can they?

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By Tennmuerti

@Karkarov said:

@Tennmuerti said:

Pass.

Yeap, seems that way.

Kinda sad actually. I loved Dragon's Dogma and would have readily paid for say a $20 dlc/expansion.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By Jeffsekai

So like SSF4 expansions this also contains the original game?

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Karkarov

@Jeffsekai said:

So like SSF4 expansions this also contains the original game?

Yeap. It contains the entire game and the expansion.

Aronleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Aronleon

Sweet I heard at lot of good things about the original Dragons Dogma and by the looks of it this expansion fixes some of the issues that game had. Ok Capcom you can have my hard earn money.

jjm494

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jjm494

This is why you always wait at least a year before purchasing a Capcom game.

There's really no excuse for this. I hope people will stop buying these over-glorified re-releases Capcom keeps trying hock to the public.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#23  Edited By Milkman

How very Capcom of them.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#24  Edited By Sooty

@jjm494 said:

This is why you always wait at least a year before purchasing a Capcom game.

There's really no excuse for this. I hope people will stop buying these over-glorified re-releases Capcom keeps trying hock to the public.

I regret nothing of buying both Street Fighter IV, Super Street Fighter IV, Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 on their respective release dates.

Some re-releases make sense. I don't get people who complain about it for fighting games, who wants to deal with DLC DRM hassles at fighting game events? I don't. (besides, the newer versions of both the above games added substantial content)

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#25  Edited By The_Ruiner

So..they are getting the champion edition treatment?... fucking Capcom...

jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By jozzy

@SagaciousJones said:

Damn, you had me check games on demand for a digital version, still nothing :(

(My 360 dvd drive is pretty much broken)

jjm494

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By jjm494

@Sooty: My main problem with what Capcom has generally done is that they don't even offer the option of allowing existing owners the opportunity to get additional content via DLC. I think they did right by their customers with Super Street Fighter IV Arcade by putting that content up as DLC and doing a disc run for those who wanted to go that purchase route. Both the competitive fighting community is happy and fans who have already spent sixty dollars on the original version don't have to buy another disc-based version of the game, if they don't want to.

In the instances of Dragon's Dogma and Dead Rising 2, you can't make that argument. I feel like this just engenders bad will with its customers and makes them hesitant to pick up a game when it first comes out for fear of being burned in the long run.

SagaciousJones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SagaciousJones

@jozzy said:

Oh, sorry. I meant "digital version...of the Dark Arisen content," not the whole game.

Does it work enough to detect whatever disk is in it? Is there no way to install a disk to a hard drive via another console, then play by just scanning the disk? I don't have much experience fiddling with Xbox storage devices, but I thought that was something you could do so long as you had the disk in the drive.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#29  Edited By ajamafalous

lolcapcom

SagaciousJones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SagaciousJones

@jjm494 said:

@Sooty: My main problem with what Capcom has generally done is that they don't even offer the option of allowing existing owners the opportunity to get additional content via DLC.

In the instances of Dragon's Dogma and Dead Rising 2, you can't make that argument

Umm....

"Dark Arisen will be available both digitally and on disc"

Maybe I'm misreading your argument, but Capcom is offering both digital and physical versions, with special bonuses for those who bought early.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#31  Edited By MildMolasses

And here was all set to praise Capcom for going a whole year without trying to sell us the same game again

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 66

#32  Edited By ArbitraryWater

I guess this is what Capcom meant when they said that the re-evaluation of their DLC policy only applied to games that came out after Dragon's Dogma. I really don't want to buy a whole new disk, and I really liked Dragon's Dogma, far more than I should have considering its myriad of problems. Oh well. I probably will once it goes on sale.

jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By jozzy

@SagaciousJones said:

@jozzy said:

Oh, sorry. I meant "digital version...of the Dark Arisen content," not the whole game.

Does it work enough to detect whatever disk is in it? Is there no way to install a disk to a hard drive via another console, then play by just scanning the disk? I don't have much experience fiddling with Xbox storage devices, but I thought that was something you could do so long as you had the disk in the drive.

Ha, not your fault was just hoping. I assumed you were talking about PSN or something.

Yeah, the problem is with detection, your solution does work but it sometimes takes 5 or more times just to get it to recognize. It's just a hassle.

SagaciousJones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SagaciousJones

@SagaciousJones said:

@jjm494 said:

@Sooty: My main problem with what Capcom has generally done is that they don't even offer the option of allowing existing owners the opportunity to get additional content via DLC.

In the instances of Dragon's Dogma and Dead Rising 2, you can't make that argument

Umm....

"Dark Arisen will be available both digitally and on disc"

Maybe I'm misreading your argument, but Capcom is offering both digital and physical versions, with special bonuses for those who bought early.

Wait, no. I'm the one reading the article wrong. When it says "digitally," I assumed they were splitting it like the Dark Soul's DLC: one version that has the complete package, but also with a $20 DLC option for those who already have it. That is incorrect.

This post states it pretty clearly:

http://www.capcom-unity.com/neilgortz/blog/2013/01/23/delve-deep-into-terror-with-dragons-dogma-dark-arisen-this-april

Coming both on a physical disc and as a full game digital download, the title delivers a huge brand new area, missions, enemies and more, plus all of the content from the original game.

So, yeah. My mistake.

jjm494

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By jjm494

@SagaciousJones: While it's nice that they're offering a full digital version on day one, my main compliant is that you can't purchase the add-on content separately if you already have the full version of Dragon's Dogma. At least that's what I'm getting from reading the articles linked. I probably should have been more specific in what I disliked about how Capcom is approaching this in my original post.

Note: Just saw your post after I submitted mine. No problem, the wording of those articles confused me to at first.

uhtaree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By uhtaree

Was thinking of playing this game soon actually, guess I'll wait for this then since it's newer and shinier.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#37  Edited By jacksukeru

I kind of hate this, and I kind of want it.

Actually if they released this version for PC I would have probably bought the game again no question.

GTCknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By GTCknight

Does anybody have any Idea how large or how much time it should take do or see the new stuff? I ask because I really don't feel like paying 40.00$ for a two or three hour experience, since I already own the original.

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By HerbieBug

No sale, Capcom. This habit you seem to have of releasing half finished games and then selling them again as the finished version must stop.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Yummylee

@GTCknight said:

Does anybody have any Idea how large or how much time it should take do or see the new stuff? I ask because I really don't feel like paying 40.00$ for a two or three hour experience, since I already own the original.

How would anybody know when it hasn't been released yet? Capcom have at least ran down some details of what's in there, though:

• A massive new underground realm to explore featuring over 25 terrifying new enemies
    • More skills/equipment/augments:
    • Level 3 Skills
    • DD:DA provides each character class with a new tier of skills, giving players new devastating abilities and skills to master
    • Over 100 pieces of new equipment
    • All new high level weapons and armor sets for players venturing into the underground caverns.
    • 14 new character/Pawn augments
    • New tiers of equipment enhancement
    • Increased character customisation options
    • Item appraisal
    • Option to select Japanese voice over

So there's definitely going to be some stuff in there, but I'm more concerned about how large the new environments will be. 25 new enemies does sound rather promising and may speak to the scale of the extras, but I wouldn't put it past them to mostly sprinkle stronger variants of the original enemies in there. Anywhoo I agree with the sentiment that they should have offered players a DLC alternative so then you're not basically paying for the same game again, as well as some extra goodies. But I'll bite if there's enough worthwhile content in there and this isn't another occurrence like Dead Rising 2: Off The Record, where around 90% of the game was just the original Dead Rising 2.

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Nottle

Cool never played Dragons Dogma because I knew this was coming. Sounds about time I pick it up.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

#42  Edited By Slag

@Tennmuerti said:

@Karkarov said:

@Tennmuerti said:

Pass.

Yeap, seems that way.

Kinda sad actually. I loved Dragon's Dogma and would have readily paid for say a $20 dlc/expansion.

yeah seriously.

but this part makes me think I might see if I can get a Disc version of this on sale

Owners of the original Dragon’s Dogma will be able to export their existing characters and all other saved data, to continue their journey as the Arisen and face this new threat that has emerged from the cavernous depths...
    In North America Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen will be available at retail stores for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3,
    Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Karkarov

More official answers:

http://www.capcom-unity.com/dragonsdogma/go/thread/view/122057/29644049/dragons-dogma-dark-arisen-coming-in-april

Just look for the posts by NeilGortz. Added bonus I think is worth mentioning. You also get all the games DLC up to this point with this version. So if you have never bought any of the DLC and have the main game already if you consider that in the cost, the expansion, and the free stuff you get for being a previous buyer.... It actually isn't that terrible at 40 dollars.

Also since no one seems to have spelled it out in this thread.... People who already own it who buy this version as well also get 100k rift crystals (meh), infinite ferry stones (not meh at all), and a 10 armor dlc everyone else will likely have to buy if they want it.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#44  Edited By Sterling

Excellent! This will be a day one purchase for me for sure. I absolutely loved Dragon's Dogma.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Yummylee

@Karkarov said:

More official answers:

http://www.capcom-unity.com/dragonsdogma/go/thread/view/122057/29644049/dragons-dogma-dark-arisen-coming-in-april

Just look for the posts by NeilGortz. Added bonus I think is worth mentioning. You also get all the games DLC up to this point with this version. So if you have never bought any of the DLC and have the main game already if you consider that in the cost, the expansion, and the free stuff you get for being a previous buyer.... It actually isn't that terrible at 40 dollars.

That doesn't sway me personally at all. From what I remember, all of the DLC was just more of Capcom's nickel and dime shit, like additional hair styles, gear, and more ''kill X of Y'' quests. I want to hear more about the supposed substantial content, like the new enemies (including new bosses, I have to assume) and environments. I'm not looking to pay for £20's worth of additional customisation junk.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Karkarov

@Yummylee: Fair enough, but there is the whole new area which will have new enemies even if some of them will just be reskins. We already know there are at least two totally new bosses for example. One being the grim reaper looking thing and the other being the giant demon you see at the end of the new trailer. But hey I am a Dragon's Dogma fanboi so take my word for whatever it is worth.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#47  Edited By JJOR64

This is a retail game? Thought this was going to be DLC. :/

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#48  Edited By tourgen

Alright, well that's the first and last capcom game I buy new and in the first year. Next time just rent, borrow, or super cheap used for me.

chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By chrissedoff

The #1 priority for them should be changing that title screen music.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By musubi

@chrissedoff said:

The #1 priority for them should be changing that title screen music.

Hell no. That was the best part of the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.