Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

E3 2015

Concept »

The twenty-first annual Electronic Entertainment Expo took place June 16-18, 2015 at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California.

Best indie game you've seen @ E3 2015

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Giant_Gamer

Indie games can be easily missed because of big publishers announcments and i'm pretty sure i missed some good ones. Here in this thread i'm hoping to see what cool games i might have missed. So tell us about the best indie game you've seen at E3!

The best game i've seen so far was Cup Heads(PC/Xone). The art direction and sprites animation was spot on and makes you feel like you are actually watching an 80's cartoon. Hell, i'm pretty sure that i could enjoy watching a playthrough of it, let alone play it.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Yeah, Cuphead looks so fuckin rad. That's probably the one for me as well.

Deathstriker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cuphead is the only one I recall seeing that I'd love to play right this second, or at least watch someone play it in front of me.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Pezen

@giant_gamer: More like a 30's cartoon, but I agree with you. Cuphead looks fantastic.

Personally, aside from Cuphead, off the top of my head;

• Firewatch: I like the premise and the game looks very nice. Not to mention Camp Santo has a nice assortment of talent that I trust to produce quality.
    • Tacoma: I loved Gone Home and Steve Gaynor has the best cyberpunk picture feed on tumblr.
    • Unravel: Because the game feels so uniquely Swedish.
    • Beyond Eyes: Really liked the art style and the overall concept and what I've gathered of what the story is about.
    coolarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Cuphead and No Man's Sky

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pezen: yeah, I'm looking forward to firewatch and I have just checked unravel and it looks pretty good.

But i'm still not sure about Beyond Eyes and Tacoma because their trailers didn't give me a clear picture of what they are.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Ashen looked the most interesting to me

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By zombie2011

Cuphead, Below and Ashen are what i'm looking forward to the most.

Really interested in Cuphead after hearing it's just bosses and a hub world. Like the idea of hard games like that having short levels so it's just pick up and play, and doesn't become frustrating.

jsgr93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like Cuphead left us all impressed. Really enjoyed Gone Home, so Tacoma interests me. Firewatch and Unravel as well.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only thing that disappointed me about Cuphead was that the footage was brief and some of it was rehashed from last year's trailer. I need to see that game being played. No Man's Sky being played on stage left me feeling pretty positive about that. I almost forgot about that game.

BizarroZoraK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, finding out that Cuphead might be a brutal masochistic platformer in the same vein as Super Meat Boy was a little disappointing. I'm not great at videogames to begin with, so the idea of another game that'll make me want to break my controller and pull my hair out doesn't sound appealing. Still, that art style looks incredible, so I'm remaining cautiously optimistic for now.

Other than that, I would probably go with No Man's Sky, if that even counts. It's just hard to believe that a game of that scope is being made by anything less than a AAA-sized team. I'm still trying to grasp exactly what that game is, but all the footage that's been shown so far looks really intriguing.

sawtooth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

THUMPER

jondan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jondan

@pezen said:

• Firewatch: I like the premise and the game looks very nice. Not to mention Camp Santo has a nice assortment of talent that I trust to produce quality.
    @bizarrozorak said:

Other than that, I would probably go with No Man's Sky, if that even counts. It's just hard to believe that a game of that scope is being made by anything less than a AAA-sized team. I'm still trying to grasp exactly what that game is, but all the footage that's been shown so far looks really intriguing.

These are the two I'm the most into, for mostly the same reasons. Really clever people working on both. I really like the visual aesthetic of Firewatch, and the sheer scope of No Man's Sky is strangely alluring.

Avatar image for asilentprotagonist
    ASilentProtagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cuphead looks absolutely amazing. I just hope the extremely punishing difficulty isn't just there to pad out the games length/content. "Inside" wasn't at this years E3, or else that would've been my choice.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Substance_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unravel looks alright, but Tacoma is the only game that I know will be good.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Zalrus9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm reaaaly excited for Skyshine's BEDLAM. Loved The Banner Saga, and this game seems to be that but in a post-apocalypse.

I also can't wait for Super Time Force Ultra to come out for Vita. So I can play it, at long last.

Avatar image for nocookiesforyou
    NoCookiesForYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm still not sold on No Man's Sky. I'll wait for some reviews and gameplay videos.

Firewatch has interesting visuals and I really like the idea around it. That being said I feel like darker visuals could serve the game better for what they're trying to do.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@giant_gamer: Beyond Eyes seems similar to Unfinished Swan in that you uncover the world around you in some way. In this game the scenario was that the girl was blind and I am guessing the world builds up by sound or something, I don't know. It looked very nice. Tacoma seems like it'll end up being a Gone Home-type game in space, but that could also be super reductive I suppose or I might be projecting my expectations on them. Either way, I'll give them the benefit of doubt considering how much I loved Gone Home.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By penguindust

Cuphead, sure, but I was also interested in Devolver Digital's Eitr. It's got a Diablo vibe to it that I like.

amafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Cuphead is one of the most visually striking games I can remember ever seeing. Loving the 20s/30s animation look.

No Man's Sky is like someone crawled inside my head and designed a game specifically for me, which is exciting.

And I can't wait to find out what Firewatch is. Looks great too.

meteora3255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Adrift, Cuphead, Tacoma, Firewatch and No Man's Sky were the ones that I was most intrigued by although I have some questions about all of them.

I am worried that Cuphead's visuals might be the only thing separating it from other action platforners. That said they nailed that old Max Fleischer animation style and I would argue it's one of the best looking games I have seen this year.

Tacoma, Firewatch and Adrift are all first person adventure games that seem to be built around exploring. Nothing wrong with that but in a post Gone Home world I wonder what they do to make them unique.

No Man's Sky is still a mystery. I keep getting deja vu of Molyneux and the first Fable whenever I hear Sean Murray talk about the game. The game they are trying to make sounds amazing but will that be the game that ships.

Gruff182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cuphead is visually impressive, but the devs have said it's a series of long boss fights, rather than a traditional platformer. Which gives me doubts.

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Giant_Gamer
    @bizarrozorak said:

Honestly, finding out that Cuphead might be a brutal masochistic platformer in the same vein as Super Meat Boy was a little disappointing. I'm not great at videogames to begin with, so the idea of another game that'll make me want to break my controller and pull my hair out doesn't sound appealing. Still, that art style looks incredible, so I'm remaining cautiously optimistic for now.

True, Cupheads have bigger chance of success by adding difficulty options where one of them is designed for non-gamers .Because of how nostalgic it visuals looks, i'm pretty sure that it will attract many different types of players.

@pezen said:

@giant_gamer: Beyond Eyes seems similar to Unfinished Swan in that you uncover the world around you in some way. In this game the scenario was that the girl was blind and I am guessing the world builds up by sound or something, I don't know. It looked very nice. Tacoma seems like it'll end up being a Gone Home-type game in space, but that could also be super reductive I suppose or I might be projecting my expectations on them. Either way, I'll give them the benefit of doubt considering how much I loved Gone Home.

Now i really have to play Gone Home. I've bought at a steam sale and still haven't tried it.

@csl316 said:
    @yummylee said:

Death's Gambit looks faaaaaaan-tabby-tastic.

Good call, I missed that one. Looks great.

Wow, this game looks badass!

I really like it when game developers just go nuts with their games.

bluefish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is me too.

No Man's Sky still looks great and Firewatch's E3 trailer was the first I've seen that made me very much want to play it. So that I guess?

Darkest Dungeon also looks friggin' sweet. Looking forward to it on Vita. :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.