Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

E3 2017

Concept »

The twenty-third annual Electronic Entertainment Expo took place June 13-15, 2017 at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California.

I'm going to E3 as part of Ubisoft's Star Player Program. Should I vlog it, or just live it?

Turul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This will probably my only chance to visit E3, and I have the equipment and abilities to produce a decent quality vlog of my trip during E3, but I'm also a bit worried it could take away from the experience. Should I vlog to capture it and share with others, or just live in the moment?

What would you guys do?

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

What @kingbonesaw means is: don't go out in public with those sideburns.

You could plan to vlog it and if it seems to take away from the fun at any point, just stop. You don't have to commit to it.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

I'd just live it myself, I feel like when you try to record too much of what you are doing you don't get to just enjoy the moment. But that's just me.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@turul: Unless you want to turn it into a business opportunity then just enjoy yourself. If you do have a robust YouTube channel and have it ad-sens'd and all that and can potentially make money from it, then why not, after all you have an audience so why not make content for them to watch. If you're thinking of doing it just for people here or as a hobby thing, then I'd skip it as we already get our fill of E3 coverage from the Bomb crew during the show with numerous podcasts and features, and you'll end up concentrating more on trying to get video instead of seeing things with your very own two eyeballs.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why do you care if some random people on the internet gets to experience your E3 experience ?

superdomino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turul: im going too (but just by myself) and im planning on doing at least some vlog/podcast kinda stuff. no idea if ill ever do it again. i plan on doing most of it while im stuck in line

chrispaul92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it's probably your only chance then just take it all in and live it and enjoy it.

kcin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By kcin

There's gonna be tooooons of #content already. This will be the first year in a few that I can't make it, but in my experience, the only reason to shoot pics or vids if you're not press is for your own edification. But hey, there's tons of cool shit to take pictures of! I just can't imagine you'd be able to provide a service that hundreds of others won't already be providing - there are always tons of people walking around the floor with big camera setups. I like to take a lot of cell phone pics of the floor and some vids of various booths just to show my friends, frankly.

As an aside, I super recommend not spending an hour or more in any lines. Most (if not all) of the demos they show behind closed doors to people who wait in line on the show floor are released as videos within a month or two of the event. At best, they give you some dumb piece of swag for making it through the line. Go PLAY as much shit as you can. The publisher booths are my favorite, as they have TONS of playable small-scale games (Sony usually has the most by quite a bit), and the IndieCade section is great, too. PLAY the games! And don't be afraid to talk to the reps/devs! They have always been super friendly and happy to see people interested in their games.

FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

Live it. People spend way too much time looking at things through cameras instead of enjoying them.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.