Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

EarthBound

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Aug 27, 1994

A 1994 role-playing game starring a young boy named Ness on his quest to save the world. The game and its quirky humor have garnered a dedicated cult following among RPG fans.

Earthbound Quick Look

Brenderous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

It's a super old game, but I'd really like to see the Giant Bomb guys play this. I bet it'd be a good video.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

I dunno. It's a pretty old game, they're not European (thus not a new audience to this), and they don't hold JRPGs in the highest regard.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

@brenderous said:

It's a super old game, but I'd really like to see the Giant Bomb guys play this. I bet it'd be a good video.

It would make a terrible video. Most of the strange stuff needs build up and the battles are turn based. Its a game you need to experience yourself.

Joeyoe31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Joeyoe31

Patrick has been talking on twitter about streaming it. You might get a whole playthrough.

Brenderous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Brenderous

@the_laughing_man: I mostly just want to hear Jeff's opinion on the names of the shops. Mach Pizza!

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

So... Earthbound Endurance Run? ;)

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

I'd watch a Patrick-Run of Earthbound.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TruthTellah

"Oh, now this part is really clever. You see, he is making a joke regarding a child defecating somewhere in the nearby area. It's infantile but done for a clearly mature laugh. This is the kind of humor which I greatly appreciate from games of this era..."

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

@beachthunder said:

"Oh, now this part is really clever. You see, he is making a joke regarding a child defecating somewhere in the nearby area. It's infantile but done for a clearly mature laugh. This is the kind of humor which I greatly appreciate from games of this era..."

Spot on.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Let's do this. An Endurance Run would be nice, but Nintendo has been weird about this kind of stuff lately.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

I'd bet a large sum that Patrick will be streaming some amount of Earthbound in the near future.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TruthTellah

@milkman: Oh? Do you perhaps have some inside information, Milkman?

You can tell us. We're all friends here.

ilikepopcans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By ilikepopcans
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

I dunno. It's a pretty old game, they're not European (thus not a new audience to this), and they don't hold JRPGs in the highest regard.

EarthBound's audience in North America was still pretty small back then. It wasn't exactly a high seller, after all.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#15  Edited By Video_Game_King

@hailinel said:

@video_game_king said:

EarthBound's audience in North America was still pretty small back then. It wasn't exactly a high seller, after all.

Although Smash Bros and emulation have probably expanded that some.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@truthtellah said:

@beachthunder said:

Spot on.

...I'd watch it. It's been awhile. I miss that dude. I still haven't watched the CT endurance run because "I'm going to play it eventually", but Ryan & Patrick are... were great together.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@hailinel said:

@video_game_king said:

Although Smash Bros and emulation have probably expanded that some.

Probably not by as much as you'd think.

GValo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vinny and Brad talk about wanting to check it out on the Bombcast this week and Jeff has a code to download it. I'm trying to avoid hoping/talking about an ER because if they're hounded about it, they definitely won't do it but if the three of them have some interest in checking it out, I wouldn't be opposed to them sitting down it with while nothing is coming out.

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@gvalo said:

Vinny and Brad talk about wanting to check it out on the Bombcast this week and Jeff has a code to download it. I'm trying to avoid hoping/talking about an ER because if they're hounded about it, they definitely won't do it but if the three of them have some interest in checking it out, I wouldn't be opposed to them sitting down it with while nothing is coming out.

Unfortunately with the loss of Ryan and Patrick moving back East, I highly doubt they have the manpower for an ER. I feel they need to hire two more in house guys or move Alex to full time to make up for both losses. However I'd be down with a 3 person ER. If they can dedicate the time Jeff, Brad and Vinny could be decent.

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By oraknabo

Endurance Run would really be the only way. I would also love to see them play Mother 3, but that will never happen because they'd have to record themselves playing an unofically patched ROM.

GValo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@subject2change: Yeah especially with Drew on vacation or at least a day or two of PTO. I don't see them doing an ER for a long time. I think if Patrick was still around it'd be way more likely.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.