Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

E3 2013

Concept »

The nineteenth annual Electronic Entertainment Expo took place at the Los Angeles Convention Center on June 11-13, 2013.

The Official Sony E3 2013 Thread

tonyp2121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#551  Edited By tonyp2121

Amazed, literally amazed at everything Sony said about the console, it's a day 1 buy for me, and even though I think Microsoft had a stronger showing of games in comparison to Sony, Sony managed to do everything right in regards to their console and PS+ announcements.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#552  Edited By artelinarose

Microsoft was tied up to a chair in a garage somewhere and Jack Tretton just rolled up his sleeves and went to fucking town.

Share the console generation? "Stuck in the middle with you", indeed.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#553  Edited By TruthTellah

@tonyp2121: Yeah, oddly enough, I was a bit more wowed by many of the games Microsoft showed, but Sony just made an overall better pitch for me investing in their console. And most of the games that were shown will be on both anyway. So, not a big deal.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#554  Edited By TruthTellah

@tonyp2121: Yeah, oddly enough, I was a bit more wowed by many of the games Microsoft showed, but Sony just made an overall better pitch for me investing in their console. And most of the games that were shown will be on both anyway. So, not a big deal.

Avatar image for commander_crichton
    Commander_Crichton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is all so fucking crazy, I love it!

EnduranceFun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#556  Edited By EnduranceFun

One of the best E3s ever.

My faith in gaming is restored.

NoobSauceG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 15

#557  Edited By NoobSauceG7

Sony, you guys did it! THANK YOU!

Wikitoups

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#558  Edited By Wikitoups

That banner now is completely true after today!

NoobSauceG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 15

#559  Edited By NoobSauceG7

Sony, you guys did it! THANK YOU!

Chibithor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#560  Edited By Chibithor

@zero_ said:

In case someone missed the video they had after the E3 conference; they showed a dude downloading Killzone from the PSN - but just the multiplayer component so he could play with his mate. That was kinda nifty.

Oh, nice. I saw the trailer but wasn't really paying attention, I didn't notice it was multiplayer only. This is something they eventually did with Killzone 3, you can buy just the multiplayer off PSN. Hopefully they'll extend it to other games.

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

mrpandaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#562  Edited By mrpandaman

@nictel said:

@green_incarnate said:

I don't know if anyone else caught this, but PS+ will now be required for Playstation multiplayer. It's a bit disappointing, but overall good show from Sony.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/6/10/4417172/sony-to-require-playstation-plus-membership-for-online-multiplayer-ps4

Yeah though with the free games you can argue that the deal is far from bad. A shame yes but not a disaster.

Yeah I'm already signed up for PSN Plus for their deals and such so it makes no difference.

It's damn shame, but PSN+ is well worth the admission price with the stuff you get.

mrpandaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#563  Edited By mrpandaman

@nictel said:

@green_incarnate said:

I don't know if anyone else caught this, but PS+ will now be required for Playstation multiplayer. It's a bit disappointing, but overall good show from Sony.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/6/10/4417172/sony-to-require-playstation-plus-membership-for-online-multiplayer-ps4

Yeah though with the free games you can argue that the deal is far from bad. A shame yes but not a disaster.

Yeah I'm already signed up for PSN Plus for their deals and such so it makes no difference.

It's damn shame, but PSN+ is well worth the admission price with the stuff you get.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the Polygon staff are all drunk right now.

Nephrahim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#565  Edited By Nephrahim

@gorillamopena said:

@nictel said:

@green_incarnate said:

Exactly what I said. It's annoying, I don't like fees, but this is far from a dealbeaker when you compare it to all the other stuff.

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#566  Edited By Nictel
    TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the Polygon staff are all drunk right now.

Nephrahim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#568  Edited By Nephrahim

@gorillamopena said:

@nictel said:

@green_incarnate said:

Exactly what I said. It's annoying, I don't like fees, but this is far from a dealbeaker when you compare it to all the other stuff.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#569  Edited By RonGalaxy

Sony Won The Generation

Avatar image for indiana_jenkins
    indiana_jenkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

No Caption Provided

It's so appropriate now.

frankiebeanz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#571  Edited By frankiebeanz

IM IN!

kpaadet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Those 10 mins of Sony's press conference might be the most insane in E3 history, the fact that we are at a point were letting consumers keeping their rights is rewarded with a standing round of applause is both awesome and depressing.

GG Microsoft, can't wait to hear their response.

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I was blown away, also the games they've got are far more interesting to me than the ones MS showed.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#574  Edited By TruthTellah

FFXV(ersus) is looking a little like Uncharted: Final Fantasy, and I'm not sure I'm jazzed about this direction.

But, eh, glad to see it will come out. At least it's not The Last Guardian. I'm pretty sure they took the big animal friend and slit its throat...

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
    deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samdrugbringer said:

@mrpandaman said:
    @gorillamopena said:

@nictel said:

@green_incarnate said:

If I had to guess, I would assume that's how they were willing to go for the $399 price tag for the system itself. Considering all the other stuff though? Yeah, it's definitely a trade I'll take.

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can still use Gamefly and it's only $399?

No Caption Provided
    kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#578  Edited By kerse

I was blown away, also the games they've got are far more interesting to me than the ones MS showed.

Carousel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#579  Edited By Carousel

@jdh5153 I hope you get paid well for being a shill.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#580  Edited By artelinarose
    Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nictel said:

@green_incarnate said:

The Key difference between this and Xbox Live is they are only putting multiplayer behind the wall. Nothing else. Netflix etc... is still free. It's basically an online pass system for all PS4 games. And with them trying to continue the value of PS Plus (especially including incentives to also get a Vita or PS4 if you already have PS+ for PS3) then it seems like a much less bad system. Still not fantastic, but a much better middle ground between what some publishers and consumers want.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#582  Edited By MariachiMacabre

It's pretty astonishing how badly Sony Muhammed Ali'd Microsoft. I was really hoping MIcrosoft would prove themselves (and they did some great looking games, absolutely) and they certainly brought my confidence in them up when their conference was over but MAAAAAAAAAAN. Sony just came out swinging and never missed a hit. Bravo, Sony.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, I feel like Nintendo must be -super- disappointed right now.

I mean, I had almost resigned myself to buying a Wii U. Nintendo must have been crossing its fingers that both of them would tank, allowing them to rise. But damn, Sony actually did it. I might get a Wii U eventually, but the PS4 is now the top on my list.

BobTheFork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

3 Big Mistakes:

1) Only third party exclusive were MMO's - lame

2)Paywall- I already have + and it's more than worth it but it sucks for some people AND if it's mandatory for multiplayer I expect the free stuff to go down.

3)Not dropping a mic when they shotgun blasted MS right out the door.

If you haven't seen the Used Game tutorial Sony made, see it. damned funny

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#586  Edited By TruthTellah

I mean, I had almost resigned myself to buying a Wii U. Nintendo must have been crossing its fingers that both of them would tank, allowing them to rise. But damn, Sony actually did it. I might get a Wii U eventually, but the PS4 is now the top on my list.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

After the immediate joy I felt when preordering the PS4, I realized a horrible truth:

I'm gonna have to try Outlast at some point if they're gonna give it to me.

Fuck.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FFXV(ersus) is looking a little like Uncharted: Final Fantasy, and I'm not sure I'm jazzed about this direction.

But, eh, glad to see it will come out. At least it's not The Last Guardian. I'm pretty sure they took the big animal friend and slit its throat...

It only looks like Uncharted because they wanted to show the most explosive parts of the gameplay. A lot of it was similar to previously shown footage; and all of that was basically Kingdom Hearts-Style combat with Final Fantasy.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#589  Edited By csl316

After the immediate joy I felt when preordering the PS4, I realized a horrible truth:

I'm gonna have to try Outlast at some point if they're gonna give it to me.

Fuck.

Wikitoups

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#590  Edited By Wikitoups

That banner now is completely true after today!

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It only looks like Uncharted because they wanted to show the most explosive parts of the gameplay. A lot of it was similar to previously shown footage; and all of that was basically Kingdom Hearts-Style combat with Final Fantasy.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My most favorite random moment of the conference is when the IGN Beyond crew showed up on the screen for a second.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dixavd said:

@truthtellah said:

You think that's still in there? The game seems to have changed a decent bit.

I just hope there is more gameplay than just extremely scripted segments.

Nice to see it still exists though.

winsord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@truthtellah said:

While the PS4 is at the top of the list for me, the Wii U is actually following it before the Xbox One in hopes that it will have a lot of more niche, neat, exclusive games. So many of the games between Sony and Microsoft end up being multiplatform that I'll likely be fine owning just one of the two for a while. If Nintendo can show off some more neat games that only they've got tomorrow, I'll be more interested in picking up a Wii U than the Xbox One for games like Monster Hunter, Xenoblade, Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, etc.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#598  Edited By TruthTellah
    @dixavd said:

@truthtellah said:

You think that's still in there? The game seems to have changed a decent bit.

I just hope there is more gameplay than just extremely scripted segments.

Nice to see it still exists though.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winsord said:

@truthtellah said:

While the PS4 is at the top of the list for me, the Wii U is actually following it before the Xbox One in hopes that it will have a lot of more niche, neat, exclusive games. So many of the games between Sony and Microsoft end up being multiplatform that I'll likely be fine owning just one of the two for a while. If Nintendo can show off some more neat games that only they've got tomorrow, I'll be more interested in picking up a Wii U than the Xbox One for games like Monster Hunter, Xenoblade, Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, etc.

Yeah, I am now more interested in a Wii U than a Xbox One. Though, the Wii U still needs to go a ways before I'm going to invest in it, especially with the PS4 now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.