Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

E3 2016

Concept »

The twenty-second annual Electronic Entertainment Expo took place June 14-16, 2016 at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California.

Let's feed the soulless marketing machine that is E3 and make some predictions.

• 59 results
    superkebabi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By superkebabi

Disagree re: Shenmue update, pretty sure there's next to nothing ready for a press conference there. At most a few seconds of in engine footage and/or concept art, I think

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

There will be some new gameplay for Ghost Recon: Wildlands shown, and a release date of Summer 2017 announced.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@big_denim: Well it's already known that they're working on Metro 3 so be pumped!

BrainScratch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By BrainScratch

I don't have much to add, I just wanted to say that I think @adequatelyprepared completely nailed it, specially on the Ubisoft part and, speaking of which, I think the only thing missing there is "Aisha Tyler trying to be funny but just making things more awkward and cringy instead"

Levio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

I'm just looking forward to the Sony VR stuff.

Either it's good and we have something to kind of look forward to, or it's bad and we can just laugh at it with the other early VR jank.

Hopefully MS also announces a new Kinect! We need more Kinect quick looks.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

A bunch of overhyped shit that doesn't matter that much will get shown off, and then Yasumi Matsuno will divide the sky and float down from the Heavens where he resides. He will exclaim "LO, BUT I HAVE DESCENDED UPON THEE TO DELIVER NEWS OF GREAT WEALTH, FOR I HAVE ACQUIRED RIGHTS TO THE GAME KNOWN AS VAGRANT STORY. AND LO, I SHALL CREATE A SEQUEL, AND IT WILL BE GOOD. PRAISE BE UNTO ME."

Then I'll probably shit myself with joy and freak out because there's no other clean clothes to wear right now because I haven't done laundry.

acsellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By acsellers

Here's a long shot...

Microsoft announces a strategic partnership with Valve to allow gamers to play their Steam games on Xbox One. You'll get a Steam app to download games that will look like BC 360 games, but with a Steam ribbon instead of 360. To do this you'll link your Steam account to your Xbox account on a website or on first launch of the app. Steam games that have an Xbox One version will get new depots that are Xbox One specific (Dead Rising 3 cough, cough). New games can upload an Xbox One version like they can upload Windows, Mac and Linux versions. The Xbox One will run the Windows version if an Xbox One depot is not provided. The Steam app can also take advantage of the In Home Streaming feature of Steam just like every other Steam client.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Watch Dogs 2 shown to be 100% photorealistic; releases on Wolf3D engine. I still end up liking it, because dammit, Watch Dogs was fun.

MDK2 VR.

An hour long presentation by Hideo Kojima in which he simply stares at us until we confess to being ashamed of our words and deeds.

Half Life 2 HD Remix.

The NX is revealed to literally be two Wii Us duct taped together.

Tony Hawk shows up and does sick kickflips, then leaves. Entirely unplanned.

MS and Sony announce the Playbox, fanboys everywhere start punching themselves in the face in confusion.

Steam 2.

Tiger Electronics announces the Game.Com Color.

And that's pretty much it. Mark my words... my uncle works at E3, and he swears this is all true.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#59  Edited By hermes

Those are some pretty good predictions... I will add that we will get some focus on the new Mass Effect game, including a date and on stage demo. Also, new Batman Arkham game, new DLC for Rise of the Tomb Raider and Uncharted 4.

Finally, a lot of attention will be put in presenting new hardware: Microsoft Hololens and XBox 1.5, and Sony VR and PS4.5; I am expecting some concrete details about the hololens (release date and/or price) since they can't keep this demo version forever.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Giant Bomb will get another shady and oddly cozy place to stream from.

UnInvincible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only sure thing is that the Ubisoft conference will trigger my second-hand embarrassment for at least 50% of the duration.

I'm excited for some of their upcoming games and I'm excited for E3 in general though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.