Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Duke Nukem Forever

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Jun 14, 2011

After approximately fourteen years of development, the heavily infamous sequel to Duke Nukem 3D was finally released, in which the macho Duke must damper yet another alien invasion.

Sequel?

supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By supermonkey122

Do you guys think that there will be a sequel to DNF?  I know it's selling well but I hope that they don't rush it.  Then again I hope it dosen't take 14 years either lol.
    UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By UlquioKani

Gearbox brought the IP, they are probably going to do more with it

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By PhatSeeJay

DNF seems more like a social experiment right now. Let it out in the world and see how people respond to it. And we're more talking tone, humor and so on now.

I doubt they'll put out a sequel without working and figuring out the core of who Duke, and what the world around him, should be in today's day and age.

MajorToms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By MajorToms

I don't see Gearbox turning around and writing a sequel to a game they didn't write to begin with. They probably didn't want to release all the parts of DNF. That being said, the IP is theirs now, so there is no telling what they might do. I hope they come out with something balls to the walls ridiculous while staying current with modern times.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By shadows_kill

I think DNF was just released so they could release and I think they are themselves working on their own Duke game now. Well probably after the Furious Four game and I hope they do a Borderlands sequal after that then maybe Duke..

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By Hizang

There will be one, but they need to improve almost everything. We all let the issues with Forever slide because hey, Duke Nukem Forever is a game that actully got released. But with the second one people will be slot more critical and won't get it if it's not a good game.

sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By sameeeeam

Gearbox wouldn't have bought the IP if they didn't plan on making a sequel.

briangodsoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By briangodsoe

They need to adapt Duke in some way to make him work better in the 21st century but what could they do? I actually like Ryan's idea of Duke being Duke but everybody starts seeing him for what he is and starts treating him like he's an asshole they're barley tolerating. Or they could run with the president thing. It would be something like this: 

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Gearbox wouldn't have bought the IP if they didn't intend to do something with it. The critical reception might change the plans somewhat, but so far the sales seem pretty good, so I can totally see them developing a sequel at some point in the future.

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By FreakAche

Gearbox needs to make more Borderlands. No more Duke or stupid looking Brothers in Arms spin-offs.

supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By supermonkey122
    @briangodsoe said:
    They need to adapt Duke in some way to make him work better in the 21st century but what could they do? I actually like Ryan's idea of Duke being Duke but everybody starts seeing him for what he is and starts treating him like he's an asshole they're barley tolerating. Or they could run with the president thing. It would be something like this: 

Ryan's idea sounds good but I seriously doubt that they will do that
    bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By bybeach

It won't be a sequel, it will be a restart of DN. Better that than mucking up another franchise that was never made for BS.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13  Edited By KaosAngel

Considering you idiots bought 2 million units of this shit game in one week, it's a sure thing they'll make a sequel.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#14  Edited By JJWeatherman

Duke Nukem Forever 2: Coming in 2012

(or holiday 2011)

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#15  Edited By jacksukeru

He'll be a playable character in Borderlands 2.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By Marz

I'd say Duke's legendary status has been stained for good... he's just not a cool character anymore, I'd be surprised if Gearbox actually made another game based off of Duke.

briangodsoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By briangodsoe
    @KaosAngel said:

Considering you idiots bought 2 million units of this shit game in one week, it's a sure thing they'll make a sequel.

Insults and name calling, you seem pretty intelligent. I want to hear more from this guy. 
    Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By Sticky_Pennies

There will probably be a sequel, and it might actually be good. A shorter development period would only serve to do it some good.

Duke needs to learn to make his own terrible quotes instead of stealing them from movies, too. Whatever happened to kicking ass and chewing bubble gum, and comparing faces with asses?

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By laserbolts
    @KaosAngel

I don't see how people are idiots for buying this game. If you have the money and are really interested in playing this game there is nothing wrong with that. Grow up.
    DjCmeP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DjCmeP

Haven't played DNF for obvious reasons but I hope they continue making Duke Nukem games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@KaosAngel said:

I'd even buy two more copies of it for each of your copies of Nomura wankery and shitty masturbatory car simulations, ya cretinous butthorn bitch just so the market will create a bigger demand for it. :P

The next game with the Duke IP will be a strategy game based on his run for President.

kidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By kidman

@KaosAngel said:

Waaaaa waaaaa? I'm happy it sold so well, gearbox deserves that for the risk they've taken. I will be buying DNF only if for the box to stand on my shelf. Yes, I've played it, yes it's not very good but i don't care.

I really hope Gearbox makes another Duke game. I think i would take it over Borderlands 2.. (which i love, played it for over 40hrs).

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Subjugation

They set up for a sequel with how DNF ends.

peacebrother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By peacebrother

Gearbox will make another, and it will be infinitely better than DNF.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@AnimZero said:

There will probably be a sequel, and it might actually be good. A shorter development period would only serve to do it some good.

Duke needs to learn to make his own terrible quotes instead of stealing them from movies, too. Whatever happened to kicking ass and chewing bubble gum, and comparing faces with asses?

Rowdy Roddy Piper took it back. Don't assume that most of the lines from Duke 3D weren't rip-offs as well.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.