Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon's Dogma

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released May 22, 2012

Capcom makes an ambitious undertaking with this 2012 Open World Action-RPG.

Madeleine

Bassario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Bassario

Anyone know where else she might be found? She has not visited the inn in days :(

I am talking about the blonde merchant that sometimes shows up in the inn and primarily sells bows and mage gear as well as odds and sods.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By AlexanderSheen

At this point, you could just make a "Dragon's Dogma Questions" thread.

Enns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Enns

If you're early in the game check the Venory area in Gran Sauren. It can be kind of hard to find but it should be a building with the windows open near that sketchy shop that lets you forge junk.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Sterling

At a certain point in the game she opens a shop right next to the Black Cat.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @oulzac said:

At a certain point in the game she opens a shop right next to the Black Cat.

You have to do a certain quest first. Then ya about three days game later she shows up. 
    Bassario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Bassario

Ok, so you can't delete your thread only your post. I'm sort of bad at foruming ^_^ I tried deleting my other Madeleine thread coz some meany yelled at me for starting too many question threads, It was like 3am I didnt even remember starting the other one just remember being rather pissed off with this matter, anyway when the mean man said I was asking too many questions I cried for about 7 hours while listening to linkin park in my room with the door locked, and then I considered the error of my ways and decided to at least clear up the issue for others who come across this problem:

There is a quest called "Chasing Shadows" It can be obtained around the same time as the 4 Wyrm Hunt quests, from a strange fellow called Mason who lives in the sewers and is involved in the "salvation" plot line, after completing two of the wyrm hunt quests you get a quest to have an audience with the Duke. This is important because that quest to see the duke is an important progression quest, the game decides that after this quest if you have not completed certain other quests it doesn't flow enough with continuity and so you fail them and have absolutely no option of doing them again in that play through (this includes the other 2 wyrm hunt quests, so if u wanna follow the whole story be sure to do all 4).

The trouble with said optional quest is that there is absolutely no warning, and I was planning to do that one I just left it to last and had no idea it would automatically become "Failed"

From what I have read, during said quest you witness a secret rendezvous and one of the people involved is Madeleine (the blonde merchant chick who until then hangs around the inn) upon completing the quest 3 days later she opens up a nice store near the black cat, if you fail to do this quest before your first audience with the Duke, she apparently can never raise the funding and will never open the extra shop.

For people who have made the same "mistake" as me don't worry too much, I have a friend who is a fair way ahead of me in the game, he has already completed the main plot line and he assures me Madeleine's store is one of the poorest that continued to have nothing better than the blacksmith up until the end of the game and after that you gain access to better stores but I wont post any specific spoilers and besides that she can still be found hanging around the inn most of the time selling her junk. Actually she would probably make more money selling her "junk" but I digress ^_^

I would have just really liked to see more accessible stores in Gran Soren is all, as far as fantasy setting towns go this is one of the best I have seen and I have wasted countless hours when I get bored either double jumping or levitating around the rooftops looking for all those nice hidden chests that often hold seekers tokens for the 20 seeker token quest. It is a wicked cool city and my only criticism is it takes away from the fantasy that there is only one decent store for gear in the whole town and it stays open 24/7 every single day and night forever. Convenient yes, but too unrealistic.

Anyway the one important thing to take away from this thread is that - if you are one of those players that really enjoys the story and wants to enjoy all the quests and learn all about the happenings and plots and characters in Gransys then be mindful: If you are on a quest that seems like it will lead to serious progression stop and knock out all your sub-quests and errands first because the game will take many important incomplete side quests away from you shamelessly. At the same time the game does not really hold your hand and that makes it feel again quite involving and realistic because in life we have opportunities arising everywhere and it is impossible to take advantage of them all, we all eventually miss out and have to cope with that.

Man it has been years and years since I could get lost in and really get involved with a really good RPG like this one, I am really glad they made this game and it has restored much of my faith in gaming.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By musubi

Did you do "Chasing Shadows" sidequest that you get from Mason? If you did then she moved her shop.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.