Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

E3 2014

Concept »

The twentieth Electronic Entertainment Expo took place June 10-12, 2014 at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California.

Smaller games would you like to see announced at E3?

• 48 results
    sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

After getting an itch to play more Orcs Must Die 2 today, I thought it'd be kinda neat to see a sequel announced for PCs and consoles along with the usual suspects like Shadow Complex 2 and a new Wipeout. Anyone have any smaller games you'd like to see announced? And if you're going to just say "new IPs," get more specific. What kinds of games would you like to see get announced? Any particular developers? Any art styles, etc? Go nuts.

Avatar image for fear_the_booboo
    Fear_the_Booboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I was wondering about that yesterday, it's been a while since we haven't heard of Playdead, the Limbo studio.

I wasn't a fan of Limbo but it was an interesting one. They gotta be working on something new.

PimblyCharles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By PimblyCharles

I know it may not be considered a smaller game since it's a pretty well known franchise, but I'm really hoping Just Cause 3 is officially announced at E3.

Also, another Metro game would be amazing.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

They announced the new Orcs Must Die already. It's a MOBA. :/

I'd like to see Nintendo announce a new Fire Emblem, because that seems possible, which is more than I can say for any of the other things that come off the top of my head (yeahhhh... Microsoft isn't going to bring back any Rare properties anytime soon)

Sbaitso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Sbaitso

A new Windjammers might be neat, I dunno.

Transistor definitely has me itching for more action/RPG type games of that size, though I think what I'm really saying is that I just want SuperGiant to keep making more games.

Also, a new Heretic/Hexen, but only because of that thread from the other day that got me thinking about those games again, and the fact that the new Wolfenstein game turned out pretty well.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arbitrarywater: Oh damn, I did not know that. Orcs Must Die from an isometric perspective would be imteresting, though I'm not really a fan of MOBAs. I guess it's not all that different from its current gameplay though, so maybe it'll work.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8  Edited By Seppli

Annualized pint-sized multiplayer-only Battlefield games. 4 Maps. 1 Mode. 2 guns per Kit. A handful of vehicles. Creative settings. In the vein of BF1943 and BF:BC 2 Vietnam (just stand-alone). The point being more experimental and creative designs and highly focused and balanced experiences, rather than the bi-annualized bloat of recent Battlefield games.

Put two small teams on it, each working on a two year dev cycle.

enemylandlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was wondering about that yesterday, it's been a while since we haven't heard of Playdead, the Limbo studio.

Definitely this. Also, what ever happened to The Odd Gentleman? I'd love to see something new from them (if they still exist). Is the dude that made Antichamber up to anything yet? And though they're already announced I'd welcome new information on the new Drinkbox and Mike Bithell games that are in the works. Super surprise new Phil Fish game?

None of this sounds like E3 business.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Rogue Legacy 2 and Galak-Z for PC?

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AMyggen

@enemylandlord: Phil Fish is finally gonna make that acid simulation for Oculus!

But yeah, if we're going totally unrealistic here, I'd love a new Phil Fish game to be announced. I absolutely adore Fez. But it's not gonna happen. I still believe he'll be back eventually, but not yet. Wouldn't mind him on one of the E3 shows though!

sadsadsad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seppli said:

Annualized pint-sized multiplayer-only Battlefield games. 4 Maps. 1 Mode. 2 guns per Kit. A handful of vehicles. Creative settings. In the vein of BF1943 and BF:BC 2 Vietnam (just stand-alone). The point being more experimental and creative designs and highly focused and balanced experiences, rather than the bi-annualized bloat of recent Battlefield games.

That rumored (one tweet) BF:Swat by Visceral?

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I came just to say Shadow Complex 2 but alas it's in the OP.

yesac2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know if it would be considered small enough to be in the same vein as the rest of the thread, but I would love for Darksiders 3 to be announced. Don't know how likely this is after the whole THQ debacle, but a guy can dream.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I'd like to know what 2D Boy/Tomorrow Corporation is up to now. I absolutely loved World of Goo, but I thought Little Inferno fell a bit flat, yet I'd like to see if they have another project in the works. And although Telltale is working on about 29 different projects now, I'm hoping they can give Sam & Max or even Strong Bad another season. I'm fine with serious Telltale, but I also like the funny, quirky side of Telltale.

And this doesn't qualify as small, but isn't there a Sleeping Dogs sequel in the works? I'm hoping to hear more about it.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16  Edited By Seppli

@sadsadsad said:

@seppli said:

That rumored (one tweet) BF:Swat by Visceral?

I think that's going to be a 60$ full game, and not a bite-sized one as I propose. Other than that, I'm certainly curious about it. Could be really awesome. And who knows, maybe it'll really be just that. A multiplayer-only digital-only pint-sized Battlefield game with a Special Police Forces setting.

They certainly take a creative risk with that setting, and it's bound to change up gameplay substantially too.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By awesomeusername

I'll just say what I want to hear from developers:

• I want to see what Giant Sparrow is working on. I loved The Unfinished Swan and they're making another game with Sony so I'm excited to see what it is. Hopefully it's a PS4 game.
    • Telltale is apparently working on a 5th unannounced game so I'd like to see that. Star Wars?! That'd be great.
    • thatgamecompanys new game. Journey was gorgeous and I liked flower (flOw sucks) so I want to see what they're working on next. Although I doubt we'll see anything.
    • To The Moon 2! I mean that won't be the name but a sequel to To The Moon. Game wrecked my poor heart and then ended with a cliffhangar. I want more!
    • New game from Queasy Games. Sound Shapes is one of my favorite indie/downloadable games so I'll eat up anything from Queasy now.
    • Mark of the Ninja (2?) on PS4. (First one is pretty damn good but I didn't finish it because I hate KB+M.)
    • New game from Subset games. Or just a port of FTL to Vita or PS4. Whichever. Well, I'd prefer the latter.

As for announced games, I'd like to hear more about Rime, Hyper Light Drifter, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture AND Routine announced for PS4.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't have a specific title in mind, but I'm curious to see if Ubisoft will continue to release smaller, digital-only titles along the lines of Gunslinger, Blood Dragon and Child of Light. I don't think those games are perfect, but they're all compelling in their own way and not necessarily the kind of stuff you'd expect to see coming from a large publisher.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

@arbitrarywater: Oh damn, I did not know that. Orcs Must Die from an isometric perspective would be imteresting, though I'm not really a fan of MOBAs. I guess it's not all that different from its current gameplay though, so maybe it'll work.

It's not from an isometeric perspective as far as I can tell either. I guess the closest comparison would be Super Monday Night Combat... which I didn't like a whole lot.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Capum15

I really would love more info on No Man's Sky. God that reveal trailer was fucking great.

Edit: Probably doesn't count as announced, but whatever.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SomeDeliCook

Wouldn't happen, but it'd be cool to see a sequel/successor to State of Decay.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@capum15: That's perfectly fine. Feel free to get as excited about announced titles as you want, particularly when we've seen so relatively little. I'd love to see more of it too.

And after getting my teeth into it, I'd love to see a follow-up or spiritual successor to Steamworld Dog make its way to PS4and Xbox One. That's a great game.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Total pipedream:

I want an HD-version of Einhander for the Vita.

NeoGC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd definitely like to see a sequel to Gravity Rush at this year's E3, as well as any new IPs. New IPs really get me excited, as I hate whenever gaming falls into a "Sequel-slump" every now and then and the creative new titles don't get the attention they deserve.

Oh,and I'd also like more details specifically on Persona 5 (But that's probably more of a TGS-thing), and a North American release date for Persona Q, but somehow I don't see that happening.

rustyaries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

@sbaitso: Man if Iron Galaxy is doing I will be super pumped. Johnny V really acted like Dave had something big to drop during that now infamous GDC Show.

Dussck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Loading Video...

@sbaitso: Man if Iron Galaxy is doing I will be super pumped. Johnny V really acted like Dave had something big to drop during that now infamous GDC Show.

I assumed that was about revealing that they were doing the Borderlands Vita thing?

rustyaries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dussck: Who knows? It could have been that or the Killer Instinct stuff. I just wonder if Iron Galaxy is going to get another shot an 'new' ip (Taking into account that there is probably no way we actually get a Windjammers 2, but more of a spiritual successor due to weird ip rights issues). Divekick they bought, Wreckateer is the closest thing we have to a new ip from IG.

sadsadsad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sega put their name on some cool new franchises last gen, would be nice to see some sequels (even if they were WiiU exclusive).

Beta Protocol

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

I don't know if it would be considered small enough to be in the same vein as the rest of the thread, but I would love for Darksiders 3 to be announced. Don't know how likely this is after the whole THQ debacle, but a guy can dream.

The series isn't dead according to the creator, they are just looking for the best option. they said that there won't be a second best solution.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Johnny V was talking about the KI stuff in that video.

There's not a lot of games I can think of I'd like to see as announcements, at this stage I just want to see some dates attached to a bunch of smaller indie games being made.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does Wasteland 2 count as a "smaller game"? Because I've been waiting for that for a loooong time.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hugo's House of Horrors CE DX.

Kind of a safe bet, I know, but some folks say that the Hugo franchise just isn't the blockbuster it once was, so hey.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#34  Edited By BaneFireLord

@pimblycharles said:

I know it may not be considered a smaller game since it's a pretty well known franchise, but I'm really hoping Just Cause 3 is officially announced at E3.

This would be the only announcement that could effectively salvage a show bereft of Fallout 4.

Does Wasteland 2 count as a "smaller game"? Because I've been waiting for that for a loooong time.

Isn't that already out?

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Dead Nation 2

Enslaved 2

Tales From Space: ______

Rainbow Moon 2

Gatling Gears 2

Hunted: The Demon's Forge 2

Dante's Inferno 2

And I know it doesn't count but X-COM 2!!!

PimblyCharles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Enslaved 2

This would make my E3, but the chances are so slim. It sold so poorly, even though it was arguably a fantastic game. It is easily in my top 5 for best games of last generation.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

@ethanielrain: I believe they announced a sequel to Rainbow Moon called Rainbow World. Haven't heard much about it since it was announced.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Loading Video...

So many possibilities...Singularity felt really under-rated and under-appreciated. They could do so much more with the time-shifting mechanics.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pimblycharles said:

This would be the only announcement that could effectively salvage a show bereft of Fallout 4.

@stonyman65 said:

Isn't that already out?

It's currently an early-access game on steam. Not out of development yet.

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By EthanielRain

@ethanielrain said:

Enslaved 2

This would make my E3, but the chances are so slim. It sold so poorly, even though it was arguably a fantastic game. It is easily in my top 5 for best games of last generation.

Yeah, I'd say the chances are less than slim (never ever going to happen). But it would probably be the most exciting thing E3 could ever offer for me, I really fell in love with the characters.

@ethanielrain: I believe they announced a sequel to Rainbow Moon called Rainbow World. Haven't heard much about it since it was announced.

Oh wow, totally missed that! Thanks...although it's called "Rainbow Skies"; Rainbow World is something quite different, as a Google search will show ;)

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Pokemon Snap 2!!

Mystyr_E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

#43  Edited By Mystyr_E

not sure if "small" but new Viewtiful Joe, or very least the first 2 in a spiffy HD package

not sure if they have rights and stuff but a sequel to Okami

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

Descent 4, and maybe some Ace Combat game for Vita.

Crembaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Crembaw

I know it won't happen, but I'd love to see something SMT related that wasn't Persona.

infantpipoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

User Lists: 24

Transistor coming to Vita, I hope.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By mikey87144

Sleeping Dogs 2.

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

I wasn't a fan of Limbo but it was an interesting one. They gotta be working on something new.

I would love to see what they are working on. That would probably be the indie announcement I would want most. I'm also interested to see what Flying Wild Hog is up to as I enjoyed both Hard Reset and Shadow Warrior a lot. And while I wasn't a huge fan of The Unfinished Swan I am curious what Giant Sparrow is working on. I don't think we'll be seeing new games from thatgamecompany, The Fullbright Company, or any of the handful of new studios created in the wake of Irrational closing down, but I am curious what all those studios are up to.

As far as announced stuff, I'd really like The Witness to finally come out. And more info on Rime would be cool. Also I'd enjoy any new announcements from Ubisoft about new games using the UbiArt Framework or other smaller things along the lines of Blood Dragon.

@crembaw said:

I know it won't happen, but I'd love to see something SMT related that wasn't Persona.

Why do you think that won't happen? I mean I doubt there would be any major presence for a non-Persona game at the show, but there are new SMT games released pretty regularly on the DS/3DS. Actually, I don't know if it came out in Japan yet, but wasn't there some sort of SMT/Fire Emblem crossover in the works? I'm almost positive that didn't come out over here. Maybe Nintendo will be showing that off?

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

theaterythm curtain call is something I look forward to hear about.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Personally I wouldn't mind hearing something about a new Shadowrun RPG sequel. But highly doubt it will be through E3 if at all.

They announced the new Orcs Must Die already. It's a MOBA. :/

Pfffffffft, what?!?!

Awwww man. :(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.