Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon's Dogma

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released May 22, 2012

Capcom makes an ambitious undertaking with this 2012 Open World Action-RPG.

Ur Dragon Conclusion Thread :D

Bassario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Bassario

Ok, Please don't yell at me I know there is a Ur Dragon thread but it is very convoluted with tons of stuff and is unwelcoming for someone who does not know what it even is so I thought maybe we could make a more basic thread simply outlining the Pros and Cons of fighting him online vs offline for new players so they can get a good grasp of understanding of what to expect as well as an understanding of what not to do when fighting him online so not to further hinder the progress for everybody else as well as themselves:

The Ur Dragon is one of the post game events, at this point in time it is supposed to be the most challenging fight from what I understand and it is an interesting gimmick that brings the game closer to being "online" without ruining its dynamics. Each character can join the fight and fight the same dragon simultaneously in their own universe without any direct contact to the other players, when the dragon is eventually destroyed everyone who participated gets good rewards, however: If you do any of the following you increase the dragon's health greatly and ruin the progress of your fellow players: 1) Die, 2) Use a wake stone or 3) leave the battle before the round is over.

It is suggested to not even attempt this before reaching a certain amount of stats as you will just hinder the progress of the fight and not earn anything good due to your lack of contribution. I have been suggested a good level to start is around 80? Perhaps someone could post a better estimate to what you should have achieved or what your character's stats should look like minimally. I would also suggest making your first attempt at the fight offline for practice, which brings us to the other topic that some argue it is more beneficial to fight him offline anyway perhaps someone with more experience and knowledge could post a better list of pros and cons for fighting him offline and online! Thanks.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Tennmuerti

Level to start Ur at depends completely on your class/build/gear if those are good you can start making runs at online Ur much earlier, like 60 for example. Posting stats would be quite difficult and in actuality irrelevant. There are no minimums, you can go in whenever you want to. Just make sure you are well stocked on healing items to last the 8-10 minutes, as long as you do that and don't die it doesn't really matter how much damage you do, every little bit counts.

Offline:

• you can actually kill him yourself quite easily (he is still a decent challenge for players just getting to Everfall)
    • when reaching certain dmg levels offline Ur can be killed in 1-2 "rounds"
    • you get way more crafting materials, because you get his scale/blood/etc drops with each heart destroyed
    • kill loot: 1 weapon, no armor, no mask, 20 wakestones
    • chances for getting your gear dragons forged: 2% 10% 30% or something about that depending on upgrade level
    • you can farm him over and over and over, non stop as long as you please

Online:

• he has insane amount of HP, making your individual damage all but irrelevant (especially on the PS3 now where he has been killed twice as many times, as he gets stronger each time)
    • online Ur goes down when a lot of players are on
    • trying to kill him from start to finish is an exercise for people with unlimited time as it can take anywhere from several hours to half a day, for his total health to deplete
    • because of huge HP you will not be destroying individual hearts much, meaning no crafting loot
    • kill loot (if you only did some damage): a chance at a weapon, and some wake stones plus some gold, nothing much
    • kill loot (killing blow): 3-4 weapons, a set of really good armor, 1 random mask, 20 wakestones
    • killing blow - this is achieved if you take out your version of Ur within 30 minutes of his total health being depleted online
    • killing blow can be cheesed even by super low level characters, just pop in from time to time to check on his health, if you see it under 2 pips it's time to get ready making runs at him, you can literally just wait until everyone else kills him then only visit him when he is in the killing blow state - all his hearts are up, but they all have only 1 hp; do miniscule damage to each heart and get the best killing loot gear
    • your gear will get dragon forged 100% if you are there for the kill

Currently on the PS3 with his generation being over 60 damaging the online version is kind of a pointless exercise, no matter just how bad ass you are, his health is phenomenal, it's easier just to check from time to time if he is getting low. On the 360 I don't know exactly how tough he is but his gen is about half that in the 30s, meaning your individual input matters a bit more.

For more detailed info: http://dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Ur-Dragon

Bassario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Bassario

Thanks Tennmuerti, thats a fantastic guide, I will bump this occasionally for others to see.

<3

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Karkarov

@Tennmuerti said:

Currently on the PS3 with his generation being over 60 damaging the online version is kind of a pointless exercise, no matter just how bad ass you are, his health is phenomenal, it's easier just to check from time to time if he is getting low. On the 360 I don't know exactly how tough he is but his gen is about half that in the 30s, meaning your individual input matters a bit more.

Just as a heads up he is currently on gen 32 right now on the 360 and I don't know what the issue is but the dude aint dieing. I have literally been doing runs on him here and there since around 5pm EST and he has only lost like 1.5 pip's. Which is pretty sad when you consider I can do about a 10th of a pip by myself. I am assuming either no one else is bothering (unlikely) or 360 is plagued by newbs who keep dieing.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#5  Edited By Slag
    Bravestar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Bravestar

dying does not refill his health, however he does heal if you go in and out. so if you just "check on him", you are screwing everybody else over. check the twitters for health updates.

I think the urdragon got stronger during the grace period(the 15 or so minutes in which you can kill him super easily) with the last patch. so it's not as easy to just walk in there and get all the hearts with a few hits.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.