Drew "Punmaster" Scanlon grew up in California and graduated from UCLA with a B.A. in Design|Media Arts. As a member of Delta Kappa Epsilon, Drew was mischievous enough to learn how to chug a can of Coke in record times. These skills would later be showcased in a video for Giant Bomb, resulting in sugar overdoses and diabetic comas for many poor saps trying to beat his time.
His first break came with Adobe, as he would teach various software workshops at UCLA. After this, he would find work with Electronic Arts doing video game testing. In 2007, Drew started an internship with the Grammy-winning company Motion Theory, where he worked on commercials for big brand names like Nike, Red Bull, and Sears. His work led him to becoming a contract artist for Backbone Entertainment.
Drew was hired by Giant Bomb as a producer in 2009 following a period as intern.
In early 2017, Drew became a meme displaying confusion or disbelief in response to stimuli.
The GIF comes from a GiantBomb video “Unprofessional Fridays.” Drew’s reaction comes when Jeff Gerstmann says “Farming with my hoe” while playing a game.
On the 21 February 2017 Bombcast, he announced that March 3rd would be his last day at Giant Bomb.
On March 13, 2017, Drew announced his new project: Cloth Map. According to Cloth Map's website, it is "a travel documentary series, focused on the lives and game-playing habits of people around the globe." The first destination will be Ukraine.
- Graduated from UCLA in 2008 with a B.A. in Design|Media Arts.
- Along with Brian Williams, he helped create the Half-Life 2: Prison Escape mod.
- Enjoys disc golf.
- Chugs 12 oz. cans of Coke REALLY fast.
- Thinks the Flash site Kongregate is "interesting".
- Vice President of Risk Management for Delta Kappa Epsilon.
- Currently working on UPA Ultimate Frisbee 2011 for EA Sports.
- Has urinated for 92 seconds straight.
- Has written two reviews, one for Dirt 2 and one for Dirt 3.
- Can be seen in the background, along with Brad, on the UK OXM report, talking to a security guard, while an interview was taking place.
- Has an uncanny resemblance to Dexter Morgan.
- Has a place in Tahoe where he plays Star Wars Pinball.
- Is one of the bravest men alive, for opening and eating from the dreaded fish can to christen the old San Francisco office.
- Uses the name "Fuzzy Nuts" when racing.
- Is probably the only one in the office who can speak a language other than English. He can speak German.
- Went to North Korea on vacation in 2012.
- He shot several arrows at a target inside a building during the Big Live Live Show: Live 3. He had been practising in the hallway of the apartment building that he lives in.
- When playing Xbox, prefers "The Duke" over the "S Type" controller.
- Uses the elevator music from Toejam & Earl as his ringtone.
- Is allergic to nuts.
- Can recite Dwight D. Eisenhower's D-Day speech from memory aside from the ending (and type it into DOS).
- When growing up, Drew frequently ate Peanut Butter Pickle Sandwiches.
- Drew hates chairs, that's why he's always standing.
- His middle name starts with a "B".
- Known "Clown Sander".
- Prefers not to curse.
- Has been known to refer to the Square button on a PlayStation controller as the "H" button.
- Known as DJ T-Shirt in some circles.
- Shares a birthday with Andre the Giant and Pol Pot
- The best present Drew ever got was a Fire Truck
- Does not deify snowmen.