Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

E3 2013

Concept »

The nineteenth annual Electronic Entertainment Expo took place at the Los Angeles Convention Center on June 11-13, 2013.

The Official Sony E3 2013 Thread

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

Here's the thing with the online pay wall...

If you already own a PS3/Vita and don't already have PS+, then you're a bafoon.

briangodsoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

So what will the publisher backlash from this be?

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

The Division looked fun. I'm liking the swing back to co-op multi-player. That's something that will get me to buy into more multilayer games.

Destiny looked WAAAAY better than I expected. That was some sick shadows and lighting inside the industrial area. Real stencil shadows maybe?

I just pre-ordered a PS4. Fuck it maybe I'll get a Vita too.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So do you think all the multiplats that were there (mainly 2K and Ubisoft) didn't know about it until it was announced? pls.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@turboman said:

@briangodsoe said:

None.

This. The idea that publishers somehow muscled Microsoft into their used games policies was always ridiculous to me.

tonyp2121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#613  Edited By tonyp2121
    Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
    rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#615  Edited By rollingzeppelin

man so many repeat posts ha ha

illmatic19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the PS4 outsells the Xbox One (and it's looking like it will) they can't do shit.

GabrielCantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#617  Edited By GabrielCantor
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#618  Edited By jakob187

@jdh5153 said:

@thepickle said:

@jdh5153 said:

There aren't used games on Steam, people buy tons of games on Steam, game over.

And when Xbox One starts having 90% off sales, you can start comparing it to Steam.

Already have..... I just got Fable III for free today...Halo 3 and Assassin's Creed 2 free next month. I got Dark Souls for $10 last weekend. They had a big spring sale just awhile back too, with like 20 games under $10.

That's cool. I can already do that on my PC (aside from Halo 3, which I loathe anyways), and I have no interest in Microsoft's exclusives.

Soooooo...since Microsoft is just making a PC that is going to sit in the middle of my living room, what's the point in me paying for it when I already have a PC sitting in the middle of my living room?

At least the PS4 has exclusive games that I give a shit about. I'm perfectly fine with the paywall of PS+. Free games are $60 a year? OKAY! I already paid for Xbox Live for so long, and I got sick of Microsoft just taking money and offering nothing back to us as consumers beyond "hey, you can play online." That sting was especially felt once I saw the benefits of PS+.

Sony dropped the hubris, which Microsoft then picked up and rubbed all over themselves. I have no interest in hubris.

Sony wins. Enjoy your Xbox One (I genuinely mean that). I hope it serves you well.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

darkcargio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#623  Edited By darkcargio

$399

WhytePanther

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No camera included, smart. Honestly though, if MS would realize how unnecessary Kinect integration is and sell a package without it, they could easily hit the $399 price point as well.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@mcghee said:

The $399 price for PS4 includes a 500 GB hard drive! Awesome!

http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/release/pdf/130611a_e.pdf

What I'm wondering is if it's still possible to swap the HDD. I'm looking at high-res pictures of the console and it doesn't seem to be the case. That would be a bummer.

500gb is fine, but in the coming years, 1TB seems to make more sense.

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#627  Edited By EvilTwin

Slayed.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#630  Edited By RonGalaxy

Ive explained on other threads before, the bomb squad speculating that 3rd parties have clout with the used game stuff is fucking nonsense. Without the 2 main console manufacturers, they would have no where to put games (PC is still too niche to sustain what the 3rd parties have become), so any hypothetical threat they could make towards MS or Sony would be for nothing, as it would be completely empty/without merit.

MS created the online checkins/used gameDRM/game sharing stuff on their own; it was completely their call. What does this say to me? MS wants to have complete control over their customers and the industry; Sony wants a partnership.

Sure, an all digital future is inevitable, but completely fucking disc based gaming over --and in such a quick fashion-- isn't the answer. You have to PROVE digital games are better. Once the market makes the obvious shift towards purchasing digital games, then discontinuing them in future consoles will be so much less bitter.

Seriously, people need to think shit out; it's all so simple if you take 10 minutes to think about it

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#631  Edited By onarum
    Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
    connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ive explained on other threads before, the bomb squad speculating that 3rd parties have clout with the used game stuff is fucking nonsense. Without the 2 main console manufacturers, they would have no where to put games (PC is still too niche to sustain what the 3rd parties have become), so any hypothetical threat they could make towards MS or Sony would be for nothing, as it would be completely empty/without merit.

MS created the online checkins/used gameDRM/game sharing stuff on their own; it was completely their call. What does this say to me? MS wants to have complete control over their customers and the industry; Sony wants a partnership.

Sure, an all digital future is inevitable, but completely fucking disc based gaming over --and in such a quick fashion-- isn't the answer. You have to PROVE digital games are better. Once the market makes the obvious shift towards purchasing digital games, then discontinuing them in future consoles will be so much less bitter.

Seriously, people need to think shit out; it's all so simple if you take 10 minutes to think about it

Who are you arguing against here?

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#633  Edited By onarum
    Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
    connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who are you arguing against here?

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@connerthekewlkid: No one in particular, but I did notice a few people talking about the 3rd party stuff. Just wanted to make this point clear to everyone. Everything that is wrong with the xbo was MS doing, not 3rd parties bullying them into it

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Does anyone know where I can watch an archive?

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Of course no used game restrictions means we will still need the disc in the drive to play right?

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#639  Edited By Ares42

@naru_joe93: So you don't think there's any possibility that EA (a company that more or less never gives exclusives) gave Titanfall (a game coming from probably one of the highest valued developers) as an exclusive to MS in return for some "cooperation" ? Noone's talking about companies threatening each other, they're talking about companies cooperating for even better profits.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heh, only now have I notice, MGS was a no show at SONY's PC.... I don't like that..

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#641  Edited By development
    No Caption Provided

Our savior enters the stage

THRICE_604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#643  Edited By THRICE_604

Sony going the exact opposite route of Microsoft has now put them in a position that publishers have to support them. Sony has a great shot at dominating the Xbox One this gen. Perhaps not PS2 to Xbox levels but a good margin. If the PS4 outsells the Xbox One then their larger install base means more potential customers. Publishers need to actually sell games before they can enforce any ridiculous DRM schemes. All the anti used games protection in the world matters for nothing when nobody buys that version to begin with.

rachelepithet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#644  Edited By rachelepithet

Really disappointed the camera is sold separately. With the camera, it's basically the same price as Xbox. And worst of all is required PS+. Sometimes, when your yearly sub expires, you don't have the cash to immediately renew it, need to save from a few pay checks, you know. And I hated those few week down times without multiplayer on Xbox. Two major bullet points against MS were lost here. I could've afforded the $400 with camera and no Plus. Not so sure with that extra $110 expense.

shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boocreepyfootdoctor: ps+ is really a steal to be honest, also if u buy ps+ cards from amazon when it goes on sale you can get 15 months of ps+ for about 45$. Tell me thats not a steal.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9e9473c7960
    deactivated-5d9e9473c7960

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can use Gamefly, play offline, and afford the system. I don't need to renew my PS+ sub until 2016. Also a free version of Drive Club and 3 indie games.

No Caption Provided

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#647  Edited By turboman

Really disappointed the camera is sold separately. With the camera, it's basically the same price as Xbox.

1. It's still $50 cheaper than the Xbox.
    2. Why would you want a camera to be force upon you?
    3. Drive Club is available day one with PS+, which would be the same as buying the game. You are planning on buying a game at release, aren't you?
    4. PS+ gives you an insane amount of deals. This month alone I've gotten to download Uncharted 3, Deus Ex, X-Com, Machinarium, LittleBigPlanet Karting, Saints Row: The Third, plus a bunch of Vita games that I can put in my cart and hold on to if I ever decided to buy that thing ( 12 games in my cart for that just in case).
    5. It doesn't have the camera, therefore it's basically not the same price as Xbox.
    Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#648  Edited By Aegon

I can use Gamefly, play offline, afford the system, and my PS+ sub won't need to be renewed until 2016. And a free version of Drive Club and 3 indie games.

No Caption Provided

Yeah, the PS4 is starting to arouse emotions that a beautiful lady paying attention to you would arouse.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#649  Edited By RonGalaxy

@ares42: Its an exclusive because 1) Microsoft shelled out the bones for it, 2) respawn said they aren't big enough (right now) to properly produce a multiplatform game on the scale of titanfall (75 people working on a AAA blockbuster fps is extremely low). 3)EA is being cautious. Just because some talented people work at respawn means jack shit for the games success. Most people don't know who the hell respawn or their legacy is, and this being a new IP makes it a tougher sell. So EA shopped the game to MS for some easy money. Once respawn and titanfall proves to be a bankable series, it will go over to ps4 in a flash.

Also, watch this video

The guys all hypothesize that 3rd parties muscled (they talk about whether that being threatening to raise game prices, or flat out not releasing on a specific console) the console manufacturers into providing some used game DRM. A lot of users seemed to agree with this assessment...

It was false. And I'm merely clarifying as such

zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#650  Edited By zero_
    No Caption Provided

Haha, HipHopGamer in the back with his belt...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.