Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Drew Scanlon

Person » credited in 9 games

A past contract artist from Backbone Entertainment and former Video Producer at Giant Bomb, Drew ran the West Coast production arm of Giant Bomb along with Jason from 2013 to 2017, whilst also appearing regularly on the Giant Bombcast, in Quick Looks, and in other such video content.

Drew and Cloth Map

wmoyer83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By wmoyer83

So it looks like Drew is going to be a globe trotting adventurer and sharing his discoveries on how games are played all over the world. This is very cool.

https://www.patreon.com/clothmap

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
    deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Cloth Map is a good fucking name for a gaming focused travel show.

I'm in.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Seems to be exactly what fits Drew. Glad it's still game related instead of being a pure travel programme

dr_monocle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a really awesome idea that blends two of my favorite things. I'm so excited to see what he cooks up.

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Great name. A great fit for Drew. Also, for me as games and travel also define who I am. I love it. Absolutely am supporting him on his adventures.

Wish him the absolute best! Oh, did I say already how awesome Cloth Map is for a name?!

Avatar image for osheadiesstupid
    OsheaDiesStupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should feature his documentary on Giant Bomb. Kinda sad that it's not actually just a GB production. Both the site and CBS would have benefited from something like this

slipperyfox23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't help thinking about that Quick Look that Jeff and Ryan did about that time-traveling FPS. I think it was based on Ray Bradbury's A Sound of Thunder but I forget the title.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
    AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

I didn't see this posted, so apologies if it was, but Drew posted his first VLOG on the youtubes:

Loading Video...

It's pretty good and enjoyable as he takes you through some of his setup process. As you would expect, he somehow constructs IKEA products perfectly and without the process everyone else goes through, which is 1) building part of it upside down and having to take it apart and re-do it, 2) throwing parts of it across the room and walking away pissed, 3) leaving it half-built for several hours minimum, 4) having some of it just not fit together at all, 5) shedding tears out of futility/frustration, 6) seemingly completing the construction minutes prior to full exhaustion, and 7) staring at the left-over pieces wondering where in the fuck they were supposed to go.

Then, because Drew has hours of post-IKEA bonus time, he builds something else for fun, which turns out to be some sweet-ass metallic SR-71 Blackbird. Again, it's methodically and flawlessly built to the point of looking easy, because of course it was. Anyway, I found this video charming, and it's cool to see Drew doing his own thing. I was kinda curious what this was going to be or what it would be like without him riffing off the GB crew, but I'm pleasantly surprised as to how entertaining it is to see Drew doing Drew-ass things, and now I'll be watching this project with some real interest.

LawGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

"I would love to actually turn this into a functional office. Like with a desk or something." - Drew Scanlon, Founder of Cloth Map

That needs to be the Patreon pitch for Cloth Map.

Drew always seemed like a super private guy when he was at GB, so I'd never seen any of his life outside of that, but I have to say his room looks exactly like you would envision it. Although I am a bit surprised he settled for handwritten labels on those plastic totes and not, say, those metal bracket label things.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.