Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dungeon Siege

Franchise »

A series of hack 'n' slash, loot gathering, dungeon-crawling Action RPGs by Gas Powered Games.

Steam - Dungeon Siege Complete on Sale

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By breadfan

So the complete collection of Dungeon Siege is on sale on Steam for $10. I've got little interest to play Dungeon Siege 3, but how does the original hold up?

hugh_jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By hugh_jazz

I tried to play a bit of the original back when I got it from my DS3 pre-order, and I guess it holds up alright. The mechanics are solid and the graphics aren't terrible. I was always partial to the way those games looked, though.

That said, why no love for DS3? It's actually quite good.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By AndrewB

The first game is still great for that kind of a game. Maybe starts off a little slow.

I never really liked 2 in the same way, but I didn't give it much of a shot. It seemed like they were trying too hard to toss in a story and lore where the first game was no-nonsense "Quest. Start."

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Morrow

I played Dungeon Siege II a lot back in my PC gamer days. I had lots of fun with it and can wholeheartedly recommend it :)

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#5  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

The first is pretty decent and holds up okay. It's got a very generic aesthetic and a bare-assed plot, but in terms of a dungeon crawler, the mechanics are rock solid.

Shivoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Shivoa

For anyone who enjoyed the game, the DLC is also in the 75% off sale (over here that makes it just shy of £2, you can't even buy a pint of beer for that little any more) and the reviews say you get a few hours of new content in a new area and some interesting new mechanics and better-than-the-main-game narrative/dialogue. There aren't a lot of reviews (going of metacritic) but they generally say it's worth it if you liked DS3 and it seems cheap enough to take a risk on pile-of-shame sitting until you get a hankering from the DS3 hack'n'slash fun.

butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By butano

a true gamer may play dungeon seige, but a true gamer would never like dungeon seige - Hardcore Dave

In all seriousness though, I've never played a Dungeon Siege game, so I'll be picking it up. The older games can run on my laptop, so it'll be nice to have something to play on it when I'm in between classes at school.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#8  Edited By alistercat

@Butano:

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.