Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dreamfall: The Longest Journey

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Apr 17, 2006

Funcom's long-awaited follow-up to the point-and-click adventure, The Longest Journey. Dreamfall depicts three unique characters who live apparently disparate lives, but whose stories are intertwined, along with the fate of two worlds.

Mods for Dreamfall: The Longest Journey?

DJJoeJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By DJJoeJoe

I'm wondering if there are any visual mods/texture replacements out for this game, preferably HD re-texture work for characters or environments that I should check out. I'm interested in checking this game out, and I've been known to enjoy good user created mods that make old games better looking, or look like you 'think' they should look instead of what they actually do look like.

To be clear I don't really think the game looks terrible, it seems to have some good animation and that seems to help older games age well. Along with decent style.

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By spazmaster666

Google is your friend. Some of those links seem to be broken though.

Grumbel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 99

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Grumbel

I collected some mod tools at http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/dreamfall/ I don't know of any hi-res texture packs, that bit of modding that happened with the game was mostly just for-fun texture swap stuff and browsing through the data files to extract music and stuff.

DJJoeJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DJJoeJoe

@spazmaster666: I saw that before I posted, most of them looked weird/lame and none were re-textures for the game to bring it up in resolution.

@Grumbel: Yea that's a bummer I wish I was active in texture work cause I'd gladly spend time re-texturing random games for those people like myself that really appreciate that sort of thing for going back to games, making them look like how you remember rather than how they actually are which is always worse :(

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By spazmaster666

@DJJoeJoe said:

@spazmaster666: I saw that before I posted, most of them looked weird/lame and none were re-textures for the game to bring it up in resolution.

Probably not enough demand for it for anyone to bother with any HD texture mods for that game.

DJJoeJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DJJoeJoe

@spazmaster666: Yea of course, old game that wasn't really incredibly popular at any point. The internet doesn't fail at having what you want very often, but when it does fail it fails pretty hard. Wonder if that's a thing that would ever 'take off'... a whole old game re-texturing internet fad. I'd love that, there ARE tools out there like textmod/uMod that allow realtime switching of textures for 'any' game or 'most' games so the means are there, just need to drive.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.